Victor Mgazi

The Nature Of The Ego

158 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

@Faceless then that means there already is freedom! Right now which is eternal. 

Is there? 

Has fear, this dualistic movement of the i ended? 

Has all such movement of seeking psychological security in time ended?

In daily life that is...

what remains the fact in ones daily life? 

Remember thought-fear will evade the fact (fear). 

It will seek shelter in the idea-abstraction or (thought) like...

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

then that means there already is freedom! Right now which is eternal. 

If so, still a movement of fear-attachment

The self-thought is very tricky. Always looking to act within the field of time. Self perpetuating mechanism. 

@Faceless not for the i, I speak in terms of consciousness (it is unconditioned). 

There's no causation, we already established that. So since there's no beginning how can there be an end (movement in time)? Thus psychological enslavement is merely a occurrence in the movement of i which is finite within the infinite (which is absolute freedom).  

Do you get it? 

23 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

not for the i, I speak in terms of consciousness (it is unconditioned). 

If there is fear within yourself determining action then the fact of what is remaims conditioned. 

There's no causation, we already established that

It’s all a movement-invention of thought unless all incomplete action ends. That means “you” don’t seek, “you” are not bound by fear actually 

So since there's no beginning how can there be an end (movement in time)

This can very easily become an invention of thought, therefore the result of (causation-time) 

im talking about actualizing this in daily life. Until there is freedom actually, there is no freedom. 

Thus psychological enslavement is merely a occurrence in the movement of i which is finite within the infinite (which is absolute freedom).  

Do you get it? 

Oh I get what your Laying down. But again the actuality and the abstraction, (invention of thought), are very, very, different indeed. 

Edited by Faceless

I’m taking about the actual ending of fear, attachment, dualistic movement as the i, which is all one and the same movement of the ego seeking security in thought. 

Can we identify when we have invented abstraction to evade the actuality? 

Thats is the question. 

Edited by Faceless

Or as @robdl puts it, seeking security in that which thought(experience, knowledge, memory), has put together as the i. 

The i, the seeking, and the (accumulated experience, knowledge, memory) being one and the same movement fear seeking security in time-thought. 

Edited by Faceless

Okay, okay...I think I get what you are saying. So the idea that there already is freedom would be a thought clinging on to a thought, is that it? 

Just now, Victor Mgazi said:

Okay, okay...I think I get what you are saying. So the idea that there already is freedom would be a thought clinging on to a thought, is that it? 

??

Do you see that as correct?

When you look inward. 

We (attachment) are attached to the the mechanical compulsion to seek psychological security in abstraction. 

This all implies this false sense of duality between the thinker and the thought is influencing all action, which implies contradiction, conflict. Ultimately the movement of fear. 

Edited by Faceless

9 minutes ago, Faceless said:

??

Do you see that as correct?

When you look inward. 

Is that even a question? Wouldn't me finding it correct just be another thought. 

@Victor Mgazi

can you observe all this within yourself? 

Not accepting it as a concept, theory, abstraction. Not understanding it intellectually, verbally, but seeing this entire movement in action within oneself. 

@Jack River sorry, I got busy today and really haven't been able to participate anymore.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Faceless absolutey, there's awareness of it but I'm not sure what self you are referring to. 

There's no awareness of a self I'm afraid. 

Knowing itself is a illusion used to back up another illusion .

Thought i should share this insight. 

How does it feel knowing that there's a reality greater than this and that one day there might be an awakening to it? Pretty good? Relieved ?? Hopeful? 

This is one of the ego's speciality, creating a story for backing up another story. You (i) cannot help but cling to 'knowledge'  which in reality is a story (thought - concept) and some of us may argue that in fact it (story) is the closest to truth or a pointer to it. But then again, what is TRUTH? 

Think about it like this, what decides whether or not something is true? Should you contemplate deep enough then you will find that there is nothing to decide what is true and what is false. There's nothing to acknowledge and there's no one to acknowledge. This is a very slippery notion thus difficult to grasp - and what is weirder is that there is awareness of you (ego) literally trying to acknowledge a story. Yes, this is a story that right now you are trying to make meaning of so that you can finally say "I understand!", do you see? I challenge you to not know anything right now (good luck!). Even the people who say that seeking enlightenment is the act of unlearning are doing so on the notion of knowing. Do I know this? No I don't - and do I know that? Can you see the strange loop ➰ here! 

You feel somewhat good if you know something for a fact, regardless of whether or not it is a good or bad fact, there's just relaxation like there's progression being made thus psychological satisfaction. Let there be awareness of that. note that I said awareness - not acknowledge! Don't confuse knowing for consciousness. 

Please tell me you did not just ask how you can know that you are aware 9_9 Wake up! 

I'm trying to point you out of the dream within the dream so I would understand if there's confusion on this. Feel free to ask questions for clarity.