Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

On 2.10.2020 at 0:12 PM, Darren_Everitt said:

A friend of mine, who used to do a lot of consulting using SD (including the official test) once told me that this film is a good example of Yellow.

What official test?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 10/2/2020 at 4:09 AM, Darren_Everitt said:

I'd say Tristan Harris is Yellow: pattern recognition, vision logic analysis, individualistic ethicist. May be knocking on the door of Turquoise with the community thing in co-founding Center for Humane Technology. 

Green/Yellow. Nowhere near Turquoise. 

On 7/11/2018 at 2:32 AM, Leo Gura said:

That's right.

Although it's complicated. You have to understand that mystics and enlightened people tend to reside outside Spiral the entirely.

Nonduality cannot be mapped. Nonduality is not a stage you reach. Nonduality is Absolute.

Never forget that Spiral Dynamics is just a model, and it is not designed to model mysticism, altered states of consciousness, or nonduality.

If you want a model of levels of nonduality, Ramaji's LOC system is better suited to that. Although, still, it's just a model and will not address every facet.

Enlightenment or non-duality is ever present and can be accessed regardless of one's level of psychological maturity because the absolute realm transcends and includes the relative realms. How one experiences and interprets such satori type insights is, seemingly, determined by one's stage of evolution.

On 10/3/2020 at 3:43 PM, Carl-Richard said:

What official test?

SD test. I did it about 20 years ago, it's licensed by Don Beck as I recall.

47 minutes ago, Darren_Everitt said:

SD test. I did it about 20 years ago, it's licensed by Don Beck as I recall.

Just something interesting that I recall Don Beck mentioning during an Interview is that he would probably map himself as Blue in SD.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

17 hours ago, louhad said:

concise stage yellow understanding of race in america

Lex is obviously a very intelligent and articulate thinker. That said, I’m not sure I fully understand his point. Is he saying that in order to move up in society Blacks need to create strong and prosperous Black communities so that then they can be seen of value by dominant white society? If so, this makes sense to me. But I’m confused by his critique of “money culture” which he associates with white culture and laments hip hop for selling out to “money culture,” but isn’t that contradicting his point about Blacks needing to pull themselves up so that they can compete with the very money culture he disparages? Perhaps he sees this as a necessary evil? Maybe I just missed his larger point. Thanks for providing any clarity. @louhad

Excellent podcast interview with Zak Stein.

I disagree with his analysis of the Hero's Journey. I think he's conflating Hollywood's version with the ancient mythological Joseph Campbell version. But other than that I really resonated with his meta analysis of the evolutionary journey that's underway. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/coaches-rising/id1144203613?i=1000493396440

On 10/5/2020 at 9:02 PM, louhad said:

concise stage yellow understanding of race in america

Seems like a shame that such a well thought out and insightful video has something like 150 views. I'll definitely be checking out more of his channel.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

2 minutes ago, Rolo said:

@Carl-Richard i honestly think he has stage yellow qualities, American media has just tired to destroy him. 

You should provide timestamps and concrete examples of what he says that is Yellow.

43 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You should provide timestamps and concrete examples of what he says that is Yellow.

20:50

insightful

40:50

emotional intelligence 

42:25

congruence 

I would suggest watching the whole thing, he answered these aggressive questions really well, showing a lot of rational and intelligence, at the end the reporter even bought his words and pointed the questions to nbc news. 

Edited by Rolo

40 minutes ago, Rolo said:

42:25

I'll refrain from judging other people's interpretation of SD in here, but the "I hope I will be remembered" thing is very striking and it reminds me about what the late Frank Zappa had to say about exactly that (0:00-0:38): 

Generally speaking, selflessness is an indicator of high spiral development.

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 10/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, Arzola said:

Seems yellow to me:

That's because he is!?

Jacque Fresco is a very good example of a vMEME Yellow futurist!?

17 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'll refrain from judging other people's interpretation of SD in here, but the "I hope I will be remembered" thing is very striking and it reminds me about what the late Frank Zappa had to say about exactly that (0:00-0:38): 

Generally speaking, selflessness is an indicator of high spiral development.

selflessness doesn't mean people forget about you, if somebody commits a selfless act  they could be someone that is remembered like a Jesus or a Buddha. 

from what i can see al assad broke these questions down showing clear systems thinking, if you want to criticise the video i would suggest watching the whole thing, points i put down were just a quick flick though some of the video.

Edited by Rolo