AstralProjection

As Self Actualizing Spiritual People Here What Do Yous Think Of Strip Clubs?

21 posts in this topic

So the other day me and my friend went to a strip club. We smoked a little sour diesel weed, not enough to get fucked up with but just enough to enhance the senses. And oh my god going there was better than I anticipated. I had three 4 lap dances. I learned that when a women's butt and boobs are right in your face that it's much bigger than it is on a screen or even in regular life. But I still have thoughts in the back of my head where I question objectification of women like that. And I want to know what yous think here on this kind of forum. Leo feel free to chime in. Thanks.

"Get more lap dances."

-- Rupert Spira

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Call me old fashioned but i personally like belly dancers ?

your ego life is as important as your "god" life. enjoy.

about objectification of woman ( or humans beings in general ) as long as you dont do any harm in a strip club, you are as an object as they are inside that place.

And I am sure you wont think all woman MUST do the same as those girls all time time to please you, I think its ok.

@AstralProjection

40 minutes ago, AstralProjection said:

So the other day me and my friend went to a strip club. We smoked a little sour diesel weed, not enough to get fucked up with but just enough to enhance the senses. And oh my god going there was better than I anticipated. I had three 4 lap dances. I learned that when a women's butt and boobs are right in your face that it's much bigger than it is on a screen or even in regular life. But I still have thoughts in the back of my head where I question objectification of women like that. And I want to know what yous think here on this kind of forum. Leo feel free to chime in. Thanks.

Stripping happens in both strip clubs and meditation retreats; the former is about stripping the clothes and the later is about stripping the illusions..

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

And the ego said "I'll turn every thing into a spiritual practice so I can do all the crap I want but label it as otherwise such as mindfulness or being present crap"

If it doesn't burn the ego, it's not anything spiritual.

When the ego is screaming/crying to give up or move for example in a determined sitting you know you're doing it right.

Edited by blazed

It just seems really desperate and unhealthy to me, but I'm not ideologically for or against it.  It's like a Stage Orange development in culture.  Hey, we have naked women that you can come see if you wanna purchase that!  It's like Stage Orange flipping-off Stage Blue.  And then Stage Orange gets to pretend like they're the bigger person because at least they're out about sex, whereas Stage Blue is guarded about sex.  So, you can see that kind of dynamic playing itself out there too.  Prostitution is also very Stage Orange, right?  The commodification of sex.  Sex is no longer a marriage thing as Stage Blue thinks, it's a mere commodity to be traded just like anything else.  I trade sex for your money -- hey, that's a transaction.  Orange wants to rebel against Blue's moralizing about sex.  And you can kind of see the extremes of that with tolerance for strip clubs.  You can see Jerry Falwell spinning in his grave, right.  Orange loves that.  Orange sees that kind of moralizing about sex as really backwards and unrealistic.  Green starts to have a problem with it though, because Green sees the unhealthiness of it.  Green sees that the women doing the strip club are probably not living a Life Purpose.  That's not someone who's doing that because they really wanna be doing that deep-down inside,  Now, maybe a tiny percentage do, right.  And for those people, have at it.  But Green understands that there's a certain desperateness about the women at strip clubs.  And if you look at the guys in a strip club, not to be too judgmental -- but are those dudes self-actualizing guys?  No, right.  It's pretty obvious.  Those are baseline dudes.  Again, I'm sure there are a small number of exceptions to this.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

"Get more lap dances."

-- Rupert Spira

;)

Another one of my fave sagely quotes. :D 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I thought this would be what a "spiritual" retreat is all about? Now I'm confused.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

I took my wife to one last year for her 27th bday because she'd never been. We had fun and it was a pretty solid bonding experience but I did have some guilt about it afterwards for the same reason @Joseph Maynormentioned. The green in me felt sorry for the girls and realized most of them would really rather be doing something else. Also I'm 37 and now feel pretty weird about eye fucking 18-19yr olds. I have no interest in going by myself but I'm glad her and I went, it brought us closer together, opened up a new line of communication, made us more secure in our relationship, etc.

I'd say embrace it while you have the desire to go. The novelty will wear off, you'll get grossed out by their manipulative techniques or the objectification involved, or just flat out realize you're blowing money that could be better spent and eventually stop enjoying it. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

"Get more lap dances."

-- Rupert Spira

;)

?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@AstralProjection If sex is interesting to you, then by all means go ahead and engage in it.
There is no jumping stages. You cannot become fully green unless you become fully orange.
The process of growth is dialectic. You need to experience the excess in order to see the unhealthiness.
It may actually be beneficial for later stages to engage in excesses to free the suppressed urges and desires.

I'm not saying that lap dances are bad though. If you're okay with them, then why don't you try something more extreme?
Prostitution can be seen as exploitation, but there are kinds of 'prostitutes' that will engage in a more therapeutic sex with you.
Sex is nice, but it is not anything better (or worse) than any other part of life. Like any other part of life - it can become unhealthy as well.

It is fundamentally up to you whether what you're doing is healthy or not.
In order to decide on that - you need to test the waters first and burn yourself first-hand to know where are your limits.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Well I thank everyone for your replies. And thanks to Leo for chiming in. I think I need to fully experience the stage I am at to move on to higher stages. There was a lot that I missed out on in life because of a health condition so I feel like I am just playing catch up right now. I am sure I will eventually grow out of it. Thanks again everyone for your time. :)

a place with people being who they are

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

1 hour ago, Arkandeus said:

a place with people being who they are

Really? That is just one aspect to who I am. I am multidimensional, as well as everyone else there.

yeah I'm going to agree with Joseph Mayor here. I do not think it should be illegal or anything like that. I personally have never attended one because its not an authentic place as others have pointed out. It cost a lot of money, and I don't really like the culture of objectification. 

I am biased though, I have been in a loving relationship for the last 7 years, so I kind of have my needs for the opposite sex met.

Was it a waste of money? Yes Was it one of the best experiences of my life? Yes. Both are true and that is what made it ultimately worth it.

3 hours ago, AstralProjection said:

Really? That is just one aspect to who I am. I am multidimensional, as well as everyone else there.

excuse me, a place with women dancing and men cheering on.

A place where the women and men's body is celebrated, where love is celebrated, where sex is celebrated!

I'm keeping the male strip clubs in mind too, strip clubs are absolutely awesome

what would an enlightened strip club activity look like?

woman and men dancing is something to be celebrated, whether its at a strip club, a cabaret, or even parents going to watch their kids dance performance, this is about love

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

25 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

excuse me, a place with women dancing and men cheering on.

A place where the women and men's body is celebrated, where love is celebrated, where sex is celebrated!

I'm keeping the male strip clubs in mind too, strip clubs are absolutely awesome

what would an enlightened strip club activity look like?

woman and men dancing is something to be celebrated, whether its at a strip club, a cabaret, or even parents going to watch their kids dance performance, this is about love

I guess when you RE-CONTEXTUALIZE ;) it like that, it's not so bad. I have never been to one, so my judgment strictly comes from what I see in movies.