Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,197 posts in this topic

@tuckerwphotography there are definitely challenges that will come up, but its got to be better then what we are currently doing... also people can vote anonymously. In underdeveloped countries intimidation dangers might be an issue, they are not ready for this system yet. 

Discussion opened. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

15 hours ago, integral said:

Overview of a new Integral 2.0 movement, based of Ken Wilbers Work.

Intregral 2.0, Lol, falls flat on its face right on the first point.

Did they even read Ken Wilber?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This video presents us with some very interesting vMEME Yellow systemic problems

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

This interview with Kanye made me rethink how I see his thought process, he seemed stage orange to me before but now I'm seeing at least stage green and maybe even some yellow. I could be completely off on this, but to me he definitely seems construct aware to some degree and he understands the different levels at which systems are integrated into one another, he may not be the most eloquent at stringing his thoughts together but just how he leads from one to the other makes me think he sees how different systems still have similar properties that can be applied universally. 

He also clearly understands that there are different perspectives one can be pursuing success for, like industry and money, power and control, or what he believes he is pursuing, universal good, freedom and love, in an absolute sense that's also what we here call God. He speaks about God a lot and although he is a very adamant Christian it's pretty clear he's not talking about the old man with a stick in the sky watching over us all. Just my opinion but he's been villainized by the mainstream which mostly still operates from stage blue/orange, a la spiral dynamics. The people who he speaks of and appreciates were also construct aware and purposeful. 

Where would you guys place this current version of Kanye West? 

56 minutes ago, Harmonance said:

he definitely seems construct aware to some degree and he understands the different levels at which systems are integrated into one another

No.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

59 minutes ago, Harmonance said:

Where would you guys place this current version of Kanye West? 

Kanye is probably Orange/Green with some Red/Blue shadow. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a sort of meta-Orange view of hedonism, he is definitely somewhere in Orange/Green. Haha... he such a complex guy, a rainbow!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

He obviously suffers from mental illnesses. This guy should not be "running for president"

Don't get me wrong. I do wish him the best of luck and healing in life. But it's kind of ridiculous to think of him as a stage Yellow thinker :P

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

I doubt Kayne is Yellow.

He's, let's just say... special ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Harmonance said:

I could be completely off on this, but to me he definitely seems construct aware to some degree and he understands the different levels at which systems are integrated into one another

Descriptions like these can be applied very broadly without having very much to do with Yellow.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Harmonance,@Leo Gura
Based on what I've heard of the interview so far, he seems very green but with a strong anchor in blue (maybe red too but I didn't see it being that dominant so far). As for Orange, maybe he wants to use his orange values to solve things, idk. There's a little bit of a hint of yellow in there tho, at least from my observation. 
He is definitely a complex painting of several colours, and an example of someone who cannot just be described by one colour. 

If we talk about the 9 stages model, he does seem to have pluralist thought patterns in him, but with a strong center of gravity on the achiever stage, maybe a strong expert stage influence like when he bluntly says good things about himself, or flaunts his expertise or knowledge in things. And he seems quite religious so he has a conformist part of himself that's very dominant in his decision-making. 

Maybe the red part he had in him evolved into blue.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:21 AM, Leo Gura said:

I doubt Kayne is Yellow.

He's, let's just say... special ;)

Too narcissistic to be Yellow. Having some awareness of Constructs alone does not a Yellow make.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Im not saying she is Yellow, but this is "living while being conscious of your ecological footprint" which is a Yellow value. 

@Rilles Yellow doesn't have the motivation to do this, green does. Yellow sees individual efforts like this a waist of time and would rater focus its energy on root cause systemic efforts. 

This is also solidly a green value.

Edit: I am not saying yellow doesnt care or is not a minimalist, im saying it lacks motivation to do meticulous foot print reduction. Because it sees how ineffective it is. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

28 minutes ago, integral said:

@Rilles Yellow doesn't have the motivation to do this, green does. Yellow sees individual efforts like this a waist of time and would rater focus its energy on root cause systemic efforts. 

So the Yellow lifestyle is more like Orange? I dont quite get what youre trying to say. Isnt Yellow supposed to be ecologically conscious? What makes you say you cant be both sustainable and working on the root cause solutions?

pg. 282 Spiral Dynamics: Mastering Values, Leadership and Change

"•favours appropriate technology, minimal consumption, and a deliberate effort to avoid waste and clutter"

But theyre flexible, not rigid. I think Ken Wilber said something like "One minute extremely organized and put together and then all of sudden you seem them having McDonalds" ... Flex/Flow

2:33

Edited by Rilles

27 minutes ago, integral said:

At which point does this not just become empty talk?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Rilles Yellow is a natural minimalist within reason, it does not try to fight the environment/world its living in, goes with the flow. Yellow also sees that its foot print depends on the structure its living in and so individual efforts will have 0 impact long term. Long term vs Short term thinking. 

Greens minimalism comes from a place of values, "i dont like wasting" Green is trying to get more of what it wants. (survival)

Yellows minimalism comes from a place of not needing. "These things dont add anything to my life, its unnecessary" Yellow is not trying, things naturally fall away. 

3 minutes ago, integral said:

@Rilles Yellow also sees that its foot print depends on the structure its living in and so individual efforts will have 0 impact long term. Long term vs Short term thinking. 

But individual, structure and system are not separate, its holistic, so everything you do has an impact. Otherwise we might as well go back to Orange and say "screw it, doesnt matter, Im just an individual"

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

But individual, structure and system are not separate, its holistic, so everything you do has an impact. Otherwise we might as well go back to Orange and say "screw it, doesnt matter, Im just an individual"

15 minutes ago, integral said:

Yellow is a natural minimalist within reason, it does not try to fight the environment/world its living in, goes with the flow.

This is not a screw it mentality. "natural minimalist", reducing this to orange is ridiculous. Ah kk i see how i worded it in my first post, it makes it seem like im saying yellow doesnt care. Didnt mean to frame it that way. 

27 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Have you ever seen minimalism effect the statistics? Environmental population is growing rapidly, its not stable or linear. If its growing then larger systems need to change, nothing else will stop it. 

We see real footprint reduction happening in eco conscious green countries, or stemming from eco friendly companies like with tesla.