Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Turquoise Examples Mega-Thread

647 posts in this topic

TITLE: Adyashanti: Time is Running Out

TITLE: Adyashanti interview with Bob Cowart - Part 07 of 11

4:20 

yellowish turquoise opinion on relativity (I am NOT saying Adyashanti is stage turquoise, just that this may be an example of stage turquoise reasoning)

TITLE: Adyashanti interview with Bob Cowart - Part 08 of 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRjZsxtTBiM

Edited by Raze

‘Make a thorough analysis of yourself. Realize that your body is not your body; it is part of the whole body of sentient beings. Your mind is not solely your mind; it is but a constituent of all mind.’

Zen Master Soyen Shaku

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

TITLE: Adyashanti: “not caring” as caring with freedom or love without attachment to the outcome

TITLE: Russell Brand & Gabor Mate | Damaged Leaders Rule The World

Yelowish turquoiseish view of politics, high empathy for people he dislikes and a big picture view of their psychology

TITLE: Conscious Problem Solving | Eckhart Tolle Teachings

TITLE: Adyashanti: Complete Interview

TITLE: The Art of Effortless Living (Taoist Documentary)

This documentary retells stage turquoise taoist teachings.

Seth Speaks notes and examples for chapter one:

I do not have a physical body, yet I am writing this book:

You have heard of ghost hunters,  I can quite literally be called a ghost writer, though I do not approve of the term "ghost".  Names are not important.  I am quite independent of a physical image, and so are you.  Consciousness creates form.  It is not the other way around.  All personalities are not physical.  It is only because you are so busily concerned with daily matters that you do not realize that there is a portion of you who knows that its own powers are far superior to those shown by the ordinary self.

You have each lives other existences, and that knowledge is within you though you are not consciously aware of it.  You would be much better off in reading this book if you asked yourself who you are rather than asked who I am, for you cannot understand what I am unless you understand the nature of personality and the characteristics of consciousness.

If you believe firmly that your consciousness is locked up somewhere inside your skull and is powerless to escape it, if you feel that your consciousness ends at the boundary of your body, then you sell yourself short, and you will think that I am a delusion.  I am no more a delusion than you are, and that may be a loaded sentence.  

I am an energy personality essence, no longer focused in physical matter.

You are not stuck in time like a fly in a closed bottle, whose wings are therefore useless.  You cannot trust your physical senses to give you a true picture of reality.  They are lovely liars, which such a fantastic tale to tell that you believe it without question.  You are sometimes wiser, more creative, and far more knowledgeable when you are dreaming than when you are awake.

What I will tell you has been told before throughout the centuries, and given again when it was forgotten.  I hope to clarify many points that have been distorted through the years.  And I offer my original interpretation of others, for no knowledge exists in a vacuum, and all information must be coloured by the personality who holds it and passes it on.  Therefore I describe reality as I know it, and my experience in many layers and dimensions.
This is not to say that other realities do not exist.

I adopt from my own bank of past personalities those characteristics that seem appropriate.  There are many of us, personalities like myself, unfocused in the physical matter or time.  Our existence seems strange to you only because you do not realize the true potentials of personality, and you are hypnotized by your own limited concepts.

You create the world that you know.  You have been given perhaps the most awesome gift of all: the ability to project your thoughts outwards into physical form.  The fact is that each of you create your own physical reality, and en masse, you create both the glories and the terrors that exist within your earthly experience.  Until you realize that you are the creators, you will refuse to accept this responsibility.  You have grown "ego-bound" instead, held in a spiritual rigidity, with the intuitive portions of the self either denied or distorted beyond any recognition.

Since we have mentioned animals, let me say here that they do possess a kind of consciousness that does not allow them as many freedoms as your own.  Yet at the same time, they are not hampered in its use by certain characteristics that often impede the practical potential of human consciousness.

Consciousness is a way of perceiving the various dimensions of reality.  Consciousness as you know it is highly specialized.  The physical senses allow you to perceive the three-dimensional world, and yet by their very nature they inhibit the perception of other equally valid dimensions.  Most of you identify with your daily physically oriented self.  You would not think of identifying with one portion of your body and ignoring all other parts, and yet you are doing the same thing when you imagine that the egotistical self carries the burden of your identity.

I am telling you that you are not a cosmic bag of bones and flesh, thrown together through some mixture of chemicals and elements.  I am telling you that your consciousness is not some fiery products formed merely accidentally through the interworkings of chemical components.

You form the physical body that you know at a deeply unconscious level with great discrimination, miraculous clarity and intimate unconscious knowledge of each minute cell that composes it.  This is not meant symbolically.
Now because of your conscious mind, as you think it, is not aware of these activities, you do not identify with this inner portion of yourselves.  But this seemingly unconscious portion of yourself is far more knowledgeable, and upon its smooth functioning your entire physical existence depends.  This portion is conscious, aware, alert.  It is you, who do not listen to it's voice.

I call this seemingly unconscious the "inner ego", for it directs inner activities.  It correlates information that is perceived not through the physical senses, but through other inner channels.  It is the inner perceiver  of reality that exists beyond the three-dimensional.  It carries with it the memory of each of your past existences.  It looks into subjective dimensions that are literally infinite, and from those subjective realities all objective realities flow.

otkRqbr.jpg

This portion of your identity is quite natively clairvoyant and telepathic.

The "outer ego" and the inner ego operate together, the one to enable you to manipulate in the world that you know, the other to bring you those delicate inner perceptions without physical existence could not be maintained.
There is however a portion of you, the deeper identity who forms both the inner ego and the outer ego, who decided that you would be a physical being in this place and in this time.  This is the core of your identity, the psychic seed from which you sprang, the multidimensional personality of which you are a part.  Where I place the subconscious, imagine it as a meeting place between the outer and inner egos, there are no real divisions to the self, however, so we speak of carious portions only to make the basic idea clear.

You cannot understand yourselves until you rid yourself of the notion that personality is a "here and now" attribute of consciousness.

The self that you know is but one fragment of your entire identity.  These fragment selves are not strung together, however like beads of a string.  They are more like the various skins of an onion or segments of an orange, all connected through the one vitality and growing out into various realities while springing from the same source.  I want to emphasize that as these things grow from within outward, so does each fragment of the entire self.  You observe the outside aspect of objects.  You physical senses permit you to perceive the exterior forms to which you then react, but your physical senses to come extend force you to perceive reality in this manner, and the inside vitality within matter and form is not so apparent.

Nothing exists, neither rock, mineral, plant, animal or air, that is not filled with consciousness of its own kind.  There is no such thing as dead matter.  There is no object that was not formed by consciousness, and each consciousness, regardless of its degree, rejoices in sensation and creativity.  You cannot understand what you are unless you understand such matters.

There are no limitations to the self.  There are no limitations to its potentials.  You can adopt artificial limitations through your own ignorance, however.  You can identify, for example, with your outer ego alone, and cut yourself off from abilities that are a part of you.  The personality is multidimensional.

Now at times I will be using the term "camouflage", referring to the physical world to which the outer ego relates, for physical form is one of the camouflages that reality adopts.  The camouflage is real, and yet there is a much greater reality within it - the vitality that gave it form.  Your physical senses then allow you to perceive this camouflage, for they are attuned to it in a highly specialized manner.  But to sense the reality within the form requires a different sort of attention, and the more delicate manipulations than the physical senses provide.  The ego is a jealous god, and it wants its interests served.  It does not want to admit the reality of any dimensions except those within which is feels comfortable and can understand.

It is not natively as rigid as it seems.  Its curiosity can be of great value.  If you have a limited conception of the nature of reality, then your ego will do its  best to keep you in the small enclosed area of your accepted reality.  If, on the other hand, your intuitions and creative instincts are allowed freedom, then they communicate some knowledge of greater dimensions to this most physically oriented portion of your personality.

Personality is a gestalt of ever-changing perception.  It is the part of the identity which perceives.  I do not force my perceptions upon the woman through whom I speak, nor is her consciousness blotted out during our communications.  Instead there is an expansion of her consciousness and a projection of energy that is directed away from three-dimensional reality.
This concentration away from the physical system may make it appear as if her consciousness is blotted out.  Instead, more is added to it.  Now from my own field of reality I focus my attention toward the woman, but the words she speaks, these words upon the pages, are not initially verbal at all. 
In the first place, language as you know it is a slow affair: letter by letter strung out to make a word, and words to make a sentence, that result of linear thought pattern.  Language as you know it is partially and grammatically the end product of your physical time, and your language structure is not given to the communication of intricate, simultaneous experience.

I am aware of a different kind of experience, not linear, and can focus upon and react to an infinite variety of simultaneous events.  This ability to perceive and to react to unlimited simultaneous events is a basic characteristic of each whole self or entity.  Each reader, being presently ensconced within a physical form knows only a small portion of himself.  The entity is the overall identity of which his personality is one manifestation.  All knowledge or information bears the stamp of the personality who holds it or passes it on.

There is within this personality a rather unique facility that makes our communications possible.  I will put this as simply as possible: There is within this psyche what amounts to a transparent dimensional warp that serves almost like an open window through which other realities can be perceived, a multidimensional opening that has to some extend escaped being clouded over by the shade of physical focus.

The physical senses usually blind you to these open channels, for they perceive reality only in their own image.  To some extent, then, I enter your reality through a psychological warp in your space and time.  In a manner of speaking, such an open channel serves much as a pathway between the author's personality and my own, so that communication is possible between.  Such psychological and psychic warps between dimensions of existence are not infrequent.  They are merely recognized as such infrequently, and utilized even less so.

Edited by Loba

Seth Speaks notes - chapter 2

My present environment, work and activities:

While my environment differs in rather important respects from that of my readers, I can assure you, with ironic understatement, that it is as vivid, varied, and vital as physical existence.  It is more pleasurable, though my ideas of pleasure have changed some since I was a physical being, being more rewarding and offering far greater opportunities for creative achievement.  

My present existence is the most challenging one that I have known, and I have known many, both physical and nonphysical.  There is not just one dimension in which nonphysical consciousness resides.

My environment, now, is not like the one in which you will find yourself immediately after death.  I cannot help speaking humorously, but you must die many times before you enter this particular plane of existence.  (Birth is more of a shock than death.  Sometimes when you die you do not realize it, but birth almost always implies a sharp and sudden recognition.  So there is no need to fear death.

My work in this environment provides far more challenge than any of you know, and it also necessitates the manipulation of creative materials that are nearly beyond your present comprehension.  I will say more of this shortly.  First of all, you must understand that no objective reality exists but that which is created by consciousness.  Consciousness always creates form, and not the other way around.  So my environment is a reality of existence created by myself and others like me, and it represents the manifestation of our development.

We do not use permanent structures.  There is not a city or a town, for example, in which I swell.  I do not mean to imply that we are off in empty space.  For one thing we do not think of space as you do, and we form whatever particular images we want to surround us.  They are created by our mental patterns, just as your own physical reality is created in perfect replica of your inner desires and thoughts.  You think that objects exist independently of you, not realizing that they are instead the manifestations of your own psychological and physic selves.  We realize that we form our own reality, and therefore we do so with considerable joy and creative abandon.  In my environment you would be highly disoriented, for it would seem to you as if it lacked coherency.

We are aware if the inner laws that govern all materializations, however.  I can have it night or day, in your terms, as I prefer, or any period of say, your history.  These changing forms would in no way bother my associates for they would take them as immediate clues as to my mood, feelings, and ideas.

ac6bfded61d5f8c5c6b3dc1ff605d506--psycheartworks-000185943315-jgulgz-t500x500.jp

Permanency and stability basically have nothing to do with form; but with the integration of pleasure, purpose, accomplishment, and identity.  I travel to many other levels of existence in order to fulfill my duties, which are primarily those of a teacher and educator, and I use whatever aids and techniques serve me best within those systems.  In other words, I may teach the same lesson in many different ways, according to the abilities and assumptions that are inherent in any given system in which I must operate.  I use one portion of myself from many personalities that are available to my identity in these communications.  In other systems of reality, this particular Seth personality that I, the larger Seth identity adopt here, would not be understood.

All systems of reality are not physically oriented, you see, and some are entirely unacquainted with physical form.  Nor is sex, as you understand it, natural to them,  Therefore I would not communicate as a male personality who has lived many physical existences, though this is a legitimate and valid portion of my identity.

Now: In my home environment I assume whatever shape I please and it may vary, and done, with the nature of my thoughts.  You, however, form your own physical image at an unconscious level in more or less the same manner, but with some important differences.  You usually do not realize that your physical body is created by you at each moment as a direct result of your inner conception of what you are, or that it changes in important chemical and electromagnetic ways with the ever-moving pace of your own thought.

Having long ago recognized the dependence of form upon consciousness, we have simply been able to change our forms entirely so that they more faithfully follow each nuance of our inner experience.  This ability to change form is an inherent characteristic of any consciousness.  Only the degree of proficiency and actualization varies.  You can see this in your own system, in a slowed-down version, when you observe the changing forms taken by living matter through its evolutionary history.

Now, we can also take several forms at one time, so to speak, but you can also do this although you do not generally realize it.  Your physical form can lie sleeping and inert upon the bed while your consciousness travels in a dream form to places quite distant.  Simultaneously you may create a thought form of yourself, identical in every respect, and this pay appear in the room of a friend quite without your conscious awareness.  So consciousness is not limited as to the forms it can create at any given time.

We are rather more advanced along these lines than you, and when we create such forms we do so with complete awareness.  I share my field of existence with others who have more or less the same challenges to meet, the same overall pattern of development.  Some I have known and others I have not.  We communicate telepathically, but then again, telepathy is the basis for your languages, without which their symbolism would be meaningless.
Because we do communicate in this manner, this does not necessarily mean that we use mental words, for we do not.  We communicate instead through what I can only call thermal electromagnetic images that are capable of supporting much more meaning in one sequence.  The intensity of the communication is dependent upon the emotional intensity behind it, although the phrase emotional intensity may be misleading.

We do feel an equivalent of what you call emotions, though these are not the love or hate or anger that you know.  Your feelings can best be described as the three-dimensional materializations of far greater psychological events and experienced that are related to the inner senses.

Suffice it here to say that we have strong emotional experience, although it differs in a large measure from your own.  It is far less limited and far more expansive in that we are also aware and responsive to the emotional climate as a whole.  We are much freer to feel and experience, because we are not afraid of being swept up by feeling.
Our identities do not feel threatened, for example, by the strong emotions of another.  We are able to travel through emotions in a wat that is not now natural to you, and to translate them into other facets of creativity than those with which you are familiar.  We do not feel the need to conceal emotions, for we know it is basically impossible and undesirable.  Within your system they can appear troublesome because you have not yet learned how to use them.  We are only now learning their full potential, and the powers of creativity with which they are connected.

Since we realize that our identity is not dependent upon form, therefore, of course, we do not fear changing it, knowing that we can adopt any form we desire.  We do not know death in your terms.  Our existence takes us into many other environments, and we blend into these.  We follow what rules of form exist within these environments.  All of us here are teachers, and we therefore adapt our methods, also, so that they will make sense to personalities with varying ideas of reality.  Consciousness is not dependent upon form.  It always seeks to create form.

There are no real barriers to separate the systems of which I speak.  The only separation is brought about by the varying abilities of personalities to perceive and manipulate.  You exist in the midst of many other systems of reality, for example, but you do not perceive them.  And even when some event intrudes from these systems into your own three dimensional existence, you are not able to interpret it, for it is distorted by the very fact of entry.

I told you that we do not experience you time sequence.  We travel through various intensities.  Our work, development, and experience all takes place within what I term the moment point.  Here within the moment point, the smallest thought is brought to fruition, the slightest possibility explored, the probabilities thoroughly examined, the least or the most forceful feeling entertained.  It is difficult to explain this clearly, and yet the moment point is the framework within which we have our psychological experience.  Within it, simultaneous actions follow freely through associative patterns.  For example, pretend that I think of you.  In so doing I immediately experience - and fully - your past, present and future in your terms, and all of those strong or determining emotions and motivations that have ruled you.  I can travel through those experiences with you, if I choose.  We can follow a consciousness through all of its forms, for example, and in your terms, within the flicker of an eye.

Now it takes study, development, and experience before an identity can learn to hold its own stability in the face of such constant stimuli; and many of us have gotten lost, even forgetting who we were until we once more awakened to ourselves.  Much of this is quite automatic to us now.  In the infinite varieties of consciousness, we are still aware of a small percentage of the entire banks of personalities that exist.  For our vacations we visit amid quite simple life forms, and blend with them.

To this extend we indulge in relaxation and sleep, for we can spend a century as a tree or an an uncomplicated life form in another reality.  We delight our consciousness with the enjoyment of simple existence.  We may create, you see, the forest in which we grow.  Usually however, we are highly active, our full energies focused in our work and in new challenges.

We can form from ourselves, from our own psychological entireties, other personalities whenever we wish.  These, however, must then develop according to their own merit, using the creative abilities inherent in them.  They are free to go their own way.  We do not do this lightly, however.

Each reader is a portion of his or her own entity, and is developing toward the same kind of existence that I know.  In childhood and in the dream state, each personality is aware to some extend of the true freedom that belongs to its own inner consciousness.  These abilities of which I speak, therefore, are inherent characteristics of consciousness as a whole and of each personality.

My environment changes constantly, so does your own.  If a room suddenly appears small and cramped to you, and you take it for granted that this change of dimension is imaginative.  The fact is that the room under such conditions will have changed quite definitely, and in very major respects, even though the physical measurements will still measure the same.  The entire psychological impact of the room will have altered.  Its effect will be felt my others besides yourself.  It will attract certain kinds of events rather than others, and it will alter your own psychological structure and hormonal output.  You will react to the altered state of the room even in quite physical ways, though its width or length, in inches or feet, may not seem to vary.

You are constantly changing the form, the shape, the contour, and the meaning of your physical body and most intimate environment, although you do your best to ignore these constant alterations.  On the other hand, we allow them full rein, knowing that we are motivated by an inner stability that can well afford spontaneity and creation, and realizing that spiritual and psychological identity are dependent upon creative change.
Our environment therefor is composed of exquisite imbalances where change is allowed full play.  You own time structure misleads you into your ideas of the relative permanency of physical matter, and you close your eyes to the constant alterations within it.  Your physical senses confine you as best they can to the perception of a highly formalized reality.  Only through the use of the intuitions and in sleep and dream states, as a rule, can you perceive the joyfully changing nature of your own, and any, consciousness.

There is no end to our environment.  In your terms there would be no lack of space or time in which to operate.  Now this would put tremendous pressure on any consciousness without proper background and development.  We do not have one simple, cozy universe in which to hide.  We are alert to other quite alien systems of reality that flash on the very outskirts of consciousness as we know it.  There are far more various kinds of consciousness than there are physical forms, each with its own patterns of perception, dwelling within its own camouflage system.  Yet all of these have inner knowledge of the reality that exists within all camouflage and that composes any reality, by whatever name it is called.

Now many of these freedoms are quite natural to you in the dream state, and you form dream environments often to exercise such potentials.
You can learn to change your physical environment, therefore, by learning to change and manipulate your dream environment.  You can also suggest specific dreams in which a desired change is seen, and under certain conditions these will then appear in your physical reality.  Now often you do this without realizing it.

Whole consciousness adopts various forms.  It need not always be within a form.  All forms are not physical ones.  Some personalities, therefore, have never been physical.  They have evolved along different lines, and their psychological structures would be alien to your own.

To some extent I also travel through such environments.  Consciousness must show itself, however.  It cannot unbe.  It is not physical, it must therefore show its activation in other ways.  In some systems for example, it forms highly integrated mathematical and musical patterns that are themselves stimuli for other universal systems.

The senses that you use, in a very real manner, create the environment that you perceive.  Your physical senses necessitate the perception of a three-dimensional reality.  Consciousness is equipped with inner perceptors, however.  These are inherent within all consciousness, regardless of its development.  These perceptors operate quite independently from those that might be assumed when a given consciousness adopts a specialized form, such as a physical body, in order to operate in a particular system.

Each reader, therefore, had inner senses, and to some extent uses them constantly, though he is not aware of doing so at an egotistical level.  Now, we use the inner senses quite freely and consciously.  If you were to do so, then you would perceive the same kind of environment in which I have my existence.  You would see an uncamouflaged situation, in which events form and were free and not stuck in a jellylike mold of time.

You could see, for example, you present livingroom not only as a conglomeration of permanent-appearing furniture, but switch your focus and see the immense and constant dance of molecules and other particles that compose the various objects.  You could see a phosphorescent-like glow, the aura of electromagnetic structures that compose the molecules themselves.  You could, if you wished, condense your consciousness until it was small enough to travel through a single molecule, and from the molecule's own world look out and survey the universe of the room and the gigantic galaxy of interrelated, ever-moving star-like shapes.  Now all of these possibilities represent a legitimate reality.  Yours is no more legitimate than any other, but it is the only one that you perceive.  

Using the inner senses we become conscious creators, cocreators.  But you are unconscious cocreators whether you know it or not.  If our environment seems unstructured to you, it is only because you do not understand the true nature of order, which has nothing to do with permanent form, but only appears to have form from your perspective.
There is no four o'clock in the afternoon or nine o'clock in the evening in my environment.  By this I mean that I am not restricted to a time sequence.  There is nothing preventing me from experiencing such sequences if I choose.  We experience time, or what you would call its equivalent nature, in terms of intensities of experience, a psychological time with its own peaks and valleys.

This is somewhat similar to your own emotional feelings when time seems speeded up or slowed down, but it is vastly different in important ways.  Our psychological time could be compared in terms of environment to the walls of a room, but in our case the walls would be constantly changing in colour, size, height, depth and width.

Our psychological structures are different, practically speaking, in that we utilize a multidimensional psychological reality that you inherently possess , but are unfamiliar with at an egotistical level.  It is natural, then, that our environment would have multidimensional qualities that the physical senses would never perceive. 
Now I project a portion of my reality as I dictate this book to an undifferentiated level between systems that is relatively clear of camouflage.  It is an inactive area, comparatively speaking.  If you were thinking it terms of physical reality, then this area could be likened to one immediately above the atmosphere of your earth.  However, I am speaking of psychological and psychic atmospheres.

B7Wxmqo.jpg

It is also in a way distance from my own environment, for in my own environment I would have some difficulties in relating the information in psychically oriented terms.  You must understand that by distance I do not refer to space.

Creation and perception are far more intimately connected than any of your scientists realize.
It is quite true that your physical senses create the reality that they perceive.  A tree is something far different to a microbe, a bird, an insect, and a man who stand beneath it.  I am not saying that the tree only appears to be different.  It is different.  You perceive its reality through one highly specialized set of senses.  This does not mean that its reality exists in that form in any more basic way than it exists in the form perceived by the microbe, insect or bird.  You cannot perceive the quite valid reality of that tree in any context but your own.  This applies to anything within the physical system that you know.

It is not that physical reality is false.  It is that the physical picture is simply one of an infinite number of ways of perceiving the various guises through which consciousness expresses itself.  The physical senses force you to translate experience into physical perceptions.  The inner senses open your range of perception, allow you to interpret experience in a far freer manner and to create new forms and new channels through with you, or any consciousness, can know itself.

Consciousness is among other things, a spontaneous exercise in creativity.  You are learning now, in a three-dimensional context, the wats in which your emotional and psychic existence can create varieties of physical form.  You manipulate within the psychic environment, and these manipulations are then automatically impressed upon the physical mold.  Now our environment is itself creative in a different manner than yours.  Your environment is creative in that trees bear fruit, that there is a self-sustaining principle, that the earth feeds its own, for example.  The naturally creative aspects are the materializations of the deepest psychic, spiritual, and physical inclinations of the species, set up in your terms eons ago, and a part of the racial bank of psychic knowledge. 

We endow the elements of our environment with an even greater creativity that is difficult to explain.  We do not have flowers that grow, for example.  But the intensity, the condensed psychic strength in our psychological natures forms new dimensions of activity.  If you paint a picture within three-dimensional existence, then the painting must be on a flat surface, merely hinting at the complete three dimensional experience that you cannot insert into it.  In our environment, however, we could actually create whatever dimensional effects we desired.  All of these abilities are not ours alone.  They are your heritage.  As you will see later in this book, you exercise your own inner senses, and multidimensional abilities, more frequently than it might seem, in other states of consciousness that the normal, waking one.

Since my own environment does not have easily defined physical elements, you will be able to understand its nature by inference, as I explain some related topics throughout this book.
Your own physical environment appears as it does to you because of your own psychological structure.  If you gained your sense of personal continuity through associative processes primarily, rather than as a result of the familiarity of self moving through time, then you would experience physical reality in an entirely different fashion.  Objects from past and present could be perceived at once, their presence justified through associative connections.  Say that your father throughout his lifetime has eight favorite chairs.  If your perceptive mechanisms were primarily set up as a result of intuitive associate rather than time sequence, then you would perceive all of these chairs at one time; or seeing one, you would be aware of the others.  So environment is not a separate thing in itself, but the result of perceptive patterns, and these are determined by psychological structure.

So if you want to know what my environment is like, you will have to understand what I am.  In order to explain, I shall have to speak about the nature of consciousness in general.  In doing so I shall end up telling you much about yourself.  The inner portions of your identity are already aware of much that I will tell you.  Part of my purpose is to acquaint your egotistical self with knowledge that is already known to a larger portion of your own consciousness, that you have long ignored.

All of your attention is focused in a highly specialized way upon one shining, bright point that you call reality.  There are other realities all about you, but you ignore their existence, and you blot out all stimuli that come from them.  There is a reason for such a trance, as you will discover, but little by little you must wake up.

My environment includes, or course, those other personalities with whom I come in contact.  Communication, perception and environment can hardly be separated.  Therefore the kind of communication that is carried on by myself and my associates is extremely important in any discussion of our environment.  I hope to give you an idea, quite simply, of our existence, the world in which we are involved, the dimension in which we exist, the purposes that we hold dear; and most of all, those concerns that make up our experience.

Edited by Loba

Seth Speaks notes and examples - chapter 3 

My work and those dimensions of reality into which it takes me:

We are aware of what you would call our past selves, those personalities we have adopted in various other existences.  Because we use telepathy, we can hide little from each other, even if we wished to.  I assure you that even now none of your thoughts are hidden, but are known quite clearly to your family and friends.  You are simply not aware of this fact.

This does not mean that each of us is like an open book to the other.  There is such a thing as mental etiquette.  We are much more aware of our own thoughts than you are.  We realize our freedom to choose our thoughts, and we choose them with some discrimination and finesse.

The power of thoughts has been made clear to us, through trial and error in other existences.  We have discovered that no one can escape the vast creativity of the mental image, or of emotion.  This does not mean that we are not spontaneous, or that we must deliberate between one thought or another, in anxious concern that one might be negative or destructive.  That, in your terms, is behind us.

Our psychological structure does mean that we can communicate in far more various forms than those which you are familiar, however.  Pretend, for example that you meet a childhood friend whom you have long forgotten.  Now you may have little in common.  Yet you may have a fine afternoon's discussion centered about old teachers and classmates, and establish a certain rapport.
So when I meet another, I may be able to relate to him much better on the basis of a particular past life experience, even though in my now we have little in common.

We will be quite aware that we are ourselves, however - the multidimensional personalities who shared a more or less common environment at one level of our existence.  As you will see, this analogy is a rather simple one that will do only for now, because past, present and future do not really exist in those terms.

Our experience does not include the time divisions with which you are familiar.  We have far more friends and associates than you do, simply because we are aware of varying connections in what we call for now past incarnations.

We have of course therefore more knowledge at our fingertips.  There is no period of time, in your terms, that you can mention, but some of us have been from there, and carry within our memories the indelible experience that was gained in that particular context.  We do not feel the need to hide our emotions or thoughts from others, because all of us by now well recognize the cooperative nature of all consciousness and reality, and our part in it.  We are highly motivated.  Simply because we have at out command the full use of our energy, it is not diverted into conflicts.

Now each whole self, or multidimensional personality, has its own purposes, missions, and creative endeavors that are initial and basic parts of itself and that determine those qualities that make it eternally valid and eternally seeking.  We are finally free to utilize our energy in those directions.  We face many challenges of quite momentous nature, and we realize that our purposes are not only important in themselves, but for the surprising offshoots that develop in our efforts to pursue them.  In working for our purposes, we realize that we are blazing trails that can also be used by others.  We also suspect that the purposes themselves will have surprising results, astounding consequences that we have never realized, and that they will merely lead to new avenues.

When one has been born and has died many times, expecting extinction with each death, and when this experience is followed by the realization that existence still continues, then a sense of the divine comedy enters in.

We are beginning to learn the creative joy of play and that all creativity and consciousness is born in the quality of play, as opposed to work, in the quickened intuitional spontaneity that I see as a constant through all my own existences, and in the experience of those I know.  I communicate with your dimension, for example, not by willing myself to your level of reality, but by imagining myself there.  All of my deaths would have been adventures had I realized what I know now.  On the one hand you take life too seriously, and on the other, you do not take playful existence seriously enough. 

We enjoy a sense of play that is highly spontaneous, and yet I suppose you would call it responsible play.  Certainly it is creative play.  We play, for example, with the mobility of our consciousness, seeing how far one can send it.

The pathways we make continue to exist and can be used by others.  We leave messages to any who come by, mental signposts.  We can be highly motivated therefore, and yet use and understand the creative use of play, both as a method of attaining our goals and purposes and as a uprising and creative endeavor in itself.

Often the material I present will initially be given without any sign of my presence, seemingly as a startling revelation.

In your system, for example, and in connection with the woman through whom I now write this book, initial contact on my part was made long before our session began.  The personality was never consciously aware of the initial meeting.  She simply experienced sudden new thoughts, and since she is a poet, these appeared as poetic inspirations.  I had known of her psychic gifts since her childhood, but the insights necessary were channeled through the poetry until the personality attainted the necessary background that was needed in this particular case.
As a part of my work, therefore, I have been coaching the young woman in one way or another, all of this as a preliminary to the serious world that began with our sessions.

Won't you be my dictionary
Won't you translate fun
Into something necessary
Inter uni sun

Can't I be very necessary
Inter uni fun
Comes back

Satellites they mix you up
And hypnotize you with the sound
Reproducing would fuck you up
And make you forget what you found

Can't I be very necessary
Inter uni fun
Comes back

Space as you perceive it simply does not exist.  Not only is the illusion of space caused by your own physical perceptive mechanisms, but it is also caused by mental patterns that you have accepted - patterns that are adopted by consciousness when it reaches a certain stage of evolution within your system.

When you arrive, or emerge, into physical life, not only is your mind not a blank slate, waiting for the scrolls that experience will write upon it, but you are already equipped with a memory bank far surpassing that of any computer.  You face your first day upon the planet with skills and abilities already built in, thought they may or may not be used; and they are not merely the result of heredity as you think of it.

You may think of your soul or entity as some conscious and living, divinely inspired computer who programs its own existences and lifetimes.  But this computer is so highly endowed with creativity that each of the various personalities it programs spring into consciousness and song, and in turn create realities that may have been undreamed of by the computer itself.

Within the personality, however, comes with a built-in idea of the reality in which it will operate, and its mental equipment is highly tailored to meet very specialized environments.  It has full freedom, but it must operate within the context of existence to which it has been programmed.  Within the personality, however, in the most secret recesses, is the condensed knowledge that resides in the computer as a whole.  I must emphasize that I am not sating that the soul or entity is a computer, but only asking you to look at the matter in this light in order to make several points clear.

Each such personality has within it the ability to not only gain a new type of existence in the environment - in your case physical reality - but to add creatively to the very quality of its own consciousness, and in doing so to work its way through the specialized system, breaking the barriers of reality as it knows it.

Your environment is not real in the terms that you imagine it to be.  When you are born, then, you are already conditioned to perceive reality in a certain manner, and to interpret experience in a very limited but intense range.
I must explain this before I can clearly give you an idea of my environment, or of those other systems of reality in which I operate.  There is no space between my environment and yours, for example no physical boundaries that separate us.  In a very real way of speaking, you concept of reality as seen through your physical senses, scientific instruments, or arrived at through deduction, bears little resemblance to the facts - and the facts are difficult to explain.

Your planetary systems exist and once, simultaneously, both in time and in space.  The universe that you seem to perceive, either visually or through instruments, appears to be composed of galaxies, stars and planets, at various distances from you.  Basically, however, this is an illusion.  You senses and your very existence as physical creatures program you to perceive the universe in such a way.  The universe as you know it is your interpretation of evens as the intrude upon your three-dimensional reality.  The events are mental.  This does not meat that you cannot travel to other planets for example, within that physical universe, any more than it means that you cannot use tables to hold books, glasses and oranges, although the table has no solid qualities of its own.
When I enter your system, I move through a series of mental and psychic events.  You would interpret these events as space and time.
Root assumptions are those built-in ideas of reality of which I spoke - those agreements upon which you base your ideas of existence.  Space and time, for example, are root assumptions.  Each system of reality has its own set of such agreements.

original.png

The entity, or the soul has a far more creative and complicated nature than even your religions have ever granted it.  It utilized numberless methods of perception, and it has at its command many other kinds of consciousness.  Your idea of the soul is indeed limited by your three dimensional concepts.  The soul can change to focus of its consciousness, and uses consciousness as you use the eyes in your head.  Now in my level of existence I am simply aware of the fact, strange as it may seem, that I am not y consciousness.  My consciousness is an attribute to be used by me.  Soul, or entity, then, is more than consciousness.
When I enter your environment, I turn my consciousness in your direction, therefore.  In one way, I translate what I am into an event that you can understand to some extent.  In a much more limited manner, any artist does the same thing when he translates what he is, or a portion of it, into a painting.

When I enter your system, I intrude into three-dimensional reality, and you must interpret what happens in the light of your own root assumptions.  Now whether or not you realize it, each of you intrudes into other systems of reality in your dream states without the full participation of your normally conscious self.  In subjective experience you leave behind physical existence and act, at times, with strong purpose and creative validity within dream that you forget the instant you awaken.

When you think of the purpose of your existence, you think in terms of daily waking life, but you also work at your purpose in these other dream dimensions, and you are then in communication with other portions of your own entity, at work at endeavors quite as valid as those you are about in waking life. 

When I contact your reality, therefore, it is as if I were entering one of your dreams.  I can be aware of myself as I dictate this book, and yet also be aware of myself in my own environment; for I send only a portion of myself here, as you perhaps send out a portion of your consciousness as you write a letter to a friend, and yet are aware of the room in which you sit.  My environment, as I mentioned earlier, is not one of a personality decently dead in your terms.  One large difference between your environment and mine is that you must physically materialize mental acts as physical matter.

Remember also that is physical reality is in a larger sense an illusion, it is an illusion caused by a greater reality.  The illusion itself has a purpose and a meaning.  Perhaps it is better to say that physical reality is one form that reality takes.  In your system, however, you are focused much more intensely upon one relatively small aspect of existence.
We can travel freely through such varying numbers of such realities.  I do not mean to minimize the importance of your present personalities, nor of physical existence.  To the contrary.
Three-dimensional experience is an invaluable place of training.  Your personality as you now know it will indeed persevere, and with its memories, but it is only a part of your entire identity.  You will continue to grow and develop, and you will become aware of other environments.  But environments are not objective things, conglomerations of objects that exist independently of you.  Instead you form them and they are quite literally extensions of yourself; materialized mental acts that extend outward from your consciousness.  
I will tell you exactly now you form your environment.  I form mine following the same rules, though you end up with physical objects and I do not.  The mind can influence matter.  Mind creates and forms matter.

Now your closest environment, physically speaking, is your body.  It is not like some manikin-shape in which you are imprisoned, that exists apart from you like a casing.  Your body is not beautiful or ugly, healthy or deformed, swift or slow simply because this is the kind of body that was thrust upon you indiscriminately at birth.  Instead your physical form, your corporeal personal environment, is the physical materialization of your own thoughts, emotions and interpretations.

Quite literally, the inner self forms the body by magically transforming thoughts and emotions into physical counterparts.  You grow the body.  Its condition perfectly mirrors your subjective state at any given time.  Using atoms and molecules, you build your body, forming basic elements into a form that you call your own.

You are intuitively aware that you form your image, and that you are independent of it.  You do not realize that you create your larger environment and the physical world as you know it by propelling your thoughts and emotions into matter - a breakthrough into three-dimensional life.  The inner self, therefore, individually and en masse, sends its psychic energy out, forming tentacles that coalesce into form.

Each emotion and thought has its own electromagnetic reality, completely unique.  It is highly equipped to combine with certain others, according to the various ranges of intensity that you may include.  In a manner of speaking, three-dimensional objects are formed in somewhat the same way that you see on your television screen are formed, but with a large difference.  And if you are not tuned into that particular frequency, you will not perceive the physical objects at all.

Each of you acts as transformers, unconsciously, automatically transforming highly sophisticated electromagnetic units into physical objects.  You are in the middle of a matter-concentrated system, surrounded, so to speak, by weaker areas in what you would call a pseudo-matter persists.  Each thought and emotion spontaneously exists as a simple or complex electromagnetic unit - unperceived, incidentally, as yet by your scientists.

The intensity determines both the strength and the permanency of the physical image into which the thought or emotion will be materialized.  In my own material I am explaining this in depth.  Here, I merely want you to understand that the world that you know is the reflection of an inner reality.

You are made basically of the some ingredients as a chair, a stone, a head of lettuce, a bird.  In a gigantic cooperative endeavor, all consciousness joins together to make the forms that you perceive.  How because this is known to us, we can change our environments and our own physical forms as we wish, and without confusions, for we perceive the reality that lies underneath.  

animorphs-rachel-cat.gif

We also realize that permanency of form is an illusion, since all consciousness must be in a state of change.  We can be, in your terms, in several places at once because we realize the true mobility of consciousness.  Now whenever you think emotionally of another person, you send out a counterpart of yourself, beneath the intensity of matter, but a definite form.  This form, projecting outward from your own consciousness completely escapes your egotistical attention.  When I think emotionally of someone else, I do the same thing, except that a portion of my consciousness is within the image, and can communicate.

Environments are primarily mental creations of consciousness trust out into many forms.  Now you do the same thing when you sit in your livingroom, but you do not realize what you are doing; and presently you are somewhat restricted.  When my associates and I meet, we often translate each other's thoughts into various shapes and forms out of pure enjoyment in the practice.  We have what you might call a game, demanding some expertise, where for our own amusement we see which of us can translate any given thought into the most numerous forms.

scI5FcP.gif

There are such subtle qualities affecting the nature of all thought, such emotion gradations, that no one is ever identical, and incidentally no physical object in your system is an exact duplicate of any other.  The atoms and molecules that compose it - any object - have their own identities that colour and qualify any object that they form.  You accept and perceive and focus upon continuities and similarities as you perceive physical objects of any kind, and in a very important manner you shut out and ignore dissimilarities out of a given field of actuality.  Therefore you are very highly discriminating, accepting certain qualities and ignoring others.  Your bodies not only change completely every seven years, for example.  They change constantly with each breath.

Within the flesh, atoms and molecules constantly die and are replaced.  The hormones are in a constant state of motion and alteration.  Electromagnetic properties of skin and cell continually leap and change, and even reverse themselves.  The physical matter that composed your body is different in important ways from the matter that forms your body in this instant.
If you perceived the constant change within your body which as much persistence as you attend to its seemingly permanent nature, then you would be amazed that you ever considered the body as one more or less constant, more or less cohesive, entity.  Even subjectively you focus upon and indeed manufacture the idea of a relatively stable, relatively permanent conscious self.  You stress those ideas and thoughts and attitudes that you recall from past experience as your own, completely ignoring those that were once characteristic and now are vanished - ignoring the fact also that you cannot hold thought.  The thought of a moment before, in your terms, vanishes away.

You try to maintain a constant, relatively permanent physical and subjective self in order to maintain a relatively constant, relatively permanent environment.  So you are always in a position of ignoring such change.  Those that you refuse to acknowledge are precisely those that would give you a much better understanding of the true nature of reality, individual subjectivity, and the physical environment that seems to surround you.

What happens to a thought when it leaves your conscious mind?  It does not simply disappear.  You can learn to follow it, but you are usually frightened of turning your attention away from its intense focus in three-dimensional existence.  Therefore, it seems that the thought disappears.  It seems also that your subjectivity has a mysterious unknown quality about it, and that even your mental life has a sort of insidious dropping-off point, a subjective cliff over which thoughts and memories fall, to disappear into nothingness.  Therefore to protect yourself, to protect your subjectivity from drifting, you erect various psychological barriers at what you suppose to be the danger points.  Instead, you see, you can follow these thoughts and emotions simply by realizing that your own reality continues in another direction, beside the one with which you mainly identify.  For these thoughts and emotions that have left your conscious mind will lead you into other environments.

These subjective openings through which thoughts seem to disappear are in fact like psychic warps, connecting the self that you know with other universes of experience - realities where symbols come to life and thoughts are not denied their potential. 

There is communication between these other realities and your own dream states, and a constant interaction between both systems.  If there is any point where your own consciousness seems to elude you or escape you, or if there is any point where your consciousness seems to end, then these are points where you have yourselves set up psychological barriers, and these are precisely those areas that you should explore.  Otherwise you feel as if your consciousness is enclosed within your skull, immobile and constricted, and every lost thought or forgotten memory at least symbolically seems like a small death.  And such is not the case.

Edited by Loba