CreamCat

Are humans philosophical zombies?

5 posts in this topic

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

philosophical zombie is a hypothetical being that from the outside is indistinguishable from a normal human being but lacks conscious experience, qualia, or sentience. What if we are pure awareness and are just aware of what philosophical zombies are thinking and feeling?

Would philosophical zombies called humans do all the chimpanzee things when there is no consciousness?

I don't think the truth wouldn't be that simple, though.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat Are you a philosophical zombie?

I think consciousness is ever present. Whether it is fragmentary or whole varies on Ego and its integration with the self and body. After traumatic events like say being hit by a car or just because someone is particularly neurotic, they may not be conscious, even though they act conscious, to a certain extent, like in sleep walking. I don't accept that property dualism is actual, although substance dualism might be. Personally I go with Neutral Monism, where reality is neither physical nor mental. I think physicalism by itself is incorrect, although Idealism has merit.

Don't take Western philosophy too seriously. All of Western philosophy is basically delusion.

There is not such thing as no consciousness. Only consciousness exists.

If there were zombies, they would be made out of consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If property dualism were true. BRAINZ!!!

Nerve fibres in your gut, your gut probably has a fairly high level of consciousness.
I guess you can have zombified cockroaches, spiders, mice etc in reality.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:41 AM, Leo Gura said:

Don't take Western philosophy too seriously. All of Western philosophy is basically delusion.

There is not such thing as no consciousness. Only consciousness exists.

If there were zombies, they would be made out of consciousness.

@Leo Gura You said we were already dead in another thread. You also said we were philosophical zombies. Are you saying that humans are dead, but conscious? It sounds like a contradiction. How do I know that any philosophy is delusion? How do I know your philosophy is not a delusion? It's difficult to know.

Edited by CreamCat