Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

i ask this very humbly without ego

how can i move from yellow to turquoise.

i have 50 books on survival to read that is pending. and i cannot afford to read about sd from the sd bible book as getting out of wage slavery is my top priority.i am in a race against time to escape wage slavery. the system in my country is really fucked up.its a blue/early orange country. so if someone who is expert in sd read this , then come forward and give me tips

@asifarahim Why do you want to move from Yellow to Turquoise?

Perhaps I can help.

@captainamerica

17 minutes ago, captainamerica said:

@asifarahim Why do you want to move from Yellow to Turquoise?

I think higher is better and turqoise has everything yellow has and something more

@blackchair i am aiming a job which is my life purpose .but it has an exam i need to pass.only after passing the exam i get the job.but that exam has age limit.so i need to win this race against time to crack the exam.also in my country i cannot make money out of any thing.in my country the system favours beauracrats and punishes artist.its a very fucked up mess.so if i do not crack this exam then i will need to do jobs which i do not like.using mastery i can be better at anything but that meaning will not be there as it is not my life purpose and my life would be hollow.

15 minutes ago, asifarahim said:

@captainamerica

I think higher is better and turqoise has everything yellow has and something more

@asifarahim What is that something more? or is it a general desire?

It is important to ask this because if you have a desire for something specific but it is vaguely defined then your endeavor will most certainly fail then and there itself. Common examples of this are "Work smart;not hard", "Passion" etc, people talk about these things a lot but one of the main reasons they fail to implement even a tiny bit of it is that they don't define or idealize. I believe you can relate to it by your observations of other people/culterscape, it is quite common. 

Edited by captainamerica

22 hours ago, asifarahim said:

@captainamerica i want to maximise my creativity,productivity in a healthy way

@asifarahim Will send you a pm on this in the context of turquoise.

Edited by captainamerica

Bronfenbrenner's ecological model (1979).

Figur-1-Bronfenbrenners-okologiske-modell-Figuren-er-hentet-fra.png

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@asifarahim Buy this book: https://theturquoisebrickroad.com/product/book/ It ships to most countries. I recommend a hardcopy over the kindle version as the kindle version did not display properly on my phone and computer.

The book has a section about each stage in Gravesian theory.

If the book is too expensive for you (it's worth it but admittedly pricey) then check out one resource I found from the book that is available online: https://www.presencing.org/aboutus/theory-u

Good luck, hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Bernardo Carleial said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_Investigations

Philosophical Investigations - Ludwig Wittgenstein 

A very good book for understanding the nature of Language and its implications in our world and our sense of reality.

I only read the Wikipedia article, but Wittgenstein seems very construct-aware.

vol_14_no_1_cook-greuter_construct_aware_stage_and_the_fool_archetype.pdf

Edited by Nobody_Here
Changed "construct-aware" link to a better one

8 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

This is 100 percent yellow.

I would agree with that. :x

@Nobody_Here Yeah Girl, it's synergistic, visionary, systems thinking, looking from multiple perspectives, and from a state of being. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@Nobody_Here wow! Thank you for sending that link and that article on the stages of ego-development! These are gold!!! ???

I will send two videos from the movie "Wittgenstein", by Derek Jarman, in which a lot of scenes were taken from actual examples from the book(Philosophical Investigations), in which he tries to deconstruct the "mysterious" nature of language. 

6 hours ago, Bernardo Carleial said:

@Nobody_Here wow! Thank you for sending that link and that article on the stages of ego-development! These are gold!!! ???

I will send two videos from the movie "Wittgenstein", by Derek Jarman, in which a lot of scenes were taken from actual examples from the book(Philosophical Investigations), in which he tries to deconstruct the "mysterious" nature of language.

Thank you for the video links. I have decided to obtain a copy of Philosophical Investigations and read it for myself.

18 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

@Nobody_Here Yeah Girl, it's synergistic, visionary, systems thinking, looking from multiple perspectives, and from a state of being. 

True -- and it's not often that I see something labeled Yellow around here that actually is. Good job.

11 hours ago, Nobody_Here said:

True -- and it's not often that I see something labeled Yellow around here that actually is. Good job.

11 hours ago, Nobody_Here said:

Thank you for the video links. I have decided to obtain a copy of Philosophical Investigations and read it for myself.

I think you might enjoy it!??

This book is very thought provoking ?

And he's able convey his ideas in a very direct and "colloquial " manner!??