Victor Mgazi

The Nature Of The Ego

158 posts in this topic

Depends on what you mean we. Humanity can suffer because of its collective ego and just cause you are enlightened doesn't mean the people you associate your self with are enlightened to. 

But as the Absolute we are untouched. 

Let's ask ourselves:
Would things change if the so-called "enlightened" people treat the "unenlightened" people with less judgmental thoughts and less arrogant behavior? Making this distinction between "enlightened" and "unenlightened" people seems like distinguishing into black and white categories without allowing for any shades of gray in between... 

Judging or criticism are ego based actions so the chances of finding a judgmental enlightened being is really unlikely. But would things change? Um...I can't imagine the ego transcending unless it's benefiting from it in some sort of way so no, the world would probably carry on as it were. 

Finding a shade of grey would imply some sort of transformation going on but I'm not sure about this, I'm open to other views. 

But what's your point exactly should I accept things as they are? 

yeah, let's contemplate:

How would the world benefit, if everyone transcended their egos? If everyone would be able to let go (or at least be willing to work on) their judgements, arrogant and competitive behaviors?

Well I guess it would depend on why they are letting go of all that stuff. If it's for raising awareness for the sake of being observant as to why humanity has it's issues / problems / suffering then this would be of benefit. 

But if it's for creating a self righteous image or something like that then it's...I don't know, probably a waste of time. 

On 7/12/2018 at 3:38 PM, Victor Mgazi said:

My survival and well being was my number one priority until I became a little conscious of the bigger picture. Now love has become my priority and expanding it is the goal.

Didnt you decide to be loving in order to increase the well being of yourself? that would mean that your well being is still your number one priority.

Ego is the developed and then repeated assertion and reinforcement over time, of the conditioned identity and belief that "I am this person,identified as a body",separate from and other than, what is not me/itself. It's primary concern is itself and it's own survival. Death of the belief that it is the body identity, means the death of  itself. Fight to the bitter end it will. And in whatever way it can.

Identified as the body it constantly seeks and desires to perpetuate and reinforce the identity through physical/object related means. Sex,money,power, big shiny shit it thinks it needs,etc., etc., Purely selfish with no redeeming qualities,ultimately makes more bad decisions than good because what the hell does it know. Not a damn thing,that's what.

This separation belief,along with it's supporting thoughts/beliefs,of judgements,opinions,I'm right,your wrong,and since you're not me, f*uck you stuff, Imho it , (the separation belief), is a primary, if not the  primary cause of the mountain of unnecessary bullshit a human being puts him/herself through.
And it is a strong ass,deeply held belief that keeps the shit show going.

When there is strong resistance felt in the body,stand back a bit and watch/observe if this, me/I am other than belief, is at work.
Or not.:S

I'm not really a guru per se as the name suggests.
But the big balls...,well that can't be argued.:D

Edited by Big Guru Balls

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

21 minutes ago, Big Guru Balls said:

I'm not really a guru per se as the name suggests.
But the big balls...,well that can't be argued.:D

I really don't have anything constructive to say, at the moment, but had to pipe in and say your user name is hilarious! Lol  ??? 

Oh, PS, nice post!?

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

25 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

I really don't have anything constructive to say, at the moment, but had to pipe in and say your user name is hilarious! Lol  ??? 

Oh, PS, nice post!?

Your delightful comment is more than enough.
heart-pebble-picture-id639876576?k=6&m=6:)

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

7 hours ago, Viking said:

Didnt you decide to be loving in order to increase the well being of yourself? that would mean that your well being is still your number one priority.

I chose love so that I may die. But after the enlightenment I realized that love is not something to be cultivated, that it already is and I'm already at peace (as the absolute of course). So I accept everything(ego is one of those things) and restrict nothing.

7 hours ago, Zweistein said:

So what will you=I=we choose?

Personally I would choose raising awareness but this choice would be serving the collective ego (to confess). 

As humanity I don't know, people are at different stages in the spiral dynamic model so more war is probably inevitable before we can finally be a unit. 

The Nature Of The Ego..:)

I find this directly related to the ego...

@Jack River thanks for the post. I watched the video for about 3 or 4 times now and I'm still thinking about what has been said in it. It's very interesting, thanks a lot. 

17 hours ago, Jack River said:

I find this directly related to the ego...

Indeed it does. ??

On 7/12/2018 at 2:11 PM, Faceless said:

Indeed.

The thing is this movement of the i doesn’t see its own movement of fear seeking security in time. And in so doing, nourishes the movement of volition-will-thought, without being aware it has done so. So it becomes a movement of self perpetuation. 

On 7/12/2018 at 2:18 PM, robdl said:

Quite right.   The "I" is under the impression that "fear," "volition", "time", and "security seeking" are apart from "I" --- when in fact they are all one and the same movement as "I"/thought-self.

Dang!!!

you guys rock 9_9

So what would be the opposite of attachment (clinging), not conceptualy but actually, what would it be?