Zweistein

Why do I=you=we exist?

305 posts in this topic

On 30.8.2018 at 7:29 PM, now is forever said:

i would love to hear the recontextualisation! guess the details are private though? it’s pretty cute, you drew it into a lined notebook, the more it has this innocent child like touch, i find that very unique to all of your drawings. they have this touch of magic. but this one is espessially cute!

If you look closely, you can see me "running away" (from the fear) - from my first world (under water), into the next (avoiding my parents, who sit and watch TV ;), flying up with the smoke of the chimney to sit on the Moon for a while (using it as swing even) - watching and observing, before realizing that I didn't run away from fear - I actually decided to dive right into it. Twirling into emptiness.

Edited by Zweistein

@Zweistein who is the guy lounching a rocket? is it the same as on the underwater love picture of the two fish? 

Edited by now is forever

18 hours ago, now is forever said:

@Zweistein who is the guy lounching a rocket? is it the same as on the underwater love picture of the two fish? 

Well, was it a specific "guy" or another kind of underlying "problem" launching the rocket? ;)

Hmmm, and now what?
Lot's of silence, self-reflection, observing/learning, focusing on health and finding an equilibrium balance ....

Edited by Zweistein

Once someone dreams a dream, it can't just drop out of existence.
But if the dreamer can't remember it, what becomes of it?

~Michael Ende in "Neverending story" ~

Edited by Zweistein

Interesting concept regarding communication ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-sides_model

Starting to understand why buddhist monks are so quiet. Is that the smartest approach to life though? Ignoring the fact that one has a voice? Well, the more I learn about communication, the less I want to say.... 

Maybe this little story for now:

This morning when I walked along the river, I saw a young girl (quite drunk) along with 3 guys (quite drunk as well). She seemed really annoyed actually by what the guys were saying to her, but still she didn't make an effort to go away. Maybe she didn't know where-else to go or what-else to do. Maybe there was a miraculous feeling of belonging.

Then I saw a homeless guy pushing a shopping cart, looking for empty bottles in the trash bins. I told him that today is a good day and gave him a 10 Euro bill. Can we save all the star fishes that washed up on the beach? No, but when an opportunity presents itself, I choose to make a tiny difference in someones life. 

Edited by Zweistein
responsibility

The last days were quite tough for me. I took a closer look at concepts like the deadly sins, the enneagram and the Johari window/blind spot. Which in turn, leads to contemplating a whole lot of other things as well (Maslow's pyramide of needs, meditation & other habits, life purpose & planning, spiral dynamics - which parts did I leave out in my development, etc.).

Looks like I have some work to do.
I will be back to the books for a while.... 

IMG_20180909_221503.jpg

Edited by Zweistein

Shoju Rojin, the master, admonished Hakuin that he must go forward with “continious and unremitting devotion to hidden practice, scrupulous application.” When Hakuin asked what this meant, Shoju retorted, “It certainly doesn’t mean sneaking off to some mountain and sitting like a block of wood on a rock or under a tree ‘silently illuminating’ yourself. It means immersing yourself totally in your practice at all times and in your daily activities – walking, standing, sitting, or lying down…. Practice concentrated in activity is a hundred, a thousand, even a million times superior to practice done in a state of inactivity.”

In "Nothing is hidden" by Barry Magid

My daughter has been wanting to go to this new playground to build sandcastles and play soccer with other kids (it's been a while since we played last time). At the playground, "I" was managing quite well to stay as present as possible in time/space. Slowing down the wild monkey mind ... it has been way too busy in the past couple of weeks. Almost felt like hundred monkeys having a party "jumping in the head" ? 

? hehe we had a nice party then here, too.

i miss u a little bit. it’s good to know someone more more more more more more more more more more more more more more special got your time!

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever @now is forever 

I miss our discussions, too. ? But to miss something keeps one stuck in the head, too, doesn't it? It distracts from being present in the moment.

Also, didn't we derive together with @tsuki that all people are equal? 

It feels like I'm about to graduate from actualized.org university (maybe just with a BSc degree though ?), while realizing that there is still sooooo much to learn (e.g., balance, not playing anymore roles, embodying awareness, solving actual problem situations while not becoming a "Zen devil").

_20180916_132859.jpg

Edited by Zweistein

8 hours ago, Zweistein said:

Also, didn't we derive together with @tsuki that all people are equal? 

no - children are more important, especially if you are guiding them. they love you and you love them!

(also, i miss you from the heart, but it’s ok it‘s not possessive so we are not stuck in this)

Edited by now is forever

@Zweistein @now is forever
I don't think it's about equality, but sameness. All children are identical (in a certain sense).
We are our children:

• by being something that is built around an inner child
  • by building something around our children

A child lives in its mother and its mother lives in her child.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Sounds like pure wisdom! :x

17 hours ago, now is forever said:

no - children are more important, especially if you are guiding them. they love you and you love them!

Sometimes, it feels like children are guiding "me" these days :x

I wanna share a strange dream I had. I was driving a race car directly into a black hole and obviously had problems coming back out. Now, I'm thinking about the implications of that dream...

I think it implies that I will start a new journal and change the title to "How do I=you=we exist?" and talk more about my life purpose, meditation habits and books I'm reading. What do "you" think? How far along are "you" guys/girls "outside" in the "real world" (versus the "virtual/addictive monkey-mind world")?

uhhh that feels like a spoiler to my life purpose, hahaha - in a little other direction. i‘m not done setting everything up, reality is mutch slower than that. but we can walk talking can’t we?

16 hours ago, Zweistein said:

@tsuki Sounds like pure wisdom! :x

@Zweistein Lately, I realized that philosopher's greatest achievement is to remain silent and let the doing do the talking.

When it comes to my life purpose - I haven't come across anything that does not bleek in comparison to death.
Long time ago I realized that my understanding of LP is simply avoiding death by building myself a tombstone that would outlive me.
Seeing that undertaking as futile (no tombstones are eternal), I came to conclusion that I will live to be the most authentic version of myself and die.
No mark that I can leave upon the world will be as permanent as my own erasure.

Oh, and I think it is worth noting that to me, authenticity became synonymous with presence.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2