metamorphose

Difficulty finding likeminded people

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

I‘m pretty sure this is a common topic:   it‘s pretty hard for me to find likeminded people. I feel that I have a deep desire to build some form of community (or just a small group of friends) with whom I feel truly connected but I struggle to do so.

I‘m pretty outgoing and have friends, so I have no issue with getting to know people in general. It‘s just either I feel it doesn’t klick - so it stays an superficial acquaintance or the other person (when it‘s a guy) has a romantic interest which I‘m not interested in.

Do you have an idea where I can find people that are open to build long lasting, non-romatic deep connections? How did you manage to do so?

This happened to me with a lot of the guys I went out for partying. With many of them I just met them before entering the clubs and I didn't know much about them.

But sometimes I met them before going to the club, for example, for having dinner. After meeting them a few times outside the club, relationships and topics go deeper. Almost all my closest friends now comes from the nightlife, and they are great people with shared interests beyond picking up girls and getting drunk.

Also, start sharing bits of your life. Sometimes you have to open before other people do.

Im wondering the same thing but with little of self inquery i come with second hand solution you first need to go to places that you enjoy and be yourself then you will feel if someones for you by not even needing to talk to (we connect on the inside not with words) and try to talk to them or something find out what they like then invite them to do something idk i want the answer too :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@metamorphose

It helps to have a reason why you guys should be friends.

For instance, if you were both on the same sport team, you'd have a reason to be friends. If you were both musicians who wanted to play music together, now you have a reason to be friends. 

Get specific on why you want friends. Define it clearly. "Deep connection" and "like-minded" is way too vague and wishy-washy.