Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

It's kinda crass when they think women are a distraction especially in stage Blue countries. Classic misogynistic attitude. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

27 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It's kinda crass when they think women are a distraction especially in stage Blue countries. Classic misogynistic attitude. 

Blues gonna blue. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

Blues gonna blue. 

Well not forever or else we're fucked!

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Well not forever or else we're fucked!

For a few more generations. Not going away anytime soon, more than half the world is still Blue. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles @Preety_India The Middle East and Africa haven’t even made it fully to Blue yet! Unconsciousness ain’t going nowhere.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, Girzo said:

@DocWatts @Elevated Guys, I have almost missed a book you are talking about, because there were no pictures in any of your post, but the books seem very interesting, so I will post a cover there to catch attention of people browsing this thread in the future, haha.

Buy it here: https://www.amazon.com/Listening-Society-Metamodern-Politics-Guides/dp/8799973901

41u+rXP62xL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Sorry about that, and thank you. I can't recommend the book highly enough for anyone with an interest in the emerging paradigm of metamodernism, or in developmental psychology. If models like Spiral Dynamics and The Nine Stages of Ego Development are of interest to you, you should read this; you'll come away with a much richer understanding of the paradigm that gave birth to both of those models.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Moon I feel like there's a fine distinction between blue thinking and blue 'way' of thinking.
Like for example you can reach opposite conclusions with the same thinking. 

Let's talk about Blue for example:

1. I can say that "Women aren't allowed in the religious worshipping place of my religion because God said so in the religious book", or
  2. I can say that "Women must go to pray in the religious worshipping place because God said you shouldn't leave your women alone at home", or
  3. I can also say that " Women must be allowed in every place where men are allowed because the law of my country says that men and women are to be treated equally and you cannot argue with the law"

Now if we talk about Yellow (that's just me assuming I can understand yellow, I might be delusional. I definitely don't have turquoise qualities so I won't even talk about that):

1. I can do a whole calculation based on the psychology of how a man and a woman are attracted to each other, following what social norms would allow the faster and more efficient spread of the important ideas and what social norms are the ones that will definitely backfire in the future (i.e. how 'revolutionary' can I really be because if I'm too much against the current norms, they're gonna kill me and I'm not making any change around here), how much change can people tolerate without their entire worldview breaking down to the point that I create a crisis, what are the other cultures present in the world and how do I scale it, and many many many other factors. After all of that I can arrive at the conclusion that it isn't wise to allow women in the worshipping place.
  2. I can do a very similar contemplation/calculation and reach a conclusion that it is okay for women to gather and worship with men.

stage yellow talking to a largely stage orange/green crowd

Edited by Lyubov

Not sure if this would fall under yellow but I found the take to be pretty nuanced, especially considering people tend to separate all foods into little "good" and "bad" categories without a lot of scrutiny. This video looks into the models and the ways people experiment in the food sciences to reach the claims they have and the limitations pertaining to those methods. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Human Systems Dynamics Institute

We build capacity among individuals, teams, communities to deal with the complexity of day-to-day existence. In public and private Adaptive Action Labs, we guide clients through innovative design, implementation, and assessment cycles to find breakthrough responses to intractable issues. In research and writing we create and disseminate perspectives, models, and methods for thriving in the 21st century.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 28.01.2021 at 1:29 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

YELLOW economics is ‘do what will work given the conditions of the society and its people’, whereas 1st tier codes, it’s more like ‘do what I want to work’.

Yellow economics is something more. It's do what will work, but also doing it for the right values, creating a self-sustaining or even regenerative system. Looking long-term.

Doing what works is not enough, because exploitation often works very well in the short-term.

A stage Yellow economist:

Amazing man

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

On 1/29/2021 at 11:52 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Spiral dynamics as a simple dot art

wuaz3pvwsh161.png

That is cool. Love how effectively minimalist design is used here.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 2.2.2021 at 7:23 PM, tuckerwphotography said:

Good interview with Zeynep Tufekci about viewing the pandemic from a systems thinking perspective. I’m also an Ezra Klein fan - I feel he’s one of the sharpest minds in media. I’d peg him at 25% Orange, 50% Green, 25% Yellow.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ezra-klein-show/id1548604447?i=1000507425657

I found the way Zeynep Tufekci answers the question "How did you feel about the decision of twitter and facebook to ban Donald Trump?" (at 46:42) very fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”

Marie Curie 

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<