Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,197 posts in this topic

This is a very good and unbiased video on the Venezuelan Crisis(which is quite rare...).

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

Incredible explanation of how telepathy is a "visual language" in the first 15 minutes. Psychedelics increase the awareness of changes in face, body, emotions and context (visual aspects of communication) to such an extent that telepathy (communication without deliberate signalling) is possible. In other words, the increased ability to empathize (to "feel the other") melts the interpersonal boundaries into a shared experience. It's not so much an ethereal transmission of thoughts as a synchronous cognitive construction caused by the increased fidelity of stimuli/perception and similar dictionary units (hence why friends and relatives are better at telepathy than strangers -- and empathy for that matter).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Very very similar to "Life Goes In Phases" but more broad, you can apply to alot of things. 

Very interesting to use this to think about the future of the US.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

43 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Rilles her book is hard to read.did u completely read it

I read about half of Thinking In Systems: A Primer, but I learned systems thinking through an online course instead because I thought it was easier. Her book was a bit too abstract and meta and didnt have enough examples and implementations for me personally. 

@Rilles @Rilles @Rilles thanks man.

I was like damn i will purchase leos book and i cant wait to have access to book on system thinking and after i purchased and bought the book i was like dude what the fish.this is too technical and requires years of contemplation to understand

6 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Rilles @Rilles @Rilles thanks man.

I was like damn i will purchase leos book and i cant wait to have access to book on system thinking and after i purchased and bought the book i was like dude what the fish.this is too technical and requires years of contemplation to understand

I havent really found a book on Systems that I'm willing to buy yet, I am looking into some stuff by Fritjof Capra and Peter Senge but I would rather read papers and watch lectures for now. 

56 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I havent really found a book on Systems that I'm willing to buy yet, I am looking into some stuff by Fritjof Capra and Peter Senge but I would rather read papers and watch lectures for now. 

There is a communication theory course I'm taking that is explictly based on systems thinking and holism, people like Gregory Bateson and Fritjof Capra. The books are in Norwegian though ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

42 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

There is a communication theory course I'm taking that is explictly based on systems thinking and holism, people like Gregory Bateson and Fritjof Capra. The books are in Norwegian though ?

Ah, shoot, Im Swedish, so close... xD

15 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Rilles did u read tao of systems thinking

Nope, have you? Is it worth reading?

@Rilles Audiobook is very good would recommend. The intro to systems thinking audiobook is not so good. Did not read the physical book yet.