Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
molosku

Need suggestions for questions to ask from Rubert Spira

2 posts in this topic

I'm participating in a "weekend with Rubert Spira" with my lovely companion in Amsterdam in September. I want to make good use of my time there by listening closely to other peoples questions and Rubert's answers, but I also want to ask one solid question that covers some ground on the topic of non-duality that has not been really answered in his books or youtube videos. So none of these i consider good questions:

• how to self-inquire
  • how to meditate
  • how to yoga (not his expertice I believe)
  • what is enlightenment
  • how to get enlightened
  • what am I
  • what is reality
  • how come I'm not enlightened
  • "I have this problem..."

One questions I have considered, rough outlines of the questions:

"What is identification? It seems like identification is both active and passive in the sense that thought (that is perceived to be oneself) enforce the false self by defining itself (I am a man, my name is this, I am a human). It's also somehow passive, as if it was only passive, everyone would get enlightened the instant they did not actively define themselves. I'm going trough my life perceiving (the seeming) objects of the world to be separate from me. Does my passive/active idea have any truth to it or am I confused?"

I'm really trying to avoid the situation where I ask a question for which I know his teaching already. It's a bit though to come up with good ones so, recommendations are welcome :P

I would just go there and take it all in and only ask a question if in that moment you are motivated to.