Shanmugam

The Cult of Sadhguru and Isha Foundation

116 posts in this topic

@Shanmugam

I read your ''journey of a seeker'' post before. Today I read the link you've just posted once again. Thank you for sharing it. This testifies that a complete transformation is possible no matter where you are at life. I could relate to a lot of things from your early years. Most of my school and college years was like a farm house to produce fear and neurosis in me.

And thanks for your contribution in your blog. I love your no nonsense non-duality approach. Cleared a lot of things and myths I was confused about for years.

The people who are hating you right now, don't get surprised when the day comes when some of these folks actually wake up and mention you and your blog and how much it has helped them. Take care :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

@Shanmugam

I read your ''journey of a seeker'' post before. Today I read the link you've just posted once again. Thank you for sharing it. This testifies that a complete transformation is possible no matter where you are at life. I could relate to a lot of things from your early years. Most of my school and college years was like a farm house to produce fear and neurosis in me.

And thanks for your contribution in your blog. I love your no nonsense non-duality approach. Cleared a lot of things and myths I was confused about for years.

The people who are hating you right now, don't get surprised when the day comes when some of these folks actually wake up and mention you and your blog and how much it has helped them. Take care :D

Thank you..:) Happy to hear all that and glad to know it has been helpful. Yes, a lot of misunderstanding is possible when it comes to the spiritual path. So it is natural for many people to disagree in the beginning and agree with me later. :)

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

25 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@Shanmugam

”intelligence hijacked by emotions”....you said it, friend. 

:).. It is called Amygdala hijack:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala_hijack

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

21 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

:).. It is called Amygdala hijack:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala_hijack

Sure...fear distorts rational response. A defensive measure to maintain a certain degree of psychological security. 

Wasn’t aware of the Amygdala hijack info. Interestingly matches up to internal observation in the self-thought. 

Edited by Faceless

Some people that want to become gurus or aspire to be like them are Spiritual Egos.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 24/07/2018 at 9:53 AM, Shanmugam said:

I clearly told you that I am aware of the political situation in Tamil Nadu and I doubt if anyone else here is even aware of it.. He has made many comments recently in the media which clearly revealed that his intentions do not seem to be what he claims them to be.  

This part is interesting. I didn't read the whole thread, but wanted to share something. When I got back to the US from Hyderabad, a friend who had just arrived from Hyderabad sat down with me for lunch. I took a chance in talking about enlightenment with him and warned him to be open-minded about it. You know, how "woo-woo" the conversation may turn out, right? :D I was concerned. But, to my surprise, he knew about it! :) So, my intuition was right in telling him. However, the moment I mentioned Sadhguru, he told me not to look at him anymore. He told me that he was not a real guru. I was quite surprised! I wondered why. But, he didn't have time to explain, and left.

24 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

This part is interesting. I didn't read the whole thread, but wanted to share something. When I got back to the US from Hyderabad, a friend who had just arrived from Hyderabad sat down with me for lunch. I took a chance in talking about enlightenment with him and warned him to be open-minded about it. You know, how "woo-woo" the conversation may turn out, right? :D I was concerned. But, to my surprise, he knew about it! :) So, my intuition was right in telling him. However, the moment I mentioned Sadhguru, he told me not to look at him anymore. He told me that he was not a real guru. I was quite surprised! I wondered why. But, he didn't have time to explain, and left.

It is up to your intuition also, if you feel Sadhguru's presense then it is something.. to have that kind of feeling in his presense needs to be worked out very hard.. the people who believe in him is many, to have that you must be something... it is also not accidental that he has so many people around him and love him! You can say whatever your mind identify to other person whether it is a positive or negative but you cannot hide the something in him that could for example oxford university and harvard university  invites him for a talk ,... :D 

40 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

It is up to your intuition also, if you feel Sadhguru's presense then it is something.. to have that kind of feeling in his presense needs to be worked out very hard.. the people who believe in him is many, to have that you must be something... it is also not accidental that he has so many people around him and love him! You can say whatever your mind identify to other person whether it is a positive or negative but you cannot hide the something in him that could for example oxford university and harvard university  invites him for a talk ,... :D 

I was only sharing with Shanmugam what happened when I had that lunch with a friend. I don't know Sadhguru well. To me, a "guru" doesn't have to be invited to prestigious universities or be famous. That doesn't matter to me. What matters is, can he/she teach someone to be a great person and how well are the lessons taught? And, the "guru" cannot be a hypocrite--you know, practice what you preach.

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

I was only sharing with Shanmugam what happened when I had that lunch with a friend. I don't know Sadhguru well. To me, a "guru" doesn't have to be invited to prestigious universities or be famous. That doesn't matter to me. What matters is, can he/she teach someone to be a great person and how well are the lessons taught? And, the "guru" cannot be a hypocrite--you know, practice what you preach.

No matter how someone did a greatest things in the humanity, some people will throw you a rocks, no matter how sadhguru for example do the impossible things for us to be saved, still some will judge him as a hypocrite and say something negative towards Sadhguru...  even Jesus Christ suffered to that, he make himself nailed in the cross for you to see that he loves you but even his apostle Betrayed him! In his time many people are saved by Jesus Christ, by making a miracle, a blind man become a seer, but when he needs to be save no one do the act of saving him in the cross... can you see how mind games work here? You cannot see the essense of Sadhguru if your mind is still there, if you don't feel someone it is better to be silence, and find a guru that suits you, 

I really feel the vibes whenever i read and whenever i understand what he is pointing, i see the moon not his finger,.. what he is trying to communicate here comes from a authentic experience of him.. 

3 hours ago, John Iverson said:

No matter how someone did a greatest things in the humanity, some people will throw you a rocks, no matter how sadhguru for example do the impossible things for us to be saved, still some will judge him as a hypocrite and say something negative towards Sadhguru...  even Jesus Christ suffered to that, he make himself nailed in the cross for you to see that he loves you but even his apostle Betrayed him! In his time many people are saved by Jesus Christ, by making a miracle, a blind man become a seer, but when he needs to be save no one do the act of saving him in the cross... can you see how mind games work here? You cannot see the essense of Sadhguru if your mind is still there, if you don't feel someone it is better to be silence, and find a guru that suits you, 

I really feel the vibes whenever i read and whenever i understand what he is pointing, i see the moon not his finger,.. what he is trying to communicate here comes from a authentic experience of him.. 

Then, good, you could continue to learn with him. Who's stopping you? I think Shanmugam has a valid point too. He doesn't have to remain silent. I know that sometimes India has been effected and scammed by fake gurus historically and just because the guru is nice and famous, doesn't mean someone has to keep silence. Like I said, I don't know much about Sadhguru. I didn't check him out much yet, but I do wonder why that friend said that. To me, that friend is smart and politically involved, and very much aware.

Ok. I already said to you what I have to say. I made myself clear. I'm not going to elaborate on this anymore because it will only get out of context.

24 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Then, good, you could continue to learn with him. Who's stopping you? I think Shanmugam has a valid point too. He doesn't have to remain silent. I know that sometimes India has been effected and scammed by fake gurus historically and just because the guru is nice and famous, doesn't mean someone has to keep silence. Like I said, I don't know much about Sadhguru. I didn't check him out much yet, but I do wonder why that friend said that. To me, that friend is smart and politically involved, and very much aware.

My point here is this is also sneaky move of the mind.. Even Leo take Sadhguru's Initiation... why do you think Leo will come to Sadhguru just to take his Initiation? In San Diego,... Leo is not just smart, he is intelligent and, meticulous to what things he will intake, after the initiation he doesn't say anything negative that oh that is bulshit, but he said in the other post in this forum that that Initiation help him somehow to grow I don't remember if in yoga or in meditation, I don't remember, the thing is the mind can hinders you to go on the journey with the help of other... you know what talking about someone like this is a waste of time,.. talking about someone that you reject is nonsense.. talking about someone that you praise doesn't make you grow.. we can be more motivated and inspired that should we talk about! We need motivation and inspiration to keep doing what we do... 

5 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

We need motivation and inspiration to keep doing what we do.

Why is that? 

Very interesting indeed. 

Sorry off topic. I just found that last sentence particularly interesting. :)

@John Iverson I think we're getting off-topic. I already shared everything I know. I'm not into any one guru. For me, if the message of enlightenment, for example, gets passed on, and the person understands it with the experience, that's it; then it's time for a profound life purpose. Personally, that friend who I had lunch with is someone I have to trust, in business. So, whatever he said does have some impact. However, that's a personal matter. I don't want to get into it.

I'm just going to be a little bold and express some thoughts here that came up after going through this thread. It's easy to find stage blue environments anywhere in the world. It's like going to a party where the ppl are not really enjoying the party but come up to you and small talk with you about your "religion" or your "race" or even ask you about your "caste." They have 20 "nosy/curious" questions to ask, and expect you to have an answer. It's like you have to belong to some group, right? They expect that to be your identity, and they think they know you based on that. How does this make you feel? Uncomfortable, right? No? Then, maybe you're partly stage blue? Some ppl in the world do choose their friends like this and even their spouses.

In other words, if a guru preaches nationalism or even cracks nationalistic jokes, seekers who blindly follow him will also do the same. He may even do this in subtle ways and many seekers may mimic him. If you go to his temple, monestary, or ashram, you will probably encounter this type of "party" environment if you don't fit the stereotypical, "nationalistic" profile. Here's an example. In India, if you have a "Christian" name, like "John," many ppl in stage blue will automatically assume you're a Christian. This is mainly an internal assumption. Same goes for Hindus and Muslims. I'm talking about stage blue ppl and environments. If you want to see and experience stage yellow, good luck. It's rare. The thing to do is become at least stage yellow and make friends in at least stage yellow.

12 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Words of wisdom from Sadhguru

This is a very interesting and a very complex clip. I'd like to comment on it.

I agree with the first half of the clip. It basically relates to the saying, "Those who fail to understand history are bound to repeat it." In other words, it's important to understand history without judging it too much and make wise choices.

The second half I don't agree with. Of course, if you take away the police from big cities like New York, within 3 hrs, lots of crime will happen. It's obvious. The same is true for big cities like New Delhi and Mumbai. Crimes are very high there, esp. New Delhi. It's not a good comparison. It's very, very complicated to compare cities and countries across the world. You could read many books on it and watch as many videos on it, and you still won't get it. Imo, the best thing to do is to travel there, live there for decades, become Indian, and transend both cultures. Then, you'll understand. Don't be afraid to step outside of your own backyard. If you remove all the police from Hopkinsville, KY, for example, it's not the same as removing them from LA.