Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mafortu

Is there any reason for a Turquoise to be Vegan?

20 posts in this topic

Turquoises realize there is no separation between self and else, matter or organics.

Life is life, wheras it takes the configuration of plants or animals. So why would one spare the animal and sacrifice the plant?

Is pain the only argument left? Is it okay to eat an animal that has cerebral impairment that spares it the feeling of pain?

Sorry if this comes out as trollish, I know this is a delicate subject for some people here. 

To me the only reason I'm considering going meat free is the feeling of disgust when I think about industrial killing of animals.

Disgust is what I tend to avoid around food.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

26 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

Turquoises realize there is no separation between self and else, matter or organics.

Life is life, wheras it takes the configuration of plants or animals. So why would one spare the animal and sacrifice the plant?

Is pain the only argument left? Is it okay to eat an animal that has cerebral impairment that spares it the feeling of pain?

Sorry if this comes out as trollish, I know this is a delicate subject for some people here. 

To spare the animal means to spare both the plant and the animal, because raising animals requires plants to be sacrificed for the animals. And just ask yourself this:

Is it okay to kill a human (which is an animal) that has a cerebral impairment that spares it the feeling of pain? 

Other arguments for not consuming animal products are environmental, as the leading cause for deforestation around the world is as far as I know animal agriculture. In the end it's okay to do anything, but a well educated Turquoise will most likely pass on products that cause unnecessary death and violence, that's what I would guess at least.

Glory to Israel

Turquoise doesn’t think externally like this.  Lemme reframe this.  Is there any reason for you to be a vegan?  

I don't know about Turquoise, but each time I buy a piece of meat, I thank the animal for its sacrifice and I try to acknowledge the shitty life it lived. I hope we get to see lab meat soon. 

@Mafortu Arguments and reasons are a stage Orange paradigm.

Turquoise does not act to be good from reason. Goodness is inherent to Turquoise consciousness. There is no reason to be good. You be good simply because you want to. For no reason!

Or be a selfish prick. Either one is good. Whatver turns you on.

To be truly good is to realize there is no difference between good and bad.

When your ego dissolves you will start to identify more with everything, including animals, and you will probably not want to play a part in factory farming, etc. But you also won't make a big self-righteous stink about it because you will realize there cannot be life without death.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

42 minutes ago, martin_malin said:

I don't know about Turquoise, but each time I buy a piece of meat, I thank the animal for its sacrifice and I try to acknowledge the shitty life it lived. I hope we get to see lab meat soon. 

Thanks for your thanks, life-saving! 

0b5a185c04b6a2b82df213df8002b689.jpg

Animals make better friends than most people.

I personally don't eat my friends. Do you?

2 hours ago, Mafortu said:

Turquoises are genuinely in touch with their emotions and are naturally empathetic to the suffering of others, and are humane as a result. So, it doesn't have anything to do with "reason" as reason is a function of the mind and empathy is a function of the heart. 

So, if you are conscious of the suffering in a really palpable way, you will naturally not want to contribute to it because the suffering of others is LITERALLY your suffering. You can FEEL it. It's a function of the heart which is superior to the mind in these matters.

But it also won't make any logical sense to contribute to the killing/torture animals when it can be avoided by eating other things. So, it's not like the mind won't play its part.

But don't look to the head for understanding. That will bypass the emotional awareness that you need to become more conscious. It's easy to hide away from your emotions in your head and be like, "Well, technically plants are alive too. So, why is it worse to kill animals?" But that's just the mind intellectually bypassing the awareness of the emotions using reductionism and logic. You'd be essentially using the truth to lie to yourself.

If you look (and really look without retreating into the mind), you will FEEL the difference between killing an animal and killing a plant. And those feelings are valid and should be listened to. The mind may tell you otherwise to keep you in homeostasis though. It's good at rationalizing things away and creating blindspots that keep us in our comfort zones. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Cudin Spiritual teachers have transcended feelings for animals. You should too.

96124ba28a7a18be1f7150734cac3c8c--advait

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

18 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Cudin Spiritual teachers have transcended feelings for animals. You should too.

To transcend something doesn't mean it doesn't exist anymore.

Regarding Ramana - it's pretty clear the amazing relationship he had with animals, just do the research. With all due respect, you are talking nonsense. Studying his life would be of great benefit for you.

https://sriramanamaharishi.com/animals-birds/ramana-maharshi-and-animals/

@Cudin I’m not saying you shouldn’t play with animals. But your internal state, you must not have feelings of sorrow for animals. It’s delusion. Because animals don’t exist! Nonduality 101.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Great responses, thanks everyone!

37 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Cudin I’m not saying you shouldn’t play with animals. But your internal state, you must not have feelings of sorrow for animals. It’s delusion. Because animals don’t exist! Nonduality 101.

Pretty sure you're talking that out of belief, which is also delusion, my friend.

Yes, Animals don't exist, but in their perspective, they do. Compassion 101.

3 hours ago, Mafortu said:

I did that. Went vegan for around 18 months. Then realized deeply what you said. So yeah, I’d say vegan is a spiral right of passage in a sense, that it serves you well to raise your consciousness to the degree needed to eat vegan. There is that suffering of animals issue, but that’s my assumption / projection. Maybe veganism helps through yellow? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, martin_malin said:

Ok great I guess? :) But it doesn't actually change anything. Even if you had a ceremoni for the animal you eat and dancing around thanking it for it's sacrifice it still suffered and died just as much. Maybe it eases the conscience a bit but it doesn't mean anything for the animal :P

4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

96124ba28a7a18be1f7150734cac3c8c--advait

I'm starting to transcend the feelings for humans and thinking of killing them. You should too.

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I can understand what you say by delusion and all that. Maybe. You may not mean what I'm about to say now but...
It's ignorant just saying suffering isn't actually real and therefore don't care about animals.
Let's say I stab you with a knife and say "what? you're not real anyway and the suffering is delusion!!" What  you say then? ;)

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Ultimately, how you eat is a personal decision. In my experience, part of self actualization is paying attention to your body. How do you feel after everything you ingest? It helps to keep a journal of what you're consuming and how you feel afterwards. Get to know yourself.  

I was vegetarian for about 5 years because I don't agree with factory farming of animals.  Then I discovered that there are small farmers raising happy and humanely raised animals for food. I personally like to support that. I  feel more connected to the web of life when I consume animals. I don't require a whole lot of meat to feel nourished, maybe about 1/4 lb or so once a day. 

I've also experienced a connection with plants (I grow a a lot of my own veggies and have ornamental plants). I don't agree with factory farmed plants. I don't think a plants life is any less sacred than an animal's life. I like to support local small veggie farmers too. 

I make these choices because it feels good to me. I'm sure I'll continue to fluctuate as I grow and change.

This is an issue for non vegans on what to eat. 

Anyone who adapt a plant based diet will see the benfits. You can’t guess your way to it - it has to be experimental. 

And also... plants are still alive when you eat them. You feed the body with life instead of death :) 

Eat eggs from humanely raised chickens, problem solved. Highly bioavailable protein, extremely nutritious, no suffering. 

*cue outrage from the pro chicken life advocates 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

10 minutes ago, InfinitePotential said:

Eat eggs from humanely raised chickens, problem solved. Highly bioavailable protein, extremely nutritious, no suffering. 

*cue outrage from the pro chicken life advocates 

And lot of cholesterol.

People are not eating for the spirit. They eat for the ego.