Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, PlayOnWords said:

Brian Eno on his concept of "Scenius".

@PlayOnWords I'm not sure what makes this specifically Yellow vs Green. It could probably fall into either category, but the fun play on words alone doesn't make it Yellow. Love Eno though!

17 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

but the fun play on words alone doesn't make it Yellow.

?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 6/23/2021 at 10:04 PM, tuckerwphotography said:

@PlayOnWords I'm not sure what makes this specifically Yellow vs Green. It could probably fall into either category, but the fun play on words alone doesn't make it Yellow. Love Eno though!

The ability to generate the insight and concept of "scenius" strikes me as Yellow-type thinking. He shows a lot of Green in this clip too, though.

Often overlooked causes of spiritual regression are exposure to free glutamate and EMF's. For me personally the REID program has helped me a lot, but everyone walks their own path and what has a profound impact for one person might be negligible for another.

On 23/06/2021 at 2:49 PM, PlayOnWords said:

Brian Eno on his concept of "Scenius".

haha, first thing I see when I open the thread is a video on UBI.

I'm starting to think "UBI and related ideas" is some sort of milestone that tells you you're Yellow.  Unfamiliar with UBI?  You've probably not gone through Yellow.

I remember a time when all I wanted to talk about was UBI (and related ideas), lol.  Anyone else?

Edit 1:  Just watched the vid.  Amazing example of Yellow!  Now THIS guy is 100% Yellow, perfect example.

Edit 2:  I actually appreciate you mentioning him, didn't know about him until now.  He's like an older version of me.  He looks, sounds and talks just like me, down to the accent, profession, style, and personality type! wth! lol

Edited by thisintegrated

A beautiful Documentary which clarifies a lot of the concepts expressed by Heidegger in his book "Being and Time, one of the most difficult books I've ever read in my life.

TITLE: Ken Wilbers Collected Rants on Postmodernism and the Culture War

Stage yellow critique of stage green

TITLE:  Jonathan Haidt w/ Prof. Adam Grant: Authors@Wharton - The Coddling of the American Mind

Edited by Raze

TITLE: CCS 2020 8 Dec. Peter Turchin

TITLE: Cultural macroevolution: Understanding the rise of large-scale complex societies in human history

For those who don't know, Dominic Cumming's was the political advisor for Boris Johnson and is heralded as the chief architect of Brexit. I think he is a stage yellow type of guy. He thinks systemically, he calls for radical change, he admits he doesn't know. 

Edited by bbgbyby

Taking a multi-disciplinary perspective and distilling it down to its essence. JP at his best.

Great examples of systems thinking in this one.

i ask this very humbly without ego

how can i move from yellow to turquoise.

i have 50 books on survival to read that is pending. and i cannot afford to read about sd from the sd bible book as getting out of wage slavery is my top priority.i am in a race against time to escape wage slavery. the system in my country is really fucked up.its a blue/early orange country. so if someone who is expert in sd read this , then come forward and give me tips