Ingit

Thoughts!

16 posts in this topic

I had negative thinking problem for over 1 and a half year.. I try my best to get rid of them... I just have a bad habit of thinking something negatively like most of the time I think “ Oh Really Am I in my real life and somewhat like that” and than feel sad that why i thought like this... when i feel motivated and happy and forget all... immediately I recall myself to make me sure that Im not thinking negative again and soon after some time I start thinking negatively like this and feel sad.... when I was with my gf I forgot all these problems I had and after breakup I started to think like that again.. sometimes IM good... and its 10 days I have started to do meditation ..... Any helps??? I was OK 2 years back but I had problems with my roomamtes As I live in a Dormitory.. I dont use to get enough sleep.. my roommates use to put me down everytime... gone through hard time... so It was the time I started to build up these negative thinking habit and get worried of what I think... Oh is that really real what IM thinking... Even thought iM the most intelligent guy of my class and IM a medical student.

?IngitScooby ?

6 hours ago, Ingit said:

I try my best to get rid of them

Maybe do some inner / shadowwork instead of getting rid of them, remember;

IMG_3009.JPG

Sorry Could you be more clear? Thanks

?IngitScooby ?

5 hours ago, Ingit said:

Sorry Could you be more clear? Thanks

I think, what he means, is instead trying to 'get rid of it', trying to run away from it, you should acknowledge it and then let go mindfully. When negative thoughts occur, just acknowledge their existence, but don't judge them, don't analyse them, just let them be as they are. But do not engage with them.

@Ingit If you resist your thoughts, they will persist ('what you resist, persists'). If you get rid of thoughts, they are rejected from you (the Self), and will appear in the world as events or reoccuring thoughts (like you describe as); 

20 hours ago, Ingit said:

I started to think like that again

@Tistepiste is right, acknowledge your thoughts, let them be. 

And I said; 

13 hours ago, Rebec said:

Maybe do some inner / shadowwork

Look into your thoughts, why would they appear (always something triggert or believe from your past, because thoughts can never be new), what is behind them. For innerchild work, I like 'the Completion Process' by Teal Swan. For innerwork (core believe of thoughts) I like 'the Work by Byron Katie. 

Good luck with your journey! Keep on meditating ?

I try my best.... Sometimes I get to know them that they just waste my time and are unnecessary but sometimes I get into them and feel anxious... IM a medical student so I get very deep into my thoughts and find whats wrong with me and so on I get more and more into them... 

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit not sure why being a medical student is relevant to going into your thoughts, but you should remember that you are not your thoughts.. you shouldn't identify with them. You can't find answers in your thoughts since they are mostly  your ego taking. What are you trying to find in your thoughts? It's just a waste if energy. Important is to focus in the Now.

Yep i agree with you Guys... I don’t know why but I will think like this ‘Oh IM not fine yet maybe the thought will again pop ups and it automatically pops up’ especially Like this one’Am I really now studying good, An i really Now better.. Am I in my real life” Wow That all make me anxious and then i think why Would I think such.. They don’t even matter just make me anxious... ??? Hillarious Thats all the problem with me...

?IngitScooby ?

@Ingit teach yourself acceptance for where you presently are and stop projecting yourself into the future. All you have is the present moment. Sounds like your striving towards a goal and then realising you aren't where you want to be and that's creating negative thinking? Solution? End the thought of the future and focus on the present. Also, practice self love and be grateful and proud of yourself for where you are RIGHT NOW.

Edited by Charlotte

I know I’m good at studying but I don’t know why I keep on recalling those thoughts “Am I. In my real life” that make me feel worse ?? otherwise I dont have any other problem... Thanks Charlotte

?IngitScooby ?

What exactly do you mean by "Am I in my real life"?

Pleasure

I had issues with my roommates 1 year back and that time I went through a low wuality life not used to get enough sleep and emotional disturbance... I was In Anxiety and tend to worry about little things as I used to have a Psychiatric subject too so I was in touch with all the Psychiatric knowledge and patients... So Once When I was going through anxiety and thought That what If i think Like “Am I in my real life.. do Things really happen with me like Good” thought like this... and became upset thag why I thought like this and since then Whenever I get upset I think about it and face Anxiety.

?IngitScooby ?

I appreciate your reply but I'm still unsure what you mean ?

I automatically will try to think like — What if I’m not in my real life... I know it sounds crazy... But I know Im thinking it wrong... I don’t know and when It comes to my mind I feel anxious and it feels kinda real.. I feel sad then

?IngitScooby ?

@Charlotte just finished Watching Video oF Awareness by Leo... I think I need to be more and more Aware of myself... Thanks Charlotte

?IngitScooby ?