Ingit

Meditation Nervousness

27 posts in this topic

Its over 15 days and the last 2 days IM feeling very nervous observing my thoughts... They feel like real to me therefore I get sad after completing Meditation.... :(

?IngitScooby ?

Can you rephrase your problem? 

Edited by molosku

2 hours ago, Ingit said:

They feel like real to me therefore I get sad after completing Meditation.... :(

If you don´t escape, if you allow the suffering to be there, if you are ready to face it, if you are not trying somehow to forget it, then you are different. When you allow it to happen, you don´t escape, you don´t run, you are not in a panic, suddenly you become aware that suffering is there on the periphery as if happening to someone else, not to you, and you are looking at it. 

@molosku during meditation I become worried about my negative thoughts and keep worrying about them

?IngitScooby ?

6 minutes ago, Ingit said:

@molosku during meditation I become worried about my negative thoughts and keep worrying about them

Just STOP! :D That is a made up problem that you are clinging to. Let your thoughts do what ever they want. Don't idealize your thought process, you have zero control over it. What you have is thoughts about thoughts, so you only have some silly thoughts you are too concerned about. There is no reality to your problem.

Edited by molosku

@molosku during day time I keep thinking why is it hard why do  I stick to negative thoughts, I keep doubting about my moving forward in Life....even though IM aware that my thinking pattern is wrong!!!

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit You don't have to do anything. Be mindful of your thought process during the day and when you notice a negative though loop, just simply drop it. Keep in mind that your thought problems and worries don't hold any substance. Im not saying you should ignore your life, Im saying don't take your thoughts so seriously. You would not say "This and that is wrong with your life, you should really reconsider your life, you are not doing your best... etc" to your friend, but internally you say it to yourself. Why? It's just insanity that we all do to some extent :D I can't even keep track of how many times I have recommended Eckhart Tolle's power of now here... But yeah I'm doing it again. Read it. Best book on thoughts and how to deal with them I have ever read, and doubt I will ever read. 

@molosku does my Mind tricks me,,,,???? Even though one point in a Day I assure myself that these are thoughts that are causing suffering and aafter sometime My mind immediately comes up with a thought questioning what if they are real, so I get confused,,, WHY IS IT SO and how to defend that?   THANKS MOLOSKU

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit I can't really help you further, you must see the reality of your mind for yourself. Watch all Leos enlightenment related videos and start a serious spiritual practise.

4 hours ago, Ingit said:

IM feeling very nervous observing my thoughts

Observe the nervousness just like how you observe your thoughts. And if fear arises, observe that. And if thoughts arise about how to observe, observe that. That is known as "surrendering in awareness meditation". I would reccommend choosing another technique for you on here (one of the first 3) because they are much easier to master: https://channelhigherself.com/blog/types-of-higher-self-meditation-practices/

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Solace thank You I would practise the first method that would be easier focusing on breath.... so what about the meditation stages leo told From stage 1 to stage 4.... How much time do I need to practise the breathing meditation so that I can move to Leo’s meditation of second stage.

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit

Sit comfortably and quietly, still your mind, and become aware of direct experience.

Try to think of another person, such as a loved one, parent, child, or spouse.

Make sure that the person you're thinking of isn't in the room with you.

Now, notice what they actually are: they are a thought!

Notice that what that person literally is, is an image arising in your mind. Nothing more.

Notice that you've never actually directly experienced anything other than your direct experience.

Become deeply conscious that other people do not exist.

Become so deeply conscious of this, that you feel alone in the universe.

There is no one here but you. You are all that's ever existed and will ever exist.

You are completely alone. You imagine others to make yourself feel connected.

When you see your loved ones face-to-face, you are STILL ALONE! That's you looking at your own direct experience. Nothing more.

@Ingit You can practice it forever. The breathe is your liberator, to I know yourself, and just be yourself.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Rinne I constantly think like “Why do bad things happen to me” And “I dont think I’m in my real life, My real life was not so stressful” and also think sometimes negative and doubt myself why would that happen..... i cant believe why would that happen

?IngitScooby ?

@SoonHei yes The do nothing meditation and the thoughts coming into my awareness

Edited by Ingit

?IngitScooby ?

@Leo Gura

i have a question to you and all in general about this one

there's a video Leo made about doing the DO NOTHING meditation

20 mins a day, everyday - for the rest of your life

he said you should start seeing results maybe in a month-3 months time... like very basic subtle changes but then it grows exponentially

does this also work for someone who is starting off with the DO NOTHING meditation, without having done much of the other ones?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei I know Im thinking them but I don’t know why I stick with them and take them seriously..

?IngitScooby ?

1 minute ago, Ingit said:

@SoonHei I know Im thinking them but I don’t know why I stick with them and take them seriously..

i know what you mean

the reason why we take them seriously is because they ARE serious... to us... in our current state of awareness.

for example, i may have thoughts just like you about a real life situation which i am having or something i have shunned away. that arises in the awareness during meditation and we can't help but to give it weight and attention because it concerns us and we relate to it

i suppose it takes a while to be able to discern the thoughts as objects and then dis-attachment follows gradually

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

We are not our thoughts, Saying I am my thoughts is like saying I am the sounds I hear.  To explain this I came up with qoute that says: “What our brain (thoughts) is, is a biological computer that is explaining reality to Itself trough communication of senses like hearing, vision, touch etc.” Might sound bit “crazy”, but the thing is you are not you thoughts, you are not the voice in your head. Do you think "you" think? Look at this. "Super expensive super car". What just happened? I am pretty sure, you had image of some kinda car in your mind. What this tells? You did not choose this image It just poped up. Your brain, using sense - vision, red this and then using thoughts saved in "memory" (which is also gathered trough your life time using different senses) It showed you this image in order to make sense of what It experienced. That is how every thought works, It's just infinite loop of explaining what It experiences using information It ha gathered.

Whenever you notice that voice, you will realize that you are not the voice, but the one who is aware of it.

In fact, you are the awareness that is aware of the voice.

The voice in the head has a life of its own. You just listen, you are never the one thinking as 99% believe.

And this is the biggest secret why some people are living truly happy and reaching all their goals and some can not find their peace. The difference is that first type of people have understood that they are not their thoughts by that way reducing the influence they have on them.