Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Turquoise Examples Mega-Thread

647 posts in this topic

STILL SEEN FROM A MATERIALIST PARADIGM AND TRYING TO LOGICALLY ARGUMENT THERE WAY TO THE SIMULATION PROBABILITY SPECIALLY SINCE THEY TALK A LOT ABOUT COMPUTING POWER BEING WHAT COULD RUN THE WHOLE ALTERNATIVE REALITY. BUT ITS A CURIOUS PROGRESS FROM KURZGESAGT.

Edited by nicolasns96

Jonathan Pageau, Aubrey Marcus

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

I am curious as to how Ramana Maharshi and some other older mystics, yogis, and spiritual tribes can be Turquoise when it came online only 30 years ago according to the Spiral Dynamics website. I understand that Maharshi was beyond Spiral Dynamics, however his world views didn't even exist back then. 

I just read Aubrey Marcus new book. He is Orange and Green, maybe Yellow if you are feeling generous. Definitely not Turquoise.

Rare footage a mystical pioneer exploring the realms of space for himself, beyond the dogmas of science. He's open with his feelings about his mother, breaking typical Western stereotypes of masculinity. He moves freely and fluidly, without fear. Hell, he's so enlightened he doesn't need oxygen. Dr. Steve Brule is a true master.

Is new-age movement turquoise? or is it green?
Is vipasana turquoise?

Edited by Hello from Russia

Jesus is taking a new approach this time around

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

@Leo Gura

By declaring that man is responsible and must actualize the potential meaning of his life, I wish to stress that the true meaning of life is to be discovered in the world rather than within man or his own psyche, as though it were a closed system. I have termed this constitutive characteristic "the self transcendence of human existence." It denotes the fact that being human always points, and is directed, to something or someone, other than oneself--be it a meaning to fulfill or another human being to encounter. The more one forgets himself--by giving himself to a cause to serve or another person to love--the more human he is and the more he actualizes himself. What is called self-actualization is not an attainable aim at all, for the simple reason that the more one would strive for it, the more one would miss it. in other words, self-actualization is possible only as a side effect of self transcendence. -Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

This line of thought made me think of Dewey's transactional approach or Buber's I and Thou concept. Both non-dual in premise. Possibly helpful in moving past the individuality bias of yellow toward a process bias of turquoise. Yellow realizes its about process but still holds onto a sense of being the one pulling the strings while turquoise realizes the process itself always holds it's own strings; the medium (Heidegger: temporality) is the massage. The way out is always through.

Edited by Ryan E

@zenjen He's on the highest level of not caring what anyone thinks. Enlightened enough for me :P

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

On 7/15/2018 at 11:23 AM, Peter-Andre said:

I think Oogway from the Kung Fu Panda films might qualify.

Oogway is 1000000% turquoise!

When he tells shifu about "illusion of control" in the first movie that was screaming turquoise.

It's Love.