Cesar Alba

Enlightenment question

3 posts in this topic

I think I’m having some problems with experiencing non duality at the moment of living life.

Its hard for me trying to achieve things knowing that at the end nothing that I do really matters.

maybe because all this time I was doing this “things” for others or for my ego.

how can you consistently pursue a goal that at the end will kill you, the idea of you, how do you convince that drunk monkey to work with you in this journey that ultimately will take control?

The real ego, the I, cannot die. But the ego created by the mind can die, the idea of you can die, so can the mind itself. There is a mask or veil in all human beings which stops them from discovering truth, you can call this veil the ego. Once this veil is removed, this ego-mind is removed, your indivdual consciousness will be able to see the the Ultimate, the Apsolute. That itself is reason enough to pursue the goal of spirituality, a path which will show you that higher powers and intelligence exists, that you are an immortal multidimensional being. :)

Edited by Highest

47 minutes ago, Cesar Alba said:

>>>>>>I think I’m having some problems with experiencing non duality at the moment of living life.<<<<<<<

The only people that might truly effectively do this are yogis living in a cave somewhere in the Himalayas, and perhaps not even them. "Experiencing" is an engagement of the emotional reality, and this duality is one of pain and pleasure, and this physical/emotional duality, namely the avoidance of pain, is easily the most influential factor upon the mind.   

>>>>>>Its hard for me trying to achieve things knowing that at the end nothing that I do really matters.<<<<<<<

The idea of "Equal poised" in scripture has to do with out attachment to "results" In school you learned every action has an equal and opposite reaction, so does this law disappear when we get into the more complex actions of human interaction, no. People get lost in their own mind game as they play a shell game of "values" in their minds. Writing "stories" about their lives the repeat to themselves in their brains. And by playing with and manipulating "values", they can tilt a story in their own favor every time. So in their pursuit of self goodness, they minimize their faults and exaggerate others, and maximize their goodness while neglecting others. 

Now imagine all your actions have a good result, and a negative one, one result might make an immediate appearance but the other is hidden for a time. Knowing this then, you stop seeking goodness, you know that every action you perform has the capacity for good or evil. At this point then, unattached to results, you simply actualize who you are, just be you and no one else. Like a seed becoming a flower, it simply grows. 

And this is not an "achievement", it is like a medical practice, in life we practice this when means we might have to police ourselves often as we try to focus on the results instead of the expressing. 

>>>>>>>>>>maybe because all this time I was doing this “things” for others or for my ego.<<<<<<<<

We always do things for ourselves, even when we help others. You can only live your life.

>>>>>>>how can you consistently pursue a goal that at the end will kill you, the idea of you, how do you convince that drunk monkey to work with you in this journey that ultimately will take control?<<<<<<<

I'm not sure I fully understand this context, but I am a musician, and a poet, sometimes I hate it, but it has never been my choice. 

"""""""What am I

What am I and who are we
Budding blooms or paltry weeds
Majestic oaks or meager seeds
Gallows bound or wedded free""""""