PsiloPutty

Religion and fully enlightened people?

57 posts in this topic

@starsofclayThe phrase "unconditional love" is pointing to an experience that no words can describe. It is synonymous with the words God/Bliss/Source/Excitement/Joy; all of which point to this experience of unconditional love.

Thus it cannot be defined in a language rooted in duality such as this one. Some enlightened masters don't speak for this reason because their silence communicates the truth of this experience more directly.

To get to this experience, which all human beings are seeking and which is much more important than talking about enlightenment, is quite simple: anchor love and oneness. Follow your greatest joy, focus on your heart, being kind are all "methods" that withdraw your awareness back to the source of your being, that unconditional love, found within the secret chamber of the heart (as called in christianity) or the spiritual heart (as Yogi's call it). I highly recommend you research this phenomenon for deeper understanding.

Much love my friend.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Solace yeah my point is it can't be defined, and i suspect that there are some facets of it that don't appear wholly good or benevolent to those who aren't looking through the eyes of unconditional love.  Although I guess it really doesn't have to do with the topic in discussion, so more of a side note ?

Thank you @Solace Nevertheless, All is well :)

Unconditional Love is the actual frequency of existence itself.

B R E A T H E

We were created this way because of love. The divine loves, understands and dignify us. That is my experience. Only the enlightened or the Divine is capable of this love without any fear or doubts. Love is what holds things together, if the Creator did not have unconditional love we would not be here.

@starsofclay That is absolutely right :) 

@Highest Very well put indeed. Only our freewill can ever make us feel seperate from this love, but in truth we are always connected to it like you eloquently said.

3 minutes ago, pluto said:

Such Truth is beautiful to read. We are truly blessed by your presence Pluto.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Daaaang, y'all were busy in the night.  :D Trying to wrap myself around this enlightenment business is a mysterious, seductive and confounding endeavor. Maybe I won't ever realize it in this life, but I enjoy trying. Wow, some awesome posts in this thread; many thanks.

And Leo, don't you like Pea Soup? Ohhhhh, I crack myself up.  xD

@PsiloPutty They key is to let it go altogether as its inevitable one way or another. The soon as you stop trying to find or chasing something the more natural it becomes of being itself.

Absolute Awareness comes from Absolute Surrender to ALL THAT IS.

This is why we say

ALL IS WELL

:)

B R E A T H E

13 hours ago, pluto said:

Agree, but don't think that man of unconditional love will behave outwardly in a way that we will always find him moral according to the standards of society. 

The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. ◄ John 2:13 ►

In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers sitting there.◄ John 2:14 ►

And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. ◄ John 2:15 ►

And he told those who sold the pigeons, “Take these things away; do not make my Father’s house a house of trade.”◄ John 2:16 ►

Single handedly, Jesus threw all the moneychangers out of the temple. It looks very violent - Jesus with a whip, throwing people out of the temple.  But he was not violent. Hitler doing the same thing will be violent, and the act will be sinful. Jesus doing the same act is virtuous. He is acting out of love; he cares. He cares about these moneychangers too! It is out of his care, concern, love, awareness, that he is acting. He is acting drastically because only that will give them a shock and will create a situation in which some change is possible.

The act can be the same, but if a person is awake the quality of the act changes.

44 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Agree, but don't think that man of unconditional love will behave outwardly in a way that we will always find him moral according to the standards of society. 

The Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. ◄ John 2:13 ►

In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers sitting there.◄ John 2:14 ►

And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. ◄ John 2:15 ►

And he told those who sold the pigeons, “Take these things away; do not make my Father’s house a house of trade.”◄ John 2:16 ►

Single handedly, Jesus threw all the moneychangers out of the temple. It looks very violent - Jesus with a whip, throwing people out of the temple.  But he was not violent. Hitler doing the same thing will be violent, and the act will be sinful. Jesus doing the same act is virtuous. He is acting out of love; he cares. He cares about these moneychangers too! It is out of his care, concern, love, awareness, that he is acting. He is acting drastically because only that will give them a shock and will create a situation in which some change is possible.

The act can be the same, but if a person is awake the quality of the act changes.

Does that sound like Unconditional Love though? Unconditional Love is total acceptance/surrender/understanding/allowance of ALL THAT IS to be ALL THAT IS without interference or judgement in the natural flow of creation. Then again we don't know the authenticity of this story or even the latter about Jesus being unconditionally loving. Nevertheless, To be an expression of Unconditional Love (in my eyes) is the highest form of self-realization and self-expression.

In my eyes.. this is becoming and being whole and complete and truly enlightened if you can express the energy of Creation itself at all times.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

6 hours ago, pluto said:

To be an expression of Unconditional Love (in my eyes) is the highest form of self-realization and self-expression.

Ramana maharshi once remarked, “Who knows that Hitler is a Jnani, a divine instrument.” 

When news was brought to the ashram that Italian planes had gunned undefended citizens on the streets of Ethiopia.

Ramana maharshi said:
The sage who knows the truth that the Self is indestructible will remain unaffected even if five million people are killed in his presence.Remember the advice of Krishna to Arjuna on the battlefield when disheartened by the thought of the impending slaughter of relatives on the opposing side.

Why does masters like Eckhart Tolle, Sadhguru have to be a millionaires, while many of people are homeless and starving in the world?

Which self realized person do you find an expression of unconditional love ?

@Prabhaker you are trying to rationalize this story because you are reading the Bible literally instead of allegorically 

7 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

@Prabhaker you are trying to rationalize this story because you are reading the Bible literally instead of allegorically 

What could be the allegorical interpretation of this story?

Christ_Driving_the_Money-changers_from_the_Temple.jpg

@Prabhaker the allegorical interpretation would be Jesus going to the temple within, and driving out lower consciousness. It's about purification. 

1 minute ago, starsofclay said:

Jesus going to the temple within, and driving out lower consciousness. It's about purification. 

Do you mean Jesus, only begotten Son of God needs purification ?

hmm this is interesting

Edited by the_end_of_me

@Prabhaker I have no idea but the story isn't for jesus, it's for everyone who reads it

Edited by starsofclay