brugluiz

Is activism really worthless?

13 posts in this topic

I heard Leo saying that Green people get frustrated with activism and become Yellow. I think David Deida talks something about it as well (I read something similar in his book, Bluetruth).

My question is: "is activism worthless?"

I ask that because I want to see change in the world and I started a blog about the bad things conventional psychiatry does to people who are diagnosed with mental disorder. But I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to stick with it.

There are some few people who read my stuff, but how to be more effective? It's not my Life Purpose, but it's a cause that still matters.

Metaphysically everything is, at the same time is very important in order to raise consciousness around the world. . . Gotta love nondualism eh? 

4 minutes ago, Leo-Tzu said:

Metaphysically everything is, at the same time is very important in order to raise consciousness around the world. . . Gotta love nondualism eh? 

I still can't fully grasp non-duality, but maybe I experienced it during my psychosis.

27 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

@brugluiz Yellow will still be activists. The difference is it will be mature activism that takes into account all of the milestones of human development rather than just what green wants to happen. Green is basically trying to rule the roost because it's still a 1st tier values system and it can't yet take into account anything else because it doesn't see anything else. That's just my observation. I don't study this model but I can grasp it easily enough because it's more or less very accurate

Maybe if I studied how to be a Spiral Wizard I can create a more mature activism. Thanks to the spiral dynamics knowledge, I'm not trying the pour down the truth to people (even because I don't know the entire truth). I know that I shouldn't talk to a Blue person the same way I talk to an Orange person.

Do you guys know any book about how to be a Spiral Wizard?

8 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

@brugluiz blue and orange people? I've been thinking a bit about that and I don't think it's that simple. It's easier to spot values and thought stories expressed as one of the colours, but to type a person is probably not a good idea in a serious context. It's handy for a personal development discussion with others who know what we're talking about. That's as far as I take it

I didn't get what you mean @Etagnwo. If Blue people have different values of Orange people, shouldn't we talk in a different manner with them? Or is it possible to deliver a universal message to them?

@brugluiz It is important that everyone expresses and acts, otherwise we would not evolve. It sounds like what you are doing (blogging about the bad things conventional psychiatry does) is consciousness raising. Well done.

Have you read "Dispelling Wetiko" by Paul Levy? It is about his experience as a psychiatric patient and he is very scathing about current psychiatry. He also has videos on YouTube.

Edited by dorg

@brugluiz Nothing in reality is useless. If it exists, it serves some part in the whole.

Just don't get carried away with your activism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, dorg said:

@brugluiz It is important that everyone expresses and acts, otherwise we would not evolve. It sounds like what you are doing (blogging about the bad things conventional psychiatry does) is consciousness raising. Well done.

Have you read "Dispelling Wetiko" by Paul Levy? It is about his experience as a psychiatric patient and he is very scathing about current psychiatry. He also has videos on YouTube.

Thank you, @dorg! I took a look at Paul Levy's videos on YouTube but what he talks seems to be a bit complex (at least for me). He says we're living a kind of a dream. It's probably true but I don't have enough experiences to grasp it fully. Maybe when I do psychedelics I will understand it better.

3 hours ago, brugluiz said:

I heard Leo saying that Green people get frustrated with activism and become Yellow. I think David Deida talks something about it as well (I read something similar in his book, Bluetruth).

My question is: "is activism worthless?"

I ask that because I want to see change in the world and I started a blog about the bad things conventional psychiatry does to people who are diagnosed with mental disorder. But I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to stick with it.

There are some few people who read my stuff, but how to be more effective? It's not my Life Purpose, but it's a cause that still matters.

Activism is useful for advancing society. It is part of what makes us move up on the spiral as a whole species. That said, activism has its limits and can often lead to unintended consequences. But even those unintended consequences are a valid aspect of human evolution. It's how the whole system unfolds. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@brugluiz Nothing in reality is useless. If it exists, it serves some part in the whole.

Just don't get carried away with your activism.

Hey, @Leo Gura! Thank you very much!

I think it's exciting to work on this activism but I want to do it in a mature way.

Your work and videos are helping me a lot. Thank you again!

53 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

@brugluiz blue and orange people? I've been thinking a bit about that and I don't think it's that simple. It's easier to spot values and thought stories expressed as one of the colours, but to type a person is probably not a good idea in a serious context. It's handy for a personal development discussion with others who know what we're talking about. That's as far as I take it

IME, most everyone has a predominant world view and unless you take that into account when you are conversing you will not communicate. Additionally you may get 'crucified' as was Jesus' experience.

Edited by dorg

@Etagnwo Usually a few words from someone shows 'where they are coming from'. Like using words like "manipulative asshole" for instance.

it Isn’t useless. You need activism to transcend activism.

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel