Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paulus Amadeus

goldmine of interviews with enlightened people

9 posts in this topic

Thought I would share this with you guys. There is this amazing youtube chanel called 'Buddha at the gaspump'. It will really give you a lot of insight into the world of enlightened people. This is an example of an interview I absolutely loved:

@Paulus Amadeus most of the people he interviews are not enlightened. Not even close. Granted he does interview some highly awakened people. But very few of them.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Not all, but also not all of them claim to be enlightened. I feel a good portion of them are though. But yeah, there is obviously no way to really know for sure. 

52 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Paulus Amadeus most of the people he interviews are not enlightened. Not even close. Granted he does interview some highly awakened people. But very few of them.

How can you tell? And do you have examples? :) 

@cirkussmile watch the interviews! A lot of them haven’t even had an enlightenment experience. Let alone being enlightened and embodying enlightenment. The only enlightened people that he interviewed in his long career include Rupert Spira, Mooji, Shinzen Young, Francis Lucille, Fred Davis, Tony Parsons, Adyashanti, Daniel Ingram and Ken Wilber. There are a few others but their names escape me. You can say that around 50 of his interviews are with enlightened people. The rest are with people who had instant glimpses, women who claim they are working towards enlightenment (they’re not), and scientists who only study enlightened people.

But then again, when you look at the number of videos he has, this should be obvious. Do you expect there to be over 400 highly enlightened people around. Not even close.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

34 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@cirkussmile watch the interviews! A lot of them haven’t even had an enlightenment experience. Let alone being enlightened and embodying enlightenment. The only enlightened people that he interviewed in his long career include Rupert Spira, Mooji, Shinzen Young, Francis Lucille, Fred Davis, Tony Parsons, Adyashanti, Daniel Ingram and Ken Wilber. There are a few others but their names escape me. You can say that around 50 of his interviews are with enlightened people. The rest are with people who had instant glimpses, women who claim they are working towards enlightenment (they’re not), and scientists who only study enlightened people.

But then again, when you look at the number of videos he has, this should be obvious. Do you expect there to be over 400 highly enlightened people around. Not even close.

Thanks for input! People with glimpses doesn’t count, I agree

But do you really think 400 is a high number of enlightened people world wide?

@cirkussmile he doesn’t interview people worldwide. Most of the people he interviews are in North America.

Hmmm yeah you are probably right. I've actually listened mostly to the interviews of the people you just listed. Thought those were super valuable though. And there are definitely a few more he's interviewed that are not in your list.

i think the only promising woman in his interviews regarding enlightenment is lisa cairns. but i agree most of the interviews conceptualize too much and blabber.