Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

@Brittany He is early green at best according to my estimation (vegan activism). His disagreement with Sam Harris isn't very surprising either as moral relativism is pretty much a staple in rationalist circles. He is a strong materialist (explains his determinist view on free will). He might go yellow later in his life or if he stumbles across some type of consciousness expansion.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Reading The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb, he seems to be orange/Yellow. Can anyone fill me in on if this guy is worth more of my time? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

"99% of who you are is invisible and untouchable" - Buckminster Fuller

just thought that was a beautiful quote

Edited by Rilles

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Brittany He is early green at best according to my estimation (vegan activism). His disagreement with Sam Harris isn't very surprising either as moral relativism is pretty much a staple in rationalist circles. He is a strong materialist (explains his determinist view on free will). He might go yellow later in his life or if he stumbles across some type of consciousness expansion.

Totally agree, he's talked about how he was raised christian, so it seems he's made quite the transition, possibly from blue, definetely up to orange/green now, and I expect for sure he'll move up to yellow in the future. He has nuanced opinions about a lot of topics and is a really smart guy but I don't think that makes him yellow. He's still got lots of green outrage towards the factory farming industry to get out of his system before that happens. 

Icons-FINAL.png?fit=1227,750&ssl=1

The interconnectedness between all the goals especially is what indicates this as yellow to me 

8 minutes ago, Matt1576 said:

Icons-FINAL.png?fit=1227,750&ssl=1

The interconnectedness between all the goals especially is what indicates this as yellow to me 

Still kind of idealistic though, I think were going to have sacrifice alot of the old world to survive, climate change is going to be real difficult. 

^ the interconnectedness of those are the ethics of green, to not find those radicaly different in utility when fixed is the bottleneck of green.

A yellow hierarchy will do for that issue, in which the interconnectedness of all these issues actually diminishes and is restored with a plan for which needs most prioritation, to priority ofcourse is not specific to yellow, but will be done with the common good in mind to further extents, and lesser of egoic virtue ethical ideals.

If the time comes and we need to prioritize, do we save the planet or do we make abortion legal to the 24th week? 

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

8 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Still kind of idealistic though

I think they're idealistic too, but not in the same way green is. Green is idealistic to an impractical extent. I think these goals are, to an extent at least, idealistic and yet self aware of the fact. 

9 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I think were going to have sacrifice alot of the old world to survive, climate change is going to be real difficult. 

Yeah definetely agree

@Reciprocality Perhaps I've misunderstood what you were saying, but I don't believe that acknowledging the interconnectedness between the goals is the same as saying they're all equal in importance. You can have a hierarchy and prioritise the goals whilst also realising that making progress on one goal can also have an impact on other goals. 

7 minutes ago, Matt1576 said:

@Reciprocality Perhaps I've misunderstood what you were saying, but I don't believe that acknowledging the interconnectedness between the goals is the same as saying they're all equal in importance. You can have a hierarchy and prioritise the goals whilst also realising that making progress on one goal can also have an impact on other goals. 

Well then it seems we agree, only i would claim the interconnectedness is implicit in the green consciousness.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Intelligence without wisdom is not true intelligence.

We have a severe lack of intelligence within politics and even science.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Higher wisdom is better than higher truth.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Higher wisdom is better than higher truth.

Whats the difference?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Intelligence without wisdom is not true intelligence.

We have a severe lack of intelligence within politics and even science.

Because there is too much trust in data. The data that is presented by all sides is usually correct, but it removes context or stretches the truth to back up a pre-established argument. How to lie with statistics is a good book on it.

Of course data, information, and even knowledge is not intelligence.

People confuse knowledge for intelligence. As if reading a bunch of books = intelligence

Memorizing facts and figures is the opposite of intelligence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I love Chomsky, he sees right through the naive Orange fantasies. In this interview, he completely destroys the tech bro myth of neural link and artificial intelligence. In all honesty, Neural Networks are only a small step from brute-forcing a problem, to call it intelligence is to bastardize the word. Science and Tech are truly at the beginning of the Dunning–Kruger curve - no understanding of systems, language, learning, wisdom, intuition etc. It's quick to equate intelligence with a clever engineering trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMscNuSUy0I&ab_channel=LexFridman&t=1005

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Jordan Peterson finally acknowledges Ken Wilber.