Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cudin

Spiral Dynamics and Music

27 posts in this topic

@Cudin Haha. 

Eeeerrmmmmm, about Megadeth, I put it there from a raw perspective I think they had about the BLUE world they were in.

Yea I totally think Mustaine is blue / orange. Blue from his principles and orange cuz he created his individual world with Megadeth, sort of xD

And when I saw @SFRL awesome post of nuances from Nirvana I thought of making a Pink Floyd post. :D

Btw, I think of Pink Floyd is a really reeaaaaallly masterful green. Most of their songs are reflections of the other colors from their Greeny perspective.

Like RED "Goodbye Blue Sky"

Yellow "Shine on, you crazy diamond" and so on

What are your thoughts on this ? ^_^

// And like Corpsegrinder said in a concert : "Keep fucking supporting metal! Hammmmeeeeeer smaaaaaaashed faaaace" xDxDxD 

Edited by Xenomorf
spelling error

Tupac edition:

Red:

Red/Blue -

Blue -

Blue/Orane -

Orange -

Orange/Green - 

Green -

Green/Yellow -

Yellow -

As a musician I feel a lot of Green/Yellow/turquise is cringy because it's either:

-lyrics which represents values on the spiral, not the actual sounding music AND

-as a contemporary composer, the musical understanding of many "turquise/yellow"-examples are very low, for example ambient, space sounds which sounds like meditation soundtrack. It's easy to do, and feel as a parody. None of these musical examples I'd have under yellow or turquoise

2 hours ago, art said:

As a musician I feel a lot of Green/Yellow/turquise is cringy because it's either:

-lyrics which represents values on the spiral, not the actual sounding music AND

-as a contemporary composer, the musical understanding of many "turquise/yellow"-examples are very low, for example ambient, space sounds which sounds like meditation soundtrack. It's easy to do, and feel as a parody. None of these musical examples I'd have under yellow or turquoise

Well I totally get what you're saying, but why don't you give it a shot? We're all open and curious

What the hell why not, I'll wing it and give it a shot. :P

For Beige I suppose the entire "glam rock" hairspray scene and poster boy bands. Perhaps Disney pop singers as well.

Red-

AC/DC-TNT

That One Hit Wonder "Cherry Pie" by Warrant?O.o

Blue/Orange-

"Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend"

Many Boomer music and repetitive negative/shallow lyrical content in some Southern rock caucasian blues bands.

Green-

^This one was a tricky one..after all, they are Living Colour

"California Dreaming"-Mamas & Papas, "San Francisco"(Scott McKenzie), Going To California (Led Zeppelin)

Green/Yellow-

Yellow/Turquoise-

Björk! ?

Music quote.jpg

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@SFRL Your Nirvana collection there had me geeeeeking ?

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

SOLID YELLOW.

She made the role of an "alien" learning how to be a human. The soundtrack gives me goosebumps.

Listen on Spotify: Under The Skin (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) By Mica Levi

Melodysheep (they make remix with scientific documentary clips, etc):

Turquoise:

I know if I put it into Turquoise or Blue (It's more Turquoise to me, if you compare it to modern "Gospel" songs which is basically pop/country-sounding with blue lyrics):

They sound Turquoise to me:

Coral:

(I know, that's already a sort of joke, but when we build computer-brain interfaces this will be such a pun):

Edited by Lucasxp64
Concise writing. Added trailer. Added even more examples.