Hamilcar

Paranormal abilities

25 posts in this topic

So , I heard leo talks about paranormal abilities , and that they exist in real life.
I have done several astral projections myself , but I don't really consider that "paranormal" , it was more like going in a dream directly from the waking state .
But still , for the other kinds of "paranormal abilities" , is there any proof of their existence ?
I know that , for centuries , mankind has recorded these events , and writen about it...
But here again , how can we be sure , this isn't some fairy tails...
That maybe people who wrote about that just ... wanted them to exist ?
I am not really convinced about the argument that "someone who has these abilities tends to stay humble", and today , each time someone claimed having some of these abilities, we always find out it was a scam.
So how do we know really for sure that these abilities exist , considering the fact that we don't even have a single valid proof.

1 hour ago, Hamilcar said:

So , I heard leo talks about paranormal abilities , and that they exist in real life.
I have done several astral projections myself , but I don't really consider that "paranormal" , it was more like going in a dream directly from the waking state .
But still , for the other kinds of "paranormal abilities" , is there any proof of their existence ?
I know that , for centuries , mankind has recorded these events , and writen about it...
But here again , how can we be sure , this isn't some fairy tails...
That maybe people who wrote about that just ... wanted them to exist ?
I am not really convinced about the argument that "someone who has these abilities tends to stay humble", and today , each time someone claimed having some of these abilities, we always find out it was a scam.
So how do we know really for sure that these abilities exist , considering the fact that we don't even have a single valid proof.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Hamilcar "the fact that there is no single valid proof?"  Lol, there are so many proofs out there even in science you must be totally blind not to find them

And let me tell you first hand experience, If you ever encounter a  real paranormal experience, most time your first reaction will be to deny this experience.  The egos world view will be deeply shattered by this and it will find any silly explanation that this paranormal stuff never happened.  You will forget very quickly and go on with life as nothing happened. 

So most people with paranormal experience dont want them to exist at all. At least that is my experience with these people, they even dont tell anyone. And go deper with astral projection, that is not just some funny dream stuff. I had so many paranormal phenomena experienced I needed a break from going astral to work through these stuff. I even had a full blown ego death experience on one of them. At the end, there is no difference between astral world and this world, its just another dream in consciousness

The hard scientific statistical data for paranormal phenomena is beyond doubt. The problem is, no materialist wants to take it seriously, so the data falls on deaf ears.

The bottleneck isn't lack of evidence, it's lack of openmindedness.

The truth is too uncomfortable for materialist to stomach, as it would spell doom for materialism. So they just stick their head in the sand. Just like religious folks do about evolution. Same old game replayed in new ways. Nothing original or surprising about it. This is paradigm lock.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The hard scientific statistical data for paranormal phenomena is beyond doubt. The problem is, no materialist wants to take it seriously, so the data falls on deaf ears.

The bottleneck isn't lack of evidence, it's lack of openmindedness.

The truth is too uncomfortable for materialist to stomach, as it would spell doom for materialism. So they just stick their head in the sand. Just like religious folks do about evolution. Same old game replayed in new ways. Nothing original or surprising about it. This is paradigm lock.

I guess you would call me a materialist.  I'm not exactly sure what that even means, but it's fair to say that I see reality very similarly to Sam Harris.  I don't agree with him on everything, but if having a similar world view puts me in that camp, I will accept the materialist label.

I'm openminded to paranormal phenomena though.   I've seen pretty good statistical evidence to support ESP.   I haven't really seen any good evidence to support demonstrable controlled ESP though.   I'm a skeptic at heart, but I could be convinced. 

Videos and hearsay don't really do it for me.   I've seen Penn and Teller do some remarkable stuff.   I don't think there was anything paranormal going on there though.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" -Carl Sagan

@ChadT The distinction of ordinary vs extraordinary, normal vs paranormal is purely relative.

Xrays, airplanes, electromagnetism, computers, radiation, wireless communication -- all of this would have been considered paranormal 500 years ago. You materialists are blind to how your mind is shifting the goal posts and taking reality for granted.

The distinction between natural and supernatural phenomena is a fiction your own mind constructed. Everything is supernatural.

The statistical evidence of ESP is extraordinary in its volume.

If you're quoting Carl Sagan or Sam Harris, you really haven't seriously investigated the epistemic and metaphysical foundations of the science and rationalism which you believe in so blindly. You're doing religion 2.0.

Rationality in the hands of a fool is a dangerous thing.

@ChadT The more real a video game appears, especially w virtual reality goggles & headphones, the better it is, right?   Well look around you right now. That’s literally what you’re doing, and you’re doing it so well, you actually believe you’re the Chad in it, and Uber convinced it & the Chad are real. Who could blame you. It’s perfectly convincing, perfectly consistently ‘material’. If you’re feelin open minded to “paranormal”, maybe try reiki, visit a few mediums & psychics, try some psychedelics. 

8CE29B56-6880-4163-90FB-922ED8160069.gif

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Rationality in the hands of a fool is a dangerous thing.

Seems a bit harsh.   Anything in the hands of a fool is probably a dangerous thing...  no?   ;)

Airplanes and computers did not exist 500 years ago.   It took mankind understanding our natural world and learning how to manipulate it, in order to create those things.

I am perfectly willing to admit that there are forces at work that I do not understand.   I don't think science has all the answers. 

I agree the evidence supporting ESP is extraordinary.    I even said so.   What about levitation though?  

Sure, there may be witches flying around on broom sticks, ghosts, vampires, unicorns, levitating monks, people who can predict the future, teleport, live to 1000 years old.  If those things do exists however, It seems to me they must be extremely rare and hard to prove, or we wouldn't even be having this conversation. 

You appear convinced that many paranormal phenomena exist.   I would love to see your evidence.  I sincerely mean that.   You have always struck me as a sincere, intelligent person.  That's why I follow you.   I would really like to see some of the evidence that convinced you.  Perhaps a future video?

@ChadT Sorry, I don't play those rationalist games.

I will prove the paranormal to you after you first prove to me that you exist.

You want paranormal?

Snort 30mg of 5-MeO-DMT. Put your nose where your mouth is. Then you don't even need to listen to me any more.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@ChadT Sorry, I don't play those rationalist games.

I will prove the paranormal to you after you first prove to me that you exist.

You want paranormal?

Snort 30mg of 5-MeO-DMT. Put your nose where your mouth is. Then you don't even need to listen to me any more.

I wasn't really asking for you to prove anything to me.  I was curious to see some compelling evidence and decide for myself.   

I'd be happy to give you some evidence that I exist.

DMT?  That's a whole other issue.  I'm 9 years sober.   Open to the idea, but not sure how I feel about that effecting my sobriety. 

57 minutes ago, ChadT said:

I'd be happy to give you some evidence that I exist.

You are as imaginary as the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Has it sunk in yet that science has never proven the existence of a self, or of an external reality, or of boundaries between objects?

Why do you believe your life is worth saving? Why not kill yourself? After all, scientifically, there's nothing important about your life at all and no reason why you should work to preserve it. It's rather unreasonable of you to value your life over any other life. Scientifically, there's no more value in life than in death. So why do you behave so unscientifically every day?

Give that some thought.

2 hours ago, ChadT said:

people who can predict the future

@Prabhaker Thanks for the post.  These are the kind of stories that make me open to this type of thing. 

@Nahm lol   I was wondering what the Weird Science gif was for...

Wasn't the brothers name Chet?   "The Chad" most people reference, is based on a Tom Green character from Charlie's Angels I think.  Never seen the movie though.   I've been called "The Chad" a time or two.  ;)

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Why not kill yourself?

I would be careful to use this rhetoric. It's valid, but it's sooooooo easily misinterpreted, especially by people who post threads like this:

That guy doesn't seem suicidal, but there is a history of suicidal posters on this forum. Let's all die before we die in a safe manner.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Why do you believe your life is worth saving? Why not kill yourself? After all, scientifically, there's nothing important about your life at all and no reason why you should work to preserve it. It's rather unreasonable of you to value your life over any other life. Scientifically, there's no more value in life than in death. So why do you behave so unscientifically every day?

Just curious. Don't non duality / non materialist world views run into the same question? 

For the ignorant materialist, paranormal abilities are seen as simply unreal, superstition. For the Seer who have seen the glory of reality, paranormal abilities is child's play, nothing at all. Just a child playing games with reality, as reality.

23 hours ago, Hamilcar said:

real power literally comes from infinite intelligence, power is literally intelligent love

so if we're talking about real psychic abilities with serious power over reality we're talking about a buddha level of consciousness that goes with it

so yes anyone that has access to real power has the wisdom that goes with it and is tuned to the universe and the harmony of the purpose of all the souls in this collective experience

so no kid with an ego will get superman level of powers to only go around and make the world his playground

while you have an ego, meaning you believe that you are not in constant telepathy with everyone, and that we're all here go evolve together in harmony and synchronicity, if you believe you're a separate being standing on a planet, you'll have no incredibly huge power on the level of paranormal abilities, many do have subtle abilities and I believe we all do to some degree

the very purpose of power is not to attain it, power is a tool to help each other, power is for those beings who will make use it for the sake of everyone, to share it with everyone,the more power is shared, the more others evolve, which makes you evolve, which makes them evolve, which makes you evolve, which makes them evolve...

see? power is literally love

its a collective evolution in an upwards spiral

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!