Capital

Spiral dynamics is mentioned in Islam !

10 posts in this topic

There is an idea in islam that there is 7 Skies and god is above them all ! Which is really really similar to the the spiral dynamics stages which are 7 (beige - purple - red - blue - orange - green - yellow ) and terqoise (which is God who is above all the stages) ! That's really a wired mind fuck coincidence for me ! :D .. Cause if you thought about it he just could have said that there is only one sky and god is above it .. I wonder if that 7 skies metaphor is really a representation for some kind of consiousness stages model - doesn't have to be the same as the spiral dynamics model - that Mohamed as a terqoise figure has developed !

Edited by Capital

It can also represent living upto 7th dimension and God being above that. Currently it is assumed that as a race, we're shifting from 3D to 4D way of life.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

its well known in Sufi Islam that there are 7 'stations' (literal translation), where at each station, you wash away some prejudice or some dogmatic notion that you still hold in your psyche.

This system that you are talking about is in fact similar to spiral dynamics. Instead of a system describing values and their dynamics, the 7 station/sky system describes the dynamics of prejudices and their change.

Of course, prejudice and values are linked and are 2 sides of the same coin. Your values determine the lens you view the world from, and consequently your prejudices. Prejudices determine the lens you view the world from, and consequently your values.

I wouldn't be surprised if the inventors of spiral dynamics got their inspiration from the 7 stations of Islam.

After Turquoise there are further stages discussed: Violet / Coral. These are not from the original developers of the framework (Coral definitely not). But that does not mean, they are worthless. Wether one would give credibility to Violet and/or Coral, I assume, with humanity and society evolving, there will perhaps be more stages.

9 hours ago, electroBeam said:

its well known in Sufi Islam that there are 7 'stations' (literal translation), where at each station, you wash away some prejudice or some dogmatic notion that you still hold in your psyche.

This system that you are talking about is in fact similar to spiral dynamics. Instead of a system describing values and their dynamics, the 7 station/sky system describes the dynamics of prejudices and their change.

Of course, prejudice and values are linked and are 2 sides of the same coin. Your values determine the lens you view the world from, and consequently your prejudices. Prejudices determine the lens you view the world from, and consequently your values.

I wouldn't be surprised if the inventors of spiral dynamics got their inspiration from the 7 stations of Islam.

I haven't known that and I'm an ex Muslim .. Impressive ! :D

No. In Islam is written about the chakras. 

The spiral dynamics has its core in spiritual concepts. 

2 hours ago, Quanty said:

No. In Islam is written about the chakras. 

The spiral dynamics has its core in spiritual concepts. 

Chakras and the spiral dynamics model are correlated by the way 

There is color beige in Spiral

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

4 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

There is color beige in Spiral

Haha edited .. sorry English isn't my first language !