CreamCat

You should really stop visiting this forum if you need success in short term.

17 posts in this topic

I'm 30 years old and live with my parents. I'm currently working on a new one-man entrepreneur career, and my parents want results in the next 2~3 years.

Ideally, I need roughly 5 years for it to really bloom and stabilize.

Given the time restraint, I realized I need to shift balance toward ruthless minimalism and brutal pragmatism for the next 2 years. I'll ruthlessly cheat my learning process when I'm stuck because I found that cheating works terribly well in very many cases for a beginner. There will be limitations in cheating after a certain point, though. Cheating in this case means ignoring bullshit that comes with traditional learning methods. Tradition comes with a lot of bullshit. And, traditionalists tell me I'm cheating when I ignore bullshits in traditions. It's dynamic balance. After my new career stabilizes, then I can think about shifting balance toward true mastery and creativity.

Sorry, Leo Gura. I just can't give up my ego, yet. I am so terrified of living a life in which I take orders from other people. I need freedom in my work. I really want one-man entrepreneurship.

Perhaps, I'll focus on the most important aspect of my career really really hard and throttle learning other aspects of my new career for a few years.

I found myself addicted to this forum. It was a really bad short-term addiction. As part of ruthless optimization process, this addiction has to stop.

I think this forum can easily be toxic for people who are beginners in personal development and life purpose and thus cannot stop themselves from wasting time here.

Thus, I'll visit this forum only when I have a precise strategic plan for what to do on this forum. Otherwise, it just becomes another addiction.

I will still watch Leo Gura's videos. But, you will probably not see me on this forum for many months after I reply to replies to this post.

Edited by CreamCat

Beware of homeostasis... If you try to shift gears too quickly you will probably fall back into old behavior. 

@CreamCat you're displaying the traits of a healed person. fly free, young bird!

unborn Truth

@CreamCatI can relate to some of your things.

Goodluck, I tried the whole I'll just work 12 hours a day thing and fix it and it backfired on me lol, I did like 1 week then i cowered for a month not doing anything, ego backlash sucks.

I hope it works out for you though!  Self Mastery is a great thing.

Edited by blazed

5 hours ago, dude said:

Beware of homeostasis... If you try to shift gears too quickly you will probably fall back into old behavior. 

@dude Yes, that happens. But, I think that it is homeostasis that is shifting my gears toward pragmatism and minimalism.

I know how long I should work from my experiences. Without distractions, I will naturally return to my old behaviors that involve working hard, but with a shit ton of optimizations applied to my daily routine. I realized there were many activities of low value and there were many nice-to-have goals in my career. I'm going to cut them out ruthlessly.

If I was able to achieve the core goal of my career, I would make money without sacrificing the level of quality in my work.

Nice-to-have goals can wait.

Edited by CreamCat

4 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

@CreamCat

Sorry you don't sound healed. You sound shit scared and backed into a corner drowning in a sea of your own projections. 

@Etagnwo I don't necessarily need to be healed to be optimized and pragmatic. I can't wait for myself to heal before taking action. I just need to be patient and wait until I find a doctor or until my body heals by itself. I'm aware that I'm scared and backed into a corner. But, restraints made me realize that there are a ton of optimization opportunities. Those opportunities are low-hanging fruits. What I said was that I was going to take those low-hanging fruits ruthlessly with laser focus instead of strolling and exploring territory at a leisurely pace.

I realized 90% of what I do and learn are either nice to have or of low value.

In the short term, I'm going to ruthlessly cut out activities of low value and focus on achieving the most important core goal of my career. I was slow because I didn't optimize and I gradually added extra nice-to-have goals to my career over time.

I didn't say I was going to work 15 hours a day. I know there are limits in my work hours. 8~10 hours a day sound like a good starting point.

I'll stop using twitter and stop learning a few things that will only help my career indirectly in the long term.

Edited by CreamCat

2 hours ago, blazed said:

@CreamCatI can relate to some of your things.

Goodluck, I tried the whole I'll just work 12 hours a day thing and fix it and it backfired on me lol, I did like 1 week then i cowered for a month not doing anything, ego backlash sucks.

I hope it works out for you though!  Self Mastery is a great thing.

@blazed I know how long I should work. I used to work really hard. I just need to stop using communication media like twitter and forums. Twitter is useless, so I'm going to delete my twitter account. Forums will not be visited unless I have a precise strategic plan for what to do on the forums.

After I cut out distractions and nice-to-have goals and extraneous activities, I'll naturally start working hard again with a ton of optimizations applied.

Edited by CreamCat

5 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@CreamCat you're displaying the traits of a healed person. fly free, young bird!

@ajasatya What traits of a healed person was I displaying?

4 hours ago, Outer said:

It's one thing to walk the path, it's another thing to talk of walking the path.

I don't think I'm addicted, I'm just not letting go when I've found what I was looking for, exhausted all the use an achieved personal pre-enlightenment. I only rationalize my staying in certain places (YouTube, reddit, etc) because I've had tremendous use of them in the past.

@Outer I was walking the path well, but I was inefficient because I had a lot of extraneous activities and nice-to-have goals in the way. I know that I will walk the path a lot better without extraneous acitivites and nice-to-have goals and distractions.

Edited by CreamCat

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

What traits of a healed person was I displaying?

the desire to let go of the drug and become fully responsible for yourself.

unborn Truth

4 hours ago, ajasatya said:

the desire to let go of the drug and become fully responsible for yourself.

@ajasatya By drug, do you mean addictions to this forum and other communication media?

You're right that I "want" to let go of addictions and become fully responsible for myself.

Edited by CreamCat

I just bumped into this video on yt today 

At one point he talks about having to move with his mom at 30 so it might give you some perspective and inspiration.

21 hours ago, wavydude said:

I just bumped into this video on yt today 

At one point he talks about having to move with his mom at 30 so it might give you some perspective and inspiration.

@wavydude I just watched it. The title of the video made me doubtful, but the content was good. "The most powerful force in the human psyche is how we describe ourselves to ourselves." I think I'll repeatedly tell myself that I am the most amazing person in my field until I actually achieve excellence in my field.

By the way, his father was a shitty father.

Edited by CreamCat

8 hours ago, CreamCat said:

By the way, his father was a shitty father.

Yeah, that was one harsh father, "can you think of one time that I made you proud?", "nothing that I can think of" whilst on his death bed .

No wonder he got cancer, he is cancer.

Edited by blazed

@CreamCat What is it that you want to do business-wise? 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

10 hours ago, Emerald said:

@CreamCat What is it that you want to do business-wise? 

@Emerald I don't want to reveal too much personal information, but I can tell you that I want to create contents with hard work. It is basically one-man entrepreneurship. I could hire a (virtual) assistant in the future, though. The assistant may manage my website and take care of business issues while I focus on content creation.

A business is a reflection of the owner. Your business will grow if you have enough of what it needs for it to grow. Therefore, You have to grow yourself and Actualized.org has so many materials that can help.

Idea is the most important in business. Rationality is needed. A rational owner will know when to be logical or illogical. Be logical when executing ideas but be illogical when you stuck and needed ideas.

good luck 

On 7/17/2018 at 9:58 PM, Impsamri said:

good luck

@Impsamri You, too. I agree that actualized.org has helpful materials.