Joseph Maynor

What do you honestly think is moderate for alcohol per week

65 posts in this topic

On 14/07/2018 at 0:29 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Don’t French and Italians drink wine with their food?  I read somewhere that wine is actually healthy in certain doses.  See?  I think you guys might be too black and white about alcohol.  Red wine is actually good for you.  Not if you drink too much of it, obviously.  

Yeah that's BS.

There is one healthy component in red wine which comes from red grappes and gives them that vibrant colour.

Aside from that Dr. Greger has proven wine doesn't help in any way (too lazy to link the video).

In short, there is a lot of lobbying arround alcohol because you earn a LOT of money and you should do without.

Otherwise I believe like once or twice a month will do no permanent damage. Just don't abuse it.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:56 AM, martins name said:

I drink about 2-3 times a year. For me that's moderate. More then that I would do it for comfort. I see that there is more growth in not drinking more then that. 'Moderation' can easily be used to justify not going outside ones comfort zone or keeping bad habits. I had a realization during my last LSD trip that moderation easily can be black and white thinking.

What's the moderate amount of cocaine to do in a week? 

3 snorts a week I guess ???

I think moderate depends on you. If you have cravings- bad, if it gets in the way of other things-bad, if you depend on it for relaxation- bad.

why would one want to drink? i guess to relax and feel good. isnt that possible without any substances though? like sadhguru always says, joy is within. his shambhavi mahamudra gives joy and relaxation naturally. I will definitely do something of this sort sometime in the future, because i dont want to depend on outside stuff to make me happy.

You should remove alcohol completly this is the lowest drug, if there are drugs that can make you evolve this is definitely a drug that makes you regress.