crushangel

Self-actualization best practices?

8 posts in this topic

Hi Leo and everyone

I have been watching a lot of your videos on you tube over the last week and I have made a commitment to improve myself.

I have been very ill with chronic fatigue syndrome the last 3 years and 9 months. I had a steroid shot for allergies which induced an immune response to epstein barr virus which caused my cfs. My dr did not tell me it was a steroid and told me there would be no side effects. I would not of agreed to have a steroid because I know how damaging they can be. I think in part that my thinking and victim mentality is keeping me stuck and unable to move forward. I want to know what would be the most powerful practices to move myself forward quickly?  I have started doing meditation, visualisations and affirmations. I am on a plant based diet. Exercise is currently very difficult for me and I can only manage a small amount. Is there anything else that might help me to move forward? I am currently unable to work and although I do have a few commitments I do have the time at the moment to put into self actualization work.

I am so pleased I found your videos on youtube. I feel more passionate about life the last few days than I have in a long time.

Thank you Leo <3

Edited by crushangel
typo

Anything that brings more love and oneness into your life. The journey is different for everyone because we all have a unique personality, and varying karmic lessons to learn and clear.

Meditation morning and night is one of the most important practices for everyone, it is the only practice that will take you all the way to enlightenment. Just know that 90% of people are not meditating correctly, and so here is a wonderful article on 4 different techniques to choose from: https://channelhigherself.com/blog/types-of-higher-self-meditation-practices/

I personally do the spiritual heart meditation whereby I focus on the rising and falling of my chest, and the feeling of air (which I think of as love) filling my lungs. This leads to such deep experiences of relaxation that I almost always fall into a deep sleep and wake up hours later (which is a beautiful sign of progress as meditation should be deeply relaxing, and full of an overwhelming feeling of love). I then keep focusing on my chest for the whole day because it keeps me identified, and acting from, my higher self which is infinitely intelligent, and infinitely loving; instead of my ego which only acts from fear. The hearts love will release all of your deepest subconscious beliefs in separation that keep you suffering in this life, and which cause all kinds of "negative" fear-based emotions to arise such as jealousy, shame, guilt, anger, hate and frustration. All of this the heart will heal. Why? Well the heart is the original place where our higher self enters this human body; and as we identify with this higher self rather than our thoughts and emotions, we take on it's divine qualities of love, and anything other than love inside ourselves, or external to us, will reflect back to us this love. This is the basic universal law of vibration.

As another practice to cultivate love, do whatever in each moment brings you the greatest joy/excitement. If you are like me and do not know what excites you, then the above practice is all you need.

This is the foundation of all other practices, but they are not necessary at all to achieve enlightenment, only what I've written above is necessary. 

Diet is more important than exercise so focus there first. Eat not what health books tell you to eat, but what makes you personally feel light, and energetic which will mostly be in the category of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. A great tip is to buy most if not all of your weekly grocery's from your local farmers market and preferably close to organic. You'll love it. The reason why refining your diet can be helpful is that is helps with your concentration abilities when you are just starting. Meat, dairy, GMO, and processed foods (which is anything with an ingredient list) has an electromagnetic field frequency of 0 MHz which means it will promote disease in your body, and not give you any additional energy even if it looks "healthy". Thus I would reduce these considerably for long term health and longevity; as well as immediate boosts in energy and concentration.

Namaste. And remember what we focus on we become, so choose love. Any genuine spiritual teaching will always be based on love.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Take your pick, what works for one won't work for other and vise versa ?

Kriya yoga is a powerful practice but it will take time for you to feel results. psychedelics seem like a promising and fast acting tool. Yoga is probably the best long term thing you can do for your health. 

@Solace

Thanks for the link. Those meditation techniques are explained beautifully :)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Thank you Slade. I will look into kriya yoga. Psychedelics sound interesting but I have no idea where I would get them.

Thank you Charlotte. I have not watched this video yet. 

Thank you for your long and informative response Slade. I am already on a plant based diet. Unfortunately it's hard for me to do an all organic diet at this time but I do include some organic foods. Being on a plant based diet has not improved my health so I am looking at incorporating other practices as well. I am looking forward to trying the meditations in the link. Thank you so much <3