Butters

Can following intuition go wrong?

10 posts in this topic

Following the intuitive thoughts, feelings that arise in moments of clarity, can I be wrong? 

For example, socializing more now, which I have a strong need for in my personal journey of growth, I find myself smoking a cigarette every now and again. Completely guilt free. 

Thoughts? 

Not really. Trusting intuition takes you where your intuition is headed

@Butters Yes you can.

Intuition alone is not enough. What's required is consciousness, intelligence, self-reflection, broad study, shadow work, emotional mastery, and openess to feedback.

Without all of those, I can almost guarantee you will go wrong.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

All that is required is love. Why do you guys keep complicating what is so simple?

Complete surrender of the mind is necessary, including the part that desires knowledge, desires helping people. Otherwise you are living from a mind that is based upon separation; and that will create suffering in various ways.

Namaste. 

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Intuition is not an oracle. It's a set of coars-grained heuristics that the autopilot part of your mind use for making snap judgements. No, you shouldn't blindly trust the judgements of this mental mechanism. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

nothing goes wrong, ever

existence is a masterpiece, the most beautiful work of art there is

all it takes for you to see is putting yourself out of the equation

5g of dried cubensis might also help

What people generally calling as intuition is just a feeling that they can't explain. 

My theory is that there's no such thing as intuition. There're only subtler and subtler feelings. And if a feeling is very subtler it gets labeled as intuition. When in reality it's just the same as normal feeling.

So can the feelings misslead you in life? I think you know the answer.

Hi @Butters I agree that intuition can go wrong (and will go wrong if you follow it enough times). Of course, our minds have a defense mechanism that may make us think our intuition isn't wrong when it is.

I agree with Erlend that intuition is based on heuristics (the knowledge we've accumulated). It uses some assumptions to make quick decisions (or 'in the moment' as you say), but those assumptions can contain error that affect the decision we make.

That said, sometimes our intuition is correct. But I would rather follow clear and correct thinking without assumptions, than follow intuition.

Cheers!

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

Can someone explain me what kind of intuition is talked about here? I always thought that intuition is only happening before big life changes when it calls you to do something scary but where you will grow a lot

On 25-7-2018 at 7:20 AM, MarinM said:

Can someone explain me what kind of intuition is talked about here? I always thought that intuition is only happening before big life changes when it calls you to do something scary but where you will grow a lot

What I referred to is gut feeling. I used to make my decisions in life based on "rational thinking" but in my case that turned out to be nonsense - an excuse to ignore my gut. 

Looking back on many life events, I found I secretly knew important things all along but ended up rationalizing in the other (wrong) direction.