Joseph Maynor

What do you honestly think is moderate for alcohol per week

65 posts in this topic

‘Moderate’ in the sense of not going over the boundary of health and well-being.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think rather then thinking how not to drink too much I would spend that time thinking where is that need for drinking is coming from and then fix that.

@Joseph Maynor for you probably 0. 

Have you tried picking up any healthier addictions? Like gym, running, martial arts? 

Why assume alcohol is per se bad? People experience a lot of benefits from moderate use of alcohol.  This whole idea that we should be either drunks or abstainers is a false choice.  Ain’t nothing wrong with a glass of wine per day is there?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I drink about 2-3 times a year. For me that's moderate. More then that I would do it for comfort. I see that there is more growth in not drinking more then that. 'Moderation' can easily be used to justify not going outside ones comfort zone or keeping bad habits. I had a realization during my last LSD trip that moderation easily can be black and white thinking.

What's the moderate amount of cocaine to do in a week? 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

Also it depends from person to person. One has to see for themselves is they inhibit growth or not with it.

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Why assume alcohol is per se bad? People experience a lot of benefits from moderate use of alcohol.  This whole idea that we should be either drunks or abstainers is a false choice.  Ain’t nothing wrong with a glass of wine per day is there?

No not at all, but I remember you saying you were an alcoholic. I don't know you personally so it's hard to tell. Just don't bullshit yourself. 

4 minutes ago, SFRL said:

No not at all, but I remember you saying you were an alcoholic. I don't know you personally so it's hard to tell. Just don't bullshit yourself. 

I don’t think I ever said I was an alcoholic.  But, yeah I’ve drank my fair share over the years.  But I also realize that maybe there’s a benefit to drinking moderately.  You make a good point though.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

This sort of topic is pretty relevant for me at the moment. I have made massive progress with growth over last few years after kundalini awakening but alcohol hasn't been something that has left. I love the taste and buzz of having a few beers on the weekend. At the same time I know it's not healthy but because of new levels of contentment it's like I don't care that much.. I do feel like I will get sick of it at some point, it does effect energy levels significantly when you drink to much. 

Edited by SBB4746

9 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

@Joseph Maynor Joseph there is nothing wrong with a glass or two of red. I would avoid everything else though, it seems to have a detrimental effect. The only positive benefits are with people who have terrible diets. It's somehow protective as drinkers who eat the western diet all cause mortality drops compared with t totallers on the western diet. Weird shit 

I remember reading somewhere that the relaxation you get from it is also healthy.  It calms you down and relieves stress.  It increases joy.  It even opens you up.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I'd be mindful of that sort of justification. I remember when I was doing meth and made pros out of it by saying it's good for studying and helps to relieve sickness. 

31 minutes ago, martins name said:

I drink about 2-3 times a year. For me that's moderate. More then that I would do it for comfort. I see that there is more growth in not drinking more then that. 'Moderation' can easily be used to justify not going outside ones comfort zone or keeping bad habits. I had a realization during my last LSD trip that moderation easily can be black and white thinking.

What's the moderate amount of cocaine to do in a week? 

Cocaine is one that I’m glad I don’t have regular access to.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

When someone has to ask, you can easily tell, he already has a problem.

There are no benefits in drinking moderately. Sure, feeling numb to avoid pain or boosting your confidence to talk to girls or something might be cool for the moment, but in the long run, it is just awful. Alcohol is simply the most dangerous culturally accepted drug there is.

4 minutes ago, Sockrattes said:

When someone has to ask, you can easily tell, he already has a problem.

There are no benefits in drinking moderately. Sure, feeling numb to avoid pain or boosting your confidence to talk to girls or something might be cool for the moment, but in the long run, it is just awful. Alcohol is simply the most dangerous culturally accepted drug there is.

Don’t French and Italians drink wine with their food?  I read somewhere that wine is actually healthy in certain doses.  See?  I think you guys might be too black and white about alcohol.  Red wine is actually good for you.  Not if you drink too much of it, obviously.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

Russians, germans and other ones to. Doesn't make it any better. All these countries have serious health-problems with alcoholics.

5 minutes ago, Sockrattes said:

@Joseph Maynor

Russians, germans and other ones to. Doesn't make it any better. All these countries have serious health-problems with alcoholics.

When I went to Rome it seemed like everybody was drinking wine.  Italy is made for wine.  If you look at all the Italian Cuisine, it all goes great with wine.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Don’t French and Italians drink wine with their food?  I read somewhere that wine is actually healthy in certain doses.  See?  I think you guys might be too black and white about alcohol.  Red wine is actually good for you.  Not if you drink too much of it, obviously.  

In leos video about nutrition supplements he shows a pill that contains the healthy chemical in whine in a destiled form. And meditation could probably work better against stress.

1 minute ago, martins name said:

In leos video about nutrition supplements he shows a pill that contains the healthy chemical in whine in a destiled form. And meditation could probably work better against stress.

Resveratrol 

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

When I went to Rome it seemed like everybody was drinking wine.  Italy is made for wine.  

Look. You are an responsible adult. When you are looking for someone, who will help you to justify for drinking habits, i'm quite sure, it won't happen here. Alcohol in generell is not good for your body. Other than other drugs like cocaine, heroin and so on, alcohol will take some time to harm you seriously. That does not make it a easy or harmless substance in the slightest. You have to decide for yourself, if your habits are bad or not.

But in my experience: When someone has to ask, he already has a problem. He has to ask, because his alarmsystem is active, but he can't make sense of it.

Edited by Sockrattes