Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, Bernardo Carleial said:

...Oh and by the way Christopher Nolan is a vMEME Yellow director

What does vMEME mean exactly?

@BobbyI disagree

I used to think of Brian Rose and London Real as stage yellow too. His conduct since his David Icke interviews (censoring comments and opposing views, not to mention the really poor reviews he consistently gets from his courses), however, makes me think he's still got a strong stage orange centre of gravity, even with the many perspectives he gets on the show (stage green / yellow)

Stage green is multi-perspectival, too, but hesitates to put them in hierarchies. That's why you'll see him give equal weight from guests ranging from Dan Pena and Alex Jones through to Sadhguru and Wim Hoff. You can see it in how he doesn't challenge the guests on very important points, which is something stage yellow would most certainly do.

I'm sure you've noticed this now too now though xD and nonetheless still a great source of varied perspectives and info

Edited by Samjc543

Stage Yellow book:

• Stage Yellow thinking
  • Stage Yellow spirituality
  • Stage Yellow advice 

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Being-Library-Erich-Fromm/dp/0786178396

Author is Stage Yellow. 100%. (He is in Leo’s examples of Yellow)

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Jonathan Blow = Stage yellow video game designer. His entire design philosophy is all about delivering "epiphany" moments that make you notice something new that you likely didn't notice at first. His last game, The Witness, is literally a game about perspective.

He's also very Yellow in the way that he analyzes other people's games.

Edited by JC Bailey

On 4/11/2020 at 5:22 PM, Matt23 said:

Here's a perfect example of 3 stage yellow minds (I'm pretty sure) getting together and talking.  

I think if you're confused about what stage yellow may look or think like, this may help.  

I find these guys really allow people to see stage yellow thinking since their articulation is so masterful.

You don't have to watch the whole thing, just seeing a part of it could give you an idea... i think...but i dunno

Enjoy!

@Matt23 Agree these guys are stage Yellow. I've spent some time on the Rebel Wisdom channel. That said, I feel it could be an example of some of Yellow's shadows. For example, making rather simple points incredibly complex, wordy and unnecessarily detailed. The first 20 mins of this video could be summarized in two or three sentences without losing much depth. I can see how Turquoise is a necessary counter-balance to Yellow's sometimes acute intellectualization of the world. Of course, plenty of Yellow thinkers don't fall into these traps (Leo being one of them), and I recognize these types of discussion has their place. Perhaps I'm even projecting my own shadows here. Anyways, curious if anyone else feels similarly about Rebel Wisdom...

Edited by tuckerwphotography

Amazing podcast. Randall Carlson incorporates huge amounts of research from various scientific disciplines to see a big-picture of the history of the earth and civilization that will make your jaw drop. 
He displays a great example of stage yellow thinking in this episode.

from just before the 2 hour mark, he has a nice 2 minute rand for anyone looking to move from stage green to stage yellow.

Enjoy! ?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

"The mind’s first step is to distinguish what is true from what is false. However, as soon as thought reflects on itself, what it first discovers is a contradiction."

Albert Camus

@Identity What is worryisome about Randall Carlson is how his beef with geological gradualism and the scientific mainstream informs his views on climate change. Essentially, he is saying that in the end, human impact doesn't matter because catastrophism is a thing. He might say he agrees with the sentiment of environmentalists, but he clearly gives off the wrong signals on the matter.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.