Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Turquoise Examples Mega-Thread

647 posts in this topic

A lot of members here put Ken Wilber at vMEME Turquoise. but because I'm not  very familiar with that stage, I will put him at vMEME YELLOW/Turquoise. 

But in this topic in particular  he touches on a lot of non-dual principles  that is associated  to vMEME Turquoise. 

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

3 hours ago, Bernardo Carleial said:

A lot of members here put Ken Wilber at vMEME Turquoise. but because I'm  very familiar with this stage, so I will put him at vMEME YELLOW/Turquoise. 

But in this topic in particular  he touches on a lot of non-dual principles  that is associated  to vMEME Turquoise. 

Why do you think he is not fully turqoise+?

2 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Why do you think he is not fully turqoise+?

@Hello from RussiaBecause I don't  know enough  about this particular  stage(Turquoise) to make the case.?

It is more due to my lack of knowledge  other than anything  else...as I have written before in my last post on this mega-thread:  my spiral wizardry  goes until vMEME  Yellow .

However,  I know for sure that he is solid vMEME Yellow because of his Integral Theory.

P.S: I realized that I have omitted  the word "not" in my last post. Making it seem like I understand  vMEME  Turquoise, which is definitely  not  the  case... ?I'm sorry for  that.?

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

Jordan Peterson Stage Turquoise?

(I am not joking)

Listen to the full video please.

At 1:16 ''...Buddhist doctrine...there is no difference between you and what you experience..''

7 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Jordan Peterson Stage Turquoise?

(I am not joking)

Listen to the full video please.

At 1:16 ''...Buddhist doctrine...there is no difference between you and what you experience..''

Saying a phrase associated with one stage like "Life is a dream" or "There is no difference between you and what you experience" doesn't mean that you have accessed or embodied it. See the person saying these words and recognize their being. Saying something is not being it.

"You are going where you are aiming" is understood by 1st tier stages.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

9 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

Saying a phrase associated with one stage like "Life is a dream" or "There is no difference between you and what you experience" doesn't mean that you have accessed or embodied it. See the person saying these words and recognize their being. Saying something is not being it.

"You are going where you are aiming" is understood by 1st tier stages.

JP has had awakening experiences.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

JP has had awakening experiences.

A nice recontextualization.

Edit: Awakening can happen at any stage. It gets recontextualized by the pov which is based on values like described with SD.

Edited by Loving Radiance
Clarification

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

1 hour ago, Loving Radiance said:

A nice recontextualization.

What do you mean by that?

A Stage Purple shaman can have access to Turquoise ideas. Same with Green people. Or Orange/Blue people like Peterson.

If JP was Turquoise, he wouldn't waste his time demonizing green and yellow.

Can't demonize something you integrated.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Yep exactly.

I watched some videos on him, and I almost instantly saw that he was heavily stuck in an ideology he created for himself.

The first video I saw, one of his first sentence was like "and then we could stop with this nonsense" with a very condescending/bitter tone xD

So Turquoise, not possible, Yellow too, since it's only at that stage you deconstruct ideologies completely.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yep exactly.

I watched some videos on him, and I almost instantly saw that he was heavily stuck in an ideology he created for himself.

The first video I saw, one of his first sentence was like "and then we could stop with this nonsense" with a very condescending/bitter tone xD

So Turquoise, not possible, Yellow too, since it's only at that stage you deconstruct ideologies completely.

He needs some work for sure. He could be such a sage if he just let go of the shadow he likes to go on about... Oh the irony. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

Awakening can happen at any stage. It gets recontextualized by the pov which is based on values like described with SD.

Are all the videos here talking about awakening experiences and psychedelic trips actually just irrelevant then? All his Jungian talk, his book Maps of Meaning that integrates the shared values of all the different religious traditions (east and west) with western psychology and neuroscience, does all of that not have a slight tinge of holism in it?

His idea of God isn't merely pre-rational/traditionalist Christianity. He is more a religious pluralist with an affinity for Christianity (he is more like Rupert Sheldrake in that sense). There is a reason why rationalists get so uneasy when he starts talking about God and why they don't know if they should place him in the William Lane Craig theologian box or the Deepak Chopra woo-woo box. He is post-rational in that respect (and obviously lacking in other areas).

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Are all the videos here talking about awakening experiences and psychedelic trips actually just irrelevant then? All his Jungian talk, his book Maps of Meaning that integrates the shared values of all the different religious traditions (east and west) with western psychology and neuroscience, does all of that not have a slight tinge of holism in it?

His idea of God isn't merely pre-rational/traditionalist Christianity. He is more a religious pluralist with an affinity for Christianity (he is more like Rupert Sheldrake in that sense). There is a reason why rationalists get so uneasy when he starts talking about God and why they don't know if they should place him in the William Lane Craig theologian box or the Deepak Chopra woo-woo box. He is post-rational in that respect (and obviously lacking in other areas).

He spoke with Ken Wilber a few times, but I think Ken Wilber was actually falling into his own pre-trans fallacy. JP's criticism's of Green are below it. He knows about post-rational concepts, but he's never actually taken the time to develop and become post-rational. He is a pre-rational sad fool.

6 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

He spoke with Ken Wilber a few times, but I think Ken Wilber was actually falling into his own pre-trans fallacy. JP's criticism's of Green are below it. He knows about post-rational concepts, but he's never actually taken the time to develop and become post-rational. He is a pre-rational sad fool.

My point is you can have post-rational views in one domain (regarding the nature of God) and still fall into the trap of criticizing Green from below. You can't be a master in all areas. I mean, Ramaji and Ananda Devi voted for Trump...

Edited by Carl-Richard