Shu

Tired of serious books.

10 posts in this topic

I wander if there more of those non-binding and non-indicative fun easy going yet resourceful and productive top notch books like alchemist.

Couse sometimes i feel like all thet sirious self development is lacking thet spark of colourfulness and romantism.

Edited by Shu

@Hello from Russia "siruos" for me is opposite of easy and intuitive, with facts and instructive tone how to be (for whatever couse). Not thet iam ageinst it all but somtimes i need a break. Serius stuf is reletive and complicate to define.. but youl know when youl see an easy free form .. thets for sure.

Edited by Shu

OSHO's books are packed with stories and are entertaining to read.

Oliver Sack's "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat" might be a good shot for you. If you will like this one, then I recommend for you to read his autobiography "On The Move", too.

Frans de Waal's "Our Inner Ape" is entertaining as hell, as well.

I have also thought about some of the most-inspiring biographies that there are, but at the same time being very down to earth and pleasant to read. These would be: "Total Recall" by Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Elon Musk" by Ashlee Vance, and "Steve Jobs" by Walter Isaacson.

Edited by Girzo

I second @Girzo 's recommendation of the man who mistook his wife for a hat. Super entertaining book. I actually gave that as a Christmas gift to several family members who are in the medical field last year. 

@ChimpBrain Yup, I still have to find a Sack's book that I didn't like. All his works are great. Just pick a title with a topic you like and enjoy!

He perfectly combines humanitarian aproach to people with scientific knowledge, takes the best from these two worlds and puts it into a one book. 

@Shu, another recommendation for you. "Motorcyclism. Road to mindfulness" is a well-done attempt at fusing motorcycling with Zen. Check it out, if you like rare books, that no-one knows about.

Edited by Girzo

On 7/26/2018 at 0:47 AM, Shu said:

@Hello from Russia "siruos" for me is opposite of easy and intuitive, with facts and instructive tone how to be (for whatever couse). Not thet iam ageinst it all but somtimes i need a break. Serius stuf is reletive and complicate to define.. but youl know when youl see an easy free form .. thets for sure.

Thats tricky. I consider serious anything that is formal philosophy. Or serious can be non-fiction as opposed to fiction. Try some story based self help like the Alchemist or The Wheel of Time, pick some good music, and try to enjoy the process a bit more.