Greenbirch

Your spiral dynamics path

6 posts in this topic

What is your spiral dynamics path? How do you think you progressed through different stages throughout your life?

Example:

"I was raised in a ___ society but I think I had some ___ in me from early on, especially in some areas of my life. In university/as a young adult, I started to move towards ___ but was still very much ___ in aspects A, B and C. Currently, I am between ___ and ___. I am doing this and that to progress towards the next stage."

Are there some parts of you that you think were on some stage from early on? I'm actually curious if it's possible to for example have some green from a very young age. Also, I wonder how the lower stages of the spiral manifest in childhood. How do you think it was for you? 

Edited by Greenbirch

I was brought up in a very green family but live in a very orange city/culture.

I slipped into orange more and more the older I got (from teen to young adult) but always shown shades of green because of my upbringing.

The shades of green I was brought up with demonstrated a lot of suffering through my life but I was able to transcend the unhealthy part's (eventually).

As I've progressed in PD/consciousness work I'm now able to see I have slight shades of orange still, moved into green even deeper (but in some respects on a healthier level) and also little bits of yellow.

I plan on researching lots of yellow/turquoise and delving into systems thinking in order to move onwards. 

Edited by Charlotte

(also just realised we both have tree's as avatars) ? lol! 

I feel like I was very fortunate in one sense, because I've seen basically every stage of the spiral in my family, up to green (even when they were all adults). Allowed me to climb up the spiral a bit quicker, I think :

Sister and brother 1 were orange

Father was pretty solid blue

Mother blue / orange

Brother 2 with severe schizophrenia was basically beige

Brother 3 was kinda red as he was quite violent

Brother 4 was an interesting mix of beige and green as he also had schizophrenia

Me the hippie.

--

Also friendly reminder, to keep other models in mind other than spiral dynamics, it is not cosmic law ^.^

was brought op in Orange/green. Had a pretty heavy Orange phase (hardcore pickin up girls). Would say right now I'm orange/GREEN/yellow

Brought up in standard blue / orange family in Slovakia. Heavy blue influence from parents of the father (religion + family orientation). At the same time relatively strong Orange influence from father towards career, high academic education, money and achievement. 

I was under a lot of blue dogma pretty much until teenage years until I started building up a lot of egotistical tendencies, lifting weights, showing interest in girls etc...slowly I was shedding of more and more of blue and getting very heavy into orange until I discovered actualized.org in my 25s which showed me green for the first time. 

Today I am probably a blend of 40% orange, 50% green, 10% yellow.  (wondering it is the orange that is trying to quantify this :D) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus