Xin

best use of the summer

11 posts in this topic

so summers coming up and ive got 6 weeks of vacation.

since im in highschool ...

> what would be the best use of time in these 6 weeks ?

> for next year should i focus on money and setting up businesses so i dont struggle financially or my life purpose (or another alternative) ?

> how can i balance homework , revision , life purpose , meditation ,business , social skills ... etc?

Learn the theory - read as much as you can 

Take a meditation retreat 

Introspect on your life through journaling 

If you can do this you can maximize your summer

Be strategic about your life purpose, business, studies social activities, etc.  

But for heaven's sake, don't forget to build in some fun and downtime!!!  You need to recharge your batteries, and you have a lifetime of actualization ahead of you, allow yourself to not expect to have everything figured out in 6 weeks.  

Am I wrong to think that a high-schooler in the field of self-actualization should spend his summer with having fun and doing high-school age stuff alongside awareness practice instead of going to hardcore meditation retreats? Like do all the shit you like to do, spend time with friends, play games, be aware of the laziness you encounter with the early steps of self-actualization and shit like that. To be a child, not child monk.

PS: I envy you Xin! When i was your age i was just wasting my time playing videogames :D

(Edit: The guy is British and in high-school so he is maximum of 15 years old, how the fuck do you go traveling around the world or take retreats at that age? Im actually more curious than certain)

Edited by Hansu

I would say the best way is to travel as much as you can, as far as you can. That's what I'm going to do for one month, It can teach you more than any book, because you get so many different experiences, so many different cultures, people - beliefs, perceptions etc. You will go trough best and worst moments. Many people do this to "find themselves" and It works, because you have so many different experiences to go trough. And yes I would say do It alone. 

Do what you think will bring you the most excitement and joy, if you have to force yourself to do something it means you are not at the level of the activity yet.

for example Ill take a meditation retreat this summer for 10 days and im extremely excited for that, im not dreading it whatsoever. im also excited to read books. if it doesnt feel right for you dont do it, follow your bliss, that way you will get to the high level stuff naturally.

@Paulus Amadeus 

wait till you're on the actual retreat, see how you feel then ;). 

I am excited for the suffering ill experience during it :)

@Hansu fortunately I got exposed to self-help a few months back and yes I recently turned 15 B|

On 7/21/2018 at 2:58 AM, Xin said:

> what would be the best use of time in these 6 weeks ?

> for next year should i focus on money and setting up businesses so i dont struggle financially or my life purpose (or another alternative) ?

> how can i balance homework , revision , life purpose , meditation ,business , social skills ... etc?

You need to follow your intuition. 

If you are feeling exhausted with everything, make a set schedule. Meditation for ___ minutes, focus on your business for ___ hours, socialize for ___ hours etc. etc. and write it all down. 

But learn how to listen to your intuition. Your intuition has always been there to guide you, it has just been drowned out by your parents, teachers, friends and the media.