SelfHelpGuy

Is a Gaming YT Channel Bad?

23 posts in this topic

I started a business recently and I'm loving the process of being an entrepreneur. - It's a Video Editing Services Business.

But I also really love being a creator and have some free time to do it. 

I'm not addicted to Gaming, I don't crave it. However, I find it fun to build a community on YouTube whilst playing a video game and commentating. I guess it's just like a radio show/podcast right? Talking about whatever and it being a source of entertainment for people.

Isn't that a more positive way to look at a Gaming Channel?

Is there anything wrong with starting a Gaming Channel? or - Is there a better way to start a Gaming Channel?

Any advice is appreciated. 

You should do a gaming channel if it's what you're really passionate about. Your emotions should tell you what's right for you. Don't feel obligated to bypass things that you're genuinely interested in because they are "low consciousness." Not everything has to center around "high consciousness" things. In fact, notoriously "low consciousness" things can be done in a conscious way, and "high consciousness" things can be done in an unconscious way.

Don't bypass your genuine interests. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@SelfHelpGuy to be honest I would think you are kind of making people waste their time with a gaming channel to be honest. I am not into gaming at all though so I could be totally wrong. Just doesn't seem like a productive thing to do for your viewers. But maybe you can come from an angle that does provide actual value. 

@Paulus Amadeus I know what you mean.

Watching Gaming Youtubers when I was younger inspired me to become a creator. 

Which has now lead to me running a business.

I think that providing a source of entertainment has it's value. Plus, it'll be a way for me to practice humour and speaking skills. 

Follow your heart, don't let the stigma of gaming-videos turn you away from what you are really passionate about.

A lot of young people watch gaming videos on youtube. Think about the influence you could have on them if you share higher consciousness wisdom through your speech. It could be really powerful.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

In highschool I was entrenched in video games. After high school when I was looking into myself for the answers , it turned out that the video games I always played held many secrets to my true character. Particularly in MMORPG’s , I found so many nuggets of wisdom in looking into my avatar , and what I loved to do within the game world.

So many people play video games, and resonate with all things video games. I would say that if you are using a gaming YouTube channel to comment on the authentic lessons of video games ( themes such as mastery , life purpose, character building , the heroes journey , etc ) , then you will be doing a very good thing. And if it’s entertaining , then you will be doing a great thing because you might end up enlightening many people on such ideas through a lense which they are comfortable with. It’s almost like giving audiences a delicious fortune cookie that has a golden message inside. Some might discard the message, some might be directed to truth. But in all cases , they will love that delicious tasty crunch that you delivered to them.

Just my 2 cents. Wishing you all the best on your journey!  

Edited by St Clair

@Paulus Amadeus not everything has to be a meaningful use of time ;)

Why don't you just try it out? If after 2 weeks you decide it isn't for you after all, stop doing it. It's as easy as that. ^^

Besides, you can use a "simple" platform like a gaming channel just as well to make an impact and convey issues important to you (:

@see_on_see your inability to think of creative ways to make gaming videos shows a lack of imagination. frankly, as a human being with access to infinite creativity, you can do better. 

I used to do a gaming channel I grew to 400 subscribers in about a month and even got approached for a 3rd party partnership (The people who dealt with gaming video copyrights at the time, which I didnt reply to) but I gave up the one thing that never stood well with me is:

"I'm not mastering anything."

• Mastering one game, putting 10,000 hours into it only for it to age, rot, and be thrown aside as "outdated", no thanks.

• Editting videos, basic skill level, after a while you redoing the same thing and not learning anything, your not going to become a movie editor or special effects artists just practicing youtube videos (unless your making very time consuming, special effects videos).

• Entertainer, nope, entertainers work on their craft, actors practice acting, they read scripts over and over they work on their emotions and behavior, everyone from comedians to stage performers all spends hours on their craft YouTuber and Twitch gamers don't, they turn on the camera and tada! "this is just me!"

• The majority of work these guys do outside of playing video games is marketing themselve, convincing people to follow them and watch them,  that their time watching them is "worth it".

• You're essentially wasting people's time, these people who turn up twitch channel etc are usually the people who need the most help, they are the most depressed, isolated/lonely , introverted, looking for an escape from reality types of people. And the thing that will help them the least is "watching someone play video games" but they see it as a positive because the illusion is that it offers them an escape from their problems, but it doesn't fix any problems, most of these people are young adults who are choosing gaming and staying at their parents basement over moving out and getting a career.

• Gamers are as low as consciousness as it can get, and I say this as a gamer, we are some of the most tunnel visioned people, easily manipulated to play games for hours for "skins" or "unlocks" not realising we will not even be playing this game 1-2 years from now, gamers are the easiest crowd to bait and hook on a fishing reel, but we tend to think we are clever, we are not. Just spend some time watch twitch.com for a few weeks and take notes on the channel and people, you will realise how toxic people are, from the host to the general chat.

• Success is a lottery game, as in it doesn't have much of a linear progression, you can have someone whos been doing a decent job for years averaging 200 viewers and then you can have a new guy who just hits off with his niche / styles and gets more success than you can ever imagine. So if anyone says I want to be a famous YouTuber or Twitch streamer it's the same as saying "I'm going to win the lottery, that's what I'm counting on".

But hey you're only doing it in your free time for fun, then sure why not, it's just a hobby in your free time, most of what I'm saying is for those people who are "putting all their eggs into it as a career". But if you are secretly wishing to be a full time streamer/channel then all I said should be considered.

Edited by blazed

@SelfHelpGuy i think its an awesome idea. you dont have to worry about people wasting their time.  Peoples procrastination on things like that isnt caused by the streamer or entertainer itself. If you werent there, they would easily find someone or something else to fulfill that role.

If its your passion, that s awesome! I used to be a big gamer when I was growing up. Not as much anymore as Ive gone through 3 years of grueling awakening experiences, but it can still be fun! Entertainment isnt evil or wrong, its fine! Its awesome, its beautiful and enjoyable! <3 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

21 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

entertainment isnt evil or wrong, its fine! Its awesome, its beautiful and enjoyable! <3 

Actually if you have a compulsion to do it then you can see it as a negative / wrong thing to do.

For example your higher self wants to do X (your business work).

But you keep succumbing to Y or Z (entertainment / procrastination).

Then the obvious would be to see it as a negative and remove it from your environment.

For example a doughnut is not evil per se, its fine, in fact in the worse situation it can feed you and help you survive.

But if your mum puts doughnuts out 2-3 times a day and you see and eat it you will get obese, and ill with diseases in the long term.

The key is to be able to see that doughnut, and push it away and never eat it, thats what internet entertainment is like.

How many people have the power to do that?

Wouldn't it be better if there just wasn't any doughnuts in the house, and if you wanted one you would have to walk a mile?

Kids and young adults dont have the wisdom to do that, if they had many years of such entertainment that it's pretty much ingrained into their behavior, goodluck.

Honestly its like saying Heroine and cocaine isn't evil, which is true, if left alone, but the fact is it does and will become evil for most people.

Edited by blazed

Just now, blazed said:

Actually if you have a compulsion to do it then you can see it as a negative / wrong thing to do.

For example your higher self wants to do X (your business work).

But you keep succumbing to Y or Z (entertainment / procrastination).

Then the obvious would be to see it as a negative and remove it from your environment.

For example a doughnut is not evil per se, its fine, in fact in the worse situation it can feed you and help you survive.

But if your mum puts doughnuts out 2-3 times a day and you see and eat it you will get obese, and ill with diseases in the long term.

The key is to be able to see that doughnut, and push it away and never eat it, thats what internet entertainment is like.

How many people have the power to do that?

Kids and young adults dont have the wisdom to do that, if they had too years of such entertainment that it's pretty ingrained into their behavior goodluck.

Honestly its like saying Heroine and cocaine isn't evil, which is true, if left alone, but the fact is it does and will become evil for most people.

Oh my goodness man thanks for looking out for me. Its true!
It is an ungrounding experience that slows down the inner kundalini transformation because its too much for the consciousness to handle!
So what do you think I should do?!!!!!!
Should I sell my laptop? Or block twitch and youtube, and use my (oh this breaks my heart, I have actually a brand new gaming laptop) computer for school only? I mean That is such a shame, its like using your ferari for garbage disposal!
So do you think I have a problem?
I look at gaming videos for entertainment! And obviously you seem knowledgeable and all which I honor and respect. What is your opinion?! 

1 minute ago, Martin123 said:

Oh my goodness man thanks for looking out for me. Its true!
It is an ungrounding experience that slows down the inner kundalini transformation because its too much for the consciousness to handle!
So what do you think I should do?!!!!!!
Should I sell my laptop? Or block twitch and youtube, and use my (oh this breaks my heart, I have actually a brand new gaming laptop) computer for school only? I mean That is such a shame, its like using your ferari for garbage disposal!
So do you think I have a problem?
I look at gaming videos for entertainment! And obviously you seem knowledgeable and all which I honor and respect. What is your opinion?! 

Good, your butthurt and your sarcastic now, shall i turn on troll mode now and we can argue?

@blazed Oh im so sorry you think that.
I was actually being sincere. If you think there is some sort of advice you could give me and help I could benefit form I am totally for it and would love that.
I did not mean to disrespect you in any way. I actually quite appreciated the comment you posted.

19 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@blazed Oh im so sorry you think that.
I was actually being sincere. If you think there is some sort of advice you could give me and help I could benefit form I am totally for it and would love that.
I did not mean to disrespect you in any way. I actually quite appreciated the comment you posted.

Yeah yeah.

It was so obviously sarcastic, be more subtle next time :D

You could disagree with me, im just pointing out my opinion, you dont seem to think distractions is a real thing. I do.

Edited by blazed

@blazed well thank you for honouring the differences between us. I think your opinion is valid and helpful. 

Btw I actually do think I could totally benefit from cutting down some of my YouTube time, and I mentioned some rather extreme solutions because you were so passionate about the topic, all the points you included made a lot of sense actually!