d0ornokey

Which tool(s) did you experience the most benefit from?

25 posts in this topic

In your direct experience. 

For me, neurofeedback gave me the most benefit by far. Better mood, mental clarity, happiness

Mindfulness and flatting out thoughts illusory nature. Big time. 

I was pretty heavily alcoholic (2-3 heavy drinking nights a week) when I watched Leo's video on "awaraness alone is curative" and derived my own version of the method descriped in the video to get rid of alcohol and my method went like this:

1 when at home, take a bottle of whisky and pour yourself a shot

2 everytime you get a feeling that you need to take a shot, or if you think about alcohol, or even if you look at the shot you have to pick it up

3 pull it under your nose and smell it, think how it tastes, how it makes you feel, the hangover, how it affects your social situations, future and basically tap into every negative emotion that you have with alcohol and dvelve in it

4 you should notice your hand shaking as it becomes impossible to drink that shot

5 dispose of the shot when you go to sleep

During my first 2 weeks i did this excersise countless times. The first day i did it over 15 freaking times. After those first 2 weeks i just dropped the method and in the past 2 months, i have gotten only once heavily drunk, and few nights i have gone with max 6 drinks. Changed my life

Edit: funny thing, at one point i tried to force myself into drinking the shot, but everytime i tried i just couldnt. Then my mind literally began to distract me from focusing on the shot with all kind of imaginations and thoughts :D

Edit2: if someone here tries out this technique, please PM me for your results. I have noticed that it works much better with hard addictions such as alcohol, tobacco and drug addictions but with minor addictions with less noticable side effects its less effective

Edited by Hansu

Self-inquiry. I have been doing Byron Katie's "the work" for a few years and it's magical. I have reached a point where I feel like I can clearly see my issues (and I see them once I observe myself giving advice - then I "turn it around" and I can find out what I'm projecting). But it doesn't just help with that - one also learns to see other people's issues that way, simply by understanding why they tend to give you certain advice.

Oh yes, I know - it sounds like I have it all figured out. Don't worry, I still have some work left to do ?

The tool that you believe will work best for you, generally will work best for you.

B R E A T H E

I would say basic meditation and mindfulness combined with Leo's help understanding the nature of ego. All of my triggers, motivations, fears, desires, biases, etc, are so much more clear to me now than they ever were before. This has improved my life tremendously, although I still have soooo much work to do lol

5 hours ago, pluto said:

The tool that you believe will work best for you, generally will work best for you.

? Amen! 

Many things but one "tool" I would be happy to have known earlier is TRE (Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises). It is surprisingly simple and powerful.

Here's my toolbox:
commonplace book
life purpose
daily meditation practice
studying and learning theory
solo psychedelic trips
eat well, gym 4x/wk    (my life purpose is fitness related)
dream journal + reality checks, allows for lucid dream exploration.
The lucid dream exploration is itself an avenue for exploration and understanding of the subconscious mind which is useful for doing shadow work, among other things. The dream exploration practice also helped uproot my beliefs about the nature of reality to the point where I've had direct experience of being unable to tell the difference between waking physical reality and dreaming while I was awake. 

THERE’S REALLY NO SHORTCUTS TO PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT — YOU GOTTA PUT IN THE HOURS EVERYDAY AS PART OF YOUR DAILY ROUTINE IF YOU WANNA GET BIG RESULTS IN GROWTH OVER TIME — THERE’S NO ‘CHEAT CODES’ FOR GROWTH LIKE THERE ARE FOR VIDEO GAMES

After working for like 3.5 years really really hard on my Personal Development I would say that there’s really no shortcut to doing the work.  You really gotta be the person who’s just pounding at it everyday.  And what you work on is what you’ll improve.  There’s no shortcuts to this work — psychedelics or otherwise.  You gotta put in the hours everyday.  And thankfully, I stuck with it, even though some people accused me of spiritual bypassing etc. because of my dedication.  So, there’s gotta be something in you that catches a whiff and follows it until the end, no matter what people say or do. That’s the person who’s gonna grow the most over the long term.  And after a couple of years, you’ll really start to see your progress.  It may not be the kind of progress you were expecting when you first started your path.  But you’ll have that progress because you did the work.  And then maybe at that point you’ll start to teach Personal Development and so on.  Treat Personal Development as something you work on as part of your Daily Routine.  You’re gonna get out of it what you put into it, it’s just that simple.  At the end of the day, there’s no shortcut end-run around putting the hours in everyday and doing the work.  You can’t bullshit growth.  There’s no ‘cheat codes’ for growth.  I know some of these video gamers have these devices that allow them to enter ‘cheat codes’ in games and get infinite lives, etc.  There are no ‘cheat codes’ in real Personal Development.  You gotta fight every boss at every level three times over, without any ‘cheat code’.  You’re only gonna get out of Personal Development what you actually go through.  The journey is all important in Personal Development.  Trying to find an easier way around that can lead to going down a really wrong path.  It’s like trying to become a great marathon runner by cheating on the route and then acting like you won.  You didn’t win shit!  See?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Hard work is essential. I agree. But it is not enough.

Smart effort is what it's all about.

Banging your head against the wall is "hard work" as well. :D

Balance is required - hard work vs being smart

Colon cleansing and then a detox and some herbs.

Everybody will benefit amazingly if doing a colon cleasing at least once a year. Twice or every season change if possible. I truly believe it could change the world.

We are literally full of shit to the brim.

Need to do it again soon.

23 hours ago, PetarKa said:

@Joseph Maynor Hard work is essential. I agree. But it is not enough.

Smart effort is what it's all about.

Banging your head against the wall is "hard work" as well. :D

Balance is required - hard work vs being smart

A WARNING FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A VIDEO GAME 'CHEAT CODE' IN PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT TO AVOID HAVING TO DO THE HARD WORK EVERYDAY -- THERE ISN'T ONE! -- YOU'RE GONNA GET OUT OF PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT EXACTLY WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT -- IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GONNA B.S. YOUR WAY INTO ENLIGHTENED STAGE TURQUOISE, THINK AGAIN -- WHAT YOU WORK ON IS WHAT YOU IMPROVE 

I think everybody is looking for the easy way in Personal Development, but there really isn't one.  If the big effort is there the small efforts will take care of themselves.  If only the small efforts are there -- that's like trying to become a jazz musician by practicing once a week.  No, to become a jazz musician you gotta practice 5 hours per day.  See?  Sometimes the work you're doing just isn't rising to the level of the work needed to accomplish the goal.  That's the problem with small efforts.  It can be dabbling.  So, the daily effort has to match the requirements of the goal you wanna achieve.  If your goal is to become Enlightened and Stage Turquoise in a few years and to be embodying your Life Purpose, then lemme tell you something -- that takes a shitload of work everyday.  Don't fool yourself.  That takes hours of work everyday.  You see how much I journal.  That's all work I'm putting into my own growth.  I would say you should be spending 3-4 hours per day on your Personal Development tasks.  If you're not doing that, you're definitely not gonna grow at that fast of a clip.  So, what you put into it is what you get out of it.  You don't become Enlightened Stage Turquoise by smoking DMT.  Now, smoking DMT could be useful to you -- if you're also doing that hard Personal Development work everyday too!  Now, I use DMT as an example because I've actually smoked Changa and had an Ego Death experience when I did it.  Psychedelics are not a video game 'cheat code' for Personal Development.  Psychedelics are the icing on the cake when you're doing so much Personal Development work that you can really appreciate the psychedelic and take something from it that will set you up for your next level of growth.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

zazen, hatha yoga, kundalini yoga, ayahuasca and healthy food

unborn Truth

• Meditation - I think I don't have to expand on that. It's a life changer. Literally.
  • Solo travel - made me really self-reliable, couragous, helped me get unatached from my family and stuff.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Meditation / Mindfulness meditation -> helps to build a daily structure, mental clarity, equanimity, perspective about ones goals and values, introspection, concentration, will power, changing habits or building new ones , helps with sports for instance noticing self-defeating thoughts or counting ones steps while jogging, other small things for instance not forgetting where I placed an object in my room, feeling better about studying and recognizing self-defeating thoughts, also my mental health is better way better

Journaling -> goal setting, planning, mental health, happiness, self-expression, writing abillity / skill, increases vocabulary, jotting down what one has learned through out the day or from books improves retention , good for some personal development excercises 

Shadow work -> incoperating disowned elements of myself, being too needy, too angry, too lethargic, arrogant, manipulative, negative, not arrogant / confident enough, self-doubt, courage  etc. expressing them in a healthy way and not feeling guilty about it or unconscious about these aspects of my personality

Solo travels -> courage, growing out of my comfort zone, exploring, expanding my horizion, exploring different cultures and perspectives , meeting different people and learning from them / making friends, dealing with uncertainty and chaos, managing my own budget,  dealing with people from different cultures and working with them. 

Looking forward to retreats and yoga and fking reading more books. 

21 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

@SpyAquamarine do you have resources for this?

It is just my personal expeience and how I felt when I did it. Research if it calls you. There are many kits out there and now that I know the ins and outs I gathered all the stuff necessary and can home make a simple one whenever I want.