Delmo

Confusion on spiral dynamics

3 posts in this topic

So I'm a bit confused after finshing spiral dynamic series. I believe I'm at 30%blue 50% orange and 20% green.

What is the best solution here. Should I embody orange to the fullest or green? Or just jump straight to yellow since I do have like 10% of yellow thinking.

And if I do embody tear1 in the spiral, how do I go about meditation and spiritual work since they are tear 2.  Should I just ignore those for now and focus on fully embody the stages below? 

Transform everything that is blue to orange first. 

I think you just go about the different areas separately. If you have some blue authoritarian thinking left, you can try to transcend that in favor of a more individualistic approach. If you're mostly orange, see where it feels superficial and where it seems necessary, try to let go of the superficial parts and discover green, keep and expand what's necessary or unfinished. Also no problem doing some "yellow" type of studying if that's what you're compelled to. 

You can start a meditation habit in orange/green, no problem. Naturally, orange will often do basic mindfulness and stress reduction techniques, green can go explore all the different kinds out there, opening chackras etc.

Ultimately, don't let yourself be held back by the classification. If a practice feels compelling, it may well be right for you.