sarapr

what if ...?

15 posts in this topic

If a person grew up without having had any sensory inputs, would that person be able to think? Or have any sense of existence and have awareness?

How can you get into someone else's personal subjective experience? That seems like something that science or any other method could never crack. We can only assume and at the end of the day they are...well just our assumptions

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@sarapr This has always interested me.  Although not sure if you are just speaking of deaf and blind, but also this person does not have touch?

Anyway, I have wondered if deaf persons have less mind chatter.  God, that would be sublime, but I wouldn't want the trade off. 

12 minutes ago, the_end_of_me said:

@sarapr This has always interested me.  Although not sure if you are just speaking of deaf and blind, but also this person does not have touch?

Anyway, I have wondered if deaf persons have less mind chatter.  God, that would be sublime, but I wouldn't want the trade off. 

Like someone who is born completely paralyzed so there would be no senses in the entire body and also deaf, blind and mute. 

Edited by sarapr

20 minutes ago, sarapr said:

If a person grew up without having had any sensory inputs, would that person be able to think? Or have any sense of existence and have awareness?

Good question. If a person grew up inside a box with only white walls, can you even describe colours in a way that the person could imagine the colour blue in an accurate way? I doubt it. 

A scientist told me that is called "quaila", and if you don't experience quaila from direct experience I think it's hard to imagine what it looks and feels like if you haven't experienced it first hand. 

Or can we know what the experience of red even if we never seen it from first hand experience? 

What do you think?

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@sarapr interesting... Like would they even have an ego? And say if something like sight or hearing was restored later in life, how quickly would an ego form? 

1 hour ago, sarapr said:

That's what you were before you were born ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hey it's not actually that far fetched. Just imagine the time you were a newborn. at time we didn't know any languages and were asleep most of the time and we don't have any memories of that time precisely because our minds were blank with no actual thinking ability or sense of existence, right? 

@Leo Gura  So that thing that creates the thoughts in our head is the thing present in a person with no sensory input but can't be felt. 

So in that case if you can't actually experience the thing creating the thoughts then what would make you so sure it's not the brain cause you can't feel the brain either. that's where I'm having a problem with your notion of brains don't exist. 

you are basically exploring a mental existence of yourself where you have no physical sensory input and you're asking yourself if this existence would be relevant to creation

you ask this precisely because you know deep down that every existence is a meaningful expression of creation

to make this knowledge surface to your conscious mind you project this puzzle

and so if you can find meaning in a life without sensory input you will get that closer to consciously remembering universal truth

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

2 hours ago, sarapr said:

You would start dreaming...

I don't think the person would be able to think given that we think using language and images, but sure the person would be as aware as the sofa I'm sitting on. 

1 hour ago, sarapr said:

@Leo Gura  So that thing that creates the thoughts in our head is the thing present in a person with no sensory input but can't be felt. 

So in that case if you can't actually experience the thing creating the thoughts then what would make you so sure it's not the brain cause you can't feel the brain either. that's where I'm having a problem with your notion of brains don't exist. 

There is no thing that creates thoughts. Thoughts arise within emptiness. Everything arises within emptiness.

You cannot "experience" emptiness with the senses. But you can be conscious of it. Because it is consciousness. Emptiness is self-aware. That's what existence is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.