Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Turquoise Examples Mega-Thread

647 posts in this topic

This is one of the best talks I watched ever.

It integrates the perspective of zen master Doshin Roshi with the perspective of integral theory by Ken Wilber . It's a union of right brained enlightened master with a more theoretical thinking( Ken Wilber). 

I think Both of them are stage turquoise but each one takes a different approach and has different life experiences that led him to be stage turquoise.

I love how at minute 20 Doshin Roshi wanted to stop Ken and to speak but he sees that Ken keeps talking so he waits patiently and listens fully to Ken until he finds another opportunity to speak.

Its amazing how they both interact because of their different style and wisdom. 

You can see that Doshin Roshi has unconditional love and understanding for the whole, while Ken delivers knowledge and research into the theory of integral .

It's quite amazing how much wisdom you can take from only the way Doshin Roshi talks.

Add to that all the integral view of Ken!

Cynthia Bourgeault gives great instructions on the practice of Centering Prayer

In the spiritual circles I've traveled through. No one seems to appreciate Ocke deBoer the way I do. In this interview Iain Mcnay doesn't seem to get Ocke at all. I'll admit that in this interview, Ocke is not very articulate but I think it's because English is not his primary language. His two books HIGHER BEING BODIES and TWO SOULS are treasures to me.

Two quotes from HIGHER BEING BODIES 

"If you could float above the earth and become aware of all the negativity that is going on, you would never laugh again. The world is ruled by negative emotions."

"This is the difference between us and the angels. Angels are perfectly made and, therefore, naive and stupid; they can only do what they are made for. Humans have many more possibilities. There is more joy in heaven for one perfected human being than for a thousand angels."

From Paul Beekmans review of HIGHER BEING BODIES 

There is much more in his work to recommend in a brief review. For me I found refreshing the fact that Ocke makes work on oneself appear a potential source of pleasure. As he proclaims; "Absence of joy is slow suicide." Nothing could stir one's appetite to work on the self more than this statement. Understanding his own joy so transparent in his work, is the most persuasive reason to read his book. The book contains many other "homey" statements of this sort that speak well to the reader who is not deep into Gurdjieff's language. For example, Ocke suggests how to put meat on the skeleton of consciousness. He would free his reader from the prison of identification. He contrasts the head brain's radiation with the heart brain's emanation. He tells us the difference between inner and outer memory. the solar soul that can be developed over the lunar body that is destined to dust. 

This is finally. a book written by one who knows and cares for those who care but do not know yet how to work on themselves.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I tried to find some old schoolmasters from the teachers that I got to know, a tiny bit there is a lot more history behind them. After listening to tons of Shinzen young videos and to his Audiobook, it is quite interesting to see how much of an impact one single turquoise person can have. I just finished watching to Osho documentary, which is insane that a self-governing commune can be that advanced and at the same time, disruptive and this cult thing just went loose, is insane. I wanted to find a video about Shinzen Youngs teacher, but I did not find anything, I found these two videos that can be quite cool or not for people who like Zen or old Zen Masters, he is the teacher from the Soto Temple Master, I have been to and attended a retreat. It is quite funny how he can deflect and how he acts "stupid" on purpose? In order to get rid of all the assumptions people project. (Second video, the first video is in French solely?

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Looks like the forum resizes the original picture... to see the full picture click on the link below:

Click here

A651_ED45_36_F5_422_B_9_F50_30_BE292_A8250.jpg

Edited by AleksM

This is a 4 part documentary that I watched today, I thought it was amazing. 

I'm blown away by the level of this interview and the being of this psychonaut

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

Turquoise art?

Not exactly sure how to measure a turquoise artist. Anyway this guy seems very calm and his music is mystical.
I feel like this man just gave these listeners a spiritual purification right there.