lmfao

4 posts in this topic

‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍    ‍  

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

6 minutes ago, lmfao said:

I need to tell my family that I'm not religious, but it's going to be hard I guess. Any advice for how to break the news to my family would be appreciated. 

You don't have to tell them.

My entire family is devout Christians - and they are convinced that I am also a devout Christian. 

I don't lie to them. Simply, no one ever asks "Are you still a Christian?". 

No one will ask unless you bring it up.

I moved out at 18 and things have been great since. Visit for holidays and that's it.

Edited by Brittany

@Brittany  

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

If you are financially independent on them in anyway (shelter, payment of schooling, food, etc.), I would wait until you move out before telling them. 

You can quickly tell them over dinner and then go home to your own apartment/house. They might be angry or sad but they won't be able to "punish" you since you moved out.

This is similar to a person coming out as gay. Each family will respond differently.