Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blazed

The cinema screen anology with specific point of view.

1 post in this topic

Expanding on the what Ramana Maharshi said about reality being like a Cinema Screen, you being the screen itself but mistakenly identifying with what's being displayed on the screen instead.

But you see with most movies what's being portrayed wouldn't make sense to us from an egotistical point of view, because it's jumping from scene to scene from character to character, the camera is hanging from empty spaces, for the illusion to work you must have consistency.

You must be one camera man with a consistent PoV.

Now watch the below clip in full screen and keep these things in mind:

• The screen fully encapsulates your entire field of view, it’s like better than VR goggles. (it’s not just your monitor screen)

• Due to the limitation of our technology we can only use sight and sound, but imagine you can also feel, taste, smell, and see what this character is thinking.

• Your true nature, consciousness (the knower, or witness, the thing that makes experiences "known") does not have an ego, right now you're an ego watching an actor's ego, whilst if you were pure consciousness you could only identify with the actor’s ego.

So one of the questions we get stuck on is why this particular PoV? why not another PoV?

Truth is if reality is infinite you will experience all the PoV's of the characters in this movie, including the beast's, but also everything else within infinity.

Then if you contemplate your death, where the ego structure and the brain will die, and the memories will fade, you will understand there is nothing that will keep evidence of what happened, meaning after death it's like none of this happened, there was never a you, nothing was ever experienced, the same way you have no pass recollection of any other lives perviously to this one.

PS. I think this clip is good at pulling the watchers attention into the thrill. Got to love that ending too with the ego saying:

"OH GOD, OH MY GOD, PLEASE GOD, PLEASE GOD, JESUS CHRIST, I'M SORRY, I'M SO SORRY, PLEASE GOD". As death approaches, So fitting :D

Edited by blazed