Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saint_charming7

First Out-of-body-Experience

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. What's up?!

I just had my first Out-of-body-experience today while practicing my daily morning meditation. It was kinda weird and scary because it was completely spontaneous and not intentional at all. I felt like watching myself in third-party view (like floating in air or something) and not feeling my body for some micro-moments, and it actually scared the sh*t out of me, because sometimes I had to "return" to my physical body to breathe.  I know it sounds pretty fantastical and dreamy, but I was really surprised...I've been practicing meditation for four years now, and I never felt something like this before.  I would like to ask y'all for some suggestions, on some credible sources to research on this topic, I was really curious to understand what the heck was going on with me at that moment. If it was an enlightenment experience or just a misunderstanding or something like that. Thanks in advance!

@saint_charming7 Did you see the reply I left an hour ago on the topic "Spiritual growth makes unhappy"? Yea it's a freaky feeling to become separate from the body location. When it first happened to me it was spontaneous. I never seen it coming and was completely unexpected. I couldn't find much information on it when I researched it. But I know that feeling of "What was that???" "What just happened?"

I have had outer body experience when I get really really fucking angry. 

Also during very extreme physical exercise there can be a split between the mind and and the body. 

Edited by SFRL

@cetus56 Exactly, we had the same feeling (or something similar)...I'm glad we can relate on this. I haven't seen your reply yet, I'm returning to the forum after some time away. I will definitely check out soon!

@Nahm Yeah, for a micro-moment I could feel that everything is an illusion, gradually (if I have more similar episodes) I'm really interested in exploring homeostasis. It was funny actually, because after my meditation alarm rang, and I opened my eyes. My body was immobilized and my mind was completely blank for a couple of seconds.

@SFRL I feel sometimes something similar after an intense workout followed by a meditation session...But, this time it was much more spiritual like my body was just an "image" or "astral-projection" or something like that. It is really hard to explain with words what I felt...

@Salvijus I learned a couple of years ago the Zen method (been training with it the past years) but I can say nowadays I'm implementing my own style (mixing with some breathing techniques and visualizations of Swásthya Yoga, for example, but the foundation still rooted in zen).

Edited by saint_charming7