astrokeen

Best psychedelic for improving the mind - (pls don't say that's an oxymoron)

22 posts in this topic

I nearly posted this topic in the "Meditation, Consciousness..." forum which would have invited much disbelief and comments like 'why enhance something that is an illusion, unreal or that needs to die'.

Some reports on psychedelics speak of them rewiring the brain, or activating all parts in tandem

It would be great to hear more on this topic. Particularly from anyone who felt that their thinking abilities were enhanced so that they could be more creative or become better thinkers generally. Could psychedelics improve memory, for example, because that factor alone would enhance thinking?

Edited by astrokeen
speling

I couldn't imagine trying to get anything productive done with 150+ ug of LSD :) But if you're interested in psychedelics as a means to enhance creativity and induce flow states, you're probably better off trying to microdose. I haven't tried it myself, but have seen several articles talking about microdosing LSD, so that's apparently a thing now.

31 minutes ago, WorknMan said:

I couldn't imagine trying to get anything productive done with 150+ ug of LSD :) But if you're interested in psychedelics as a means to enhance creativity and induce flow states, you're probably better off trying to microdose. I haven't tried it myself, but have seen several articles talking about microdosing LSD, so that's apparently a thing now.

Thanks for the tip. 

I was thinking more about productivity after the effects have worn off. Which could happen if the psychedelic improved the brain. This is different from psychological factors as in people feeling upbeat and less stressed after a psychedelic experience which would, therefore, positively affect their thinking abilities.

Edited by astrokeen

I don't think psychedelics improve the mind per se.  The give insight.  Weed can improve the mind I find.  That assumes you don't abuse it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Quanty , do you speak from experience? Could you say more?

@Joseph Maynor , I have seen reports of long term effects of a psychedelic keeping the brain young, similar to meditation. Will post if I find it.

But you think weed can help. In comparison to other psychedelics?

I've done over 30 trips. I have not noticed any improvements of the mind per se.

• I've gotten tons of insights.
  • I've gotten lots of emotional growth.
  • I've gotten a deconstruction of my conceptual matrix.
  • I've gotten crazy depths of consciousness.
  • I've gotten massive openmindedness.

But no baseline improvement of memory or things like that.

Yoga, visualization, contemplation, concentration exercises will have a better chance of improving your mind vs psychedelics.

If you have memory problems, perhaps look into vitamins or nootropics and clean up your diet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

48 minutes ago, astrokeen said:

@Quanty , do you speak from experience? Could you say more?

@Joseph Maynor , I have seen reports of long term effects of a psychedelic keeping the brain young, similar to meditation. Will post if I find it.

But you think weed can help. In comparison to other psychedelics?

Make extraction from Morning glory seeds and Hawaiian baby rose seeds. Yes, I have extended experience with LSA. They use the same extract to synthesize LSD. The experience is a dream-like state very vivid, depending on the dose. 

But as mention above by others, to really improve your mental state you should start by raising the oxygen in the overall body. Tap into breath, connect 4th with 1st (chakras), from there you will be able to improve 10x everything or more. 

Edited by Quanty

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I've done over 30 trips. I have not noticed any improvements of the mind per se.

• I've gotten tons of insights.
  • I've gotten lots of emotional growth.
  • I've gotten a deconstruction of my conceptual matrix.
  • I've gotten crazy depths of consciousness.
  • I've gotten massive openmindedness.

But no baseline improvement of memory or things like that.

Yoga, visualization, contemplation, concentration exercises will have a better chance of improving your mind vs psychedelics.

If you have memory problems, perhaps look into vitamins or nootropics and clean up your diet.

How do you use psychedelics for emotional growth and which is the best healing?

17 hours ago, astrokeen said:

Thanks for the tip. 

I was thinking more about productivity after the effects have worn off. Which could happen if the psychedelic improved the brain.

When it comes to productivity, psychedelics may end up having the opposite effect, like if they make you start questioning if what you're trying to be more productive on is really worth the effort in the first place.

I certainly don't mean to discourage you from trying them, but not for the reasons you're thinking about. Psychedelics are more about mind expansion (allowing you to see things and think about things in ways you normally couldn't) vs. just getting shit done faster :)

Edited by WorknMan

8 hours ago, mariustuhut said:

How do you use psychedelics for emotional growth and which is the best healing?

It just happens naturally as you trip. Just surrender to the trip and the substance will take you were you need to go, whether mentally or emotionally.

I've had powerful emotional experiences on every substance. It mostly depends on you, not the substance.

Mushrooms can be very emotional for me. They tend to be intoxicating and very trippy. LSD is better for metaphysical contemplation.

As your trip starts you can set an intention to either: 1) work on personal emotional issues, 2) work on metaphysical insights, 3) work on life purpose and a vision for your life. Just pick one and see where it takes you.

@Leo Gura@WorknMan@Joseph Maynor , I'm going to list some research relating to neurogenesis and brain enhancement with psychedelics.

Here's a quote from wiki on cannabis, although not well referenced:

"Some studies have shown that the stimulation of the cannabinoids results in the growth of new nerve cells in the hippocampus from both embryonic and adult stem cells. In 2005 a clinical study of rats at the University of Saskatchewan showed regeneration of nerve cells in the hippocampus.[99] Studies have shown that a synthetic drug resembling THC, the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, provides some protection against brain inflammation, which might result in better memory at an older age. This is due to receptors in the system that can also influence the production of new neurons.[100] Nonetheless, a study directed at Rutgers University demonstrated how synchronization of action potentials in the hippocampus of rats was altered after THC administration. Lack of synchronization corresponded with impaired performance in a standard test of memory.[101] Recent studies indicate that a natural cannabinoid of cannabis, cannabidiol (CBD), increases adult neurogenesis while having no effect on learning. THC however impaired learning and had no effect on neurogenesis.[102] A greater CBD to THC ratio in hair analyses of cannabis users correlates with protection against gray matter reduction in the right hippocampus.[103] CBD has also been observed to attenuate the deficits in prose recall and visuo-spatial associative memory of those currently under the influence of cannabis,[104][105] implying neuroprotective effects against heavy THC exposure. Neurogenesis might play a role in its neuroprotective effects, but further research is required."

Edited by astrokeen

@astrokeen I have never used cannabis.

Certainly the research shows it has medical properties of all kinds.

The problem with it is addiction.

True psychedelics are non-addictive.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@astrokeen I have never used cannabis.

Certainly the research shows it has medical properties of all kinds.

True psychedelics are non-addictive.

I thought Cannabis was physically non-addictive. I've known people who are psychologically addicted to it. But I used to smoke like it was my job back in high school. But I never actually got addicted to it. I didn't ever really crave it. And I quit when I was 20, very unceremoniously without any desire to do it again. I just smoked it because it was a folkway and it was always around. I basically liked the ceremonial nature of it where doing it with friends and family was like an iconoclastic ritual of sorts where we could do a minor act of law breaking together and talk about weird topics. 

But overall, I'm not a fan of it. I never actually liked it on its own, save a few genuinely good memories. I just liked being part of that subculture. And it was part of my identity at the time too. 

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Got that right. 

Here's an article on research on brains of Ayahuasca users:

http://reset.me/study/study-long-term-use-of-ayahuasca-linked-to-changes-in-personality-and-brain-structure/

Key finding:

"ayahuasca users also performed significantly better in neuropsychological tests (which assessed criteria such as memory, planning and set-shifting) than the controls, responding with a higher number of correct responses and lower number of errors. In fact, similar increases in cognitive performance were observed in ayahuasca users in a previous study".

This is  attributed to DMT. Long term Ayahuasca use had similar effects on the brain as meditation.

Psychedelics can rewire the pathways and connections to make you more open and more aligned with your true self (if you may) but you have to do the work to actually improve on a permanent level. They are more like a reset button.

Turmeric (Curcumin), CBD, Urine Therapy, Fasting and some other Medicinal Mushrooms/Herbs have Neurogenesis qualities as well.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Leo Gura You can get addicted psychologically to anything from your tv to your smartphone but talking about physical addiction for example tobacco, cannabis is not addictive whatsoever.