Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,197 posts in this topic

@KingCrimson - Damn I was literally about to post that "systems thinking" speech ! 

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

7 hours ago, nowimhere said:

@KingCrimson - Damn I was literally about to post that "systems thinking" speech ! 

I posted that a few weeks ago haha, hes amazing. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@nowimhere @Rilles He's amazing, yes. There are a couple other videos of his up on YouTube as well, although they are all quite similar in their content.

Focuses on sustainable, long term impact rather than short-term superficial help via some savior complex 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

On 11.7.2020 at 4:54 PM, Bernardo Carleial said:

received_2277089302596852.jpeg

It's also a mark of a naive mind to think holding that as a belief will be enough to protect yourself from self-deception and bias ;) 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I’ve never heard of SD till a week ago, but I’ve managed to work through Leo’s lectures on Blue, Orange, Green and am half way through yellow when something occurred to me that I wanted to post (ask)....

Use of the mind seems integral and of prime importance as Yellow. Thus.  would it stand to reason that the following stage (have not listened yet) would transcend the mind? 

I’m thinking of mindfulness practice, meditations and quieting the mind and such as this. As of the transition from yellow sees the futile-ness of a full and complete reliance on the mind?

Edited by rwells369
Grammar.

6 hours ago, rwells369 said:

Use of the mind seems integral and of prime importance as Yellow. Thus.  would it stand to reason that the following stage (have not listened yet) would transcend the mind? 

Yup. Yellow sees the relativity of concepts. Turquoise sees the relativity of mind.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 7/20/2020 at 3:04 AM, rwells369 said:

Thus.  would it stand to reason that the following stage (have not listened yet) would transcend the mind?

Turquoise begins to transcend the mind. Not Yellow.

To truly transcend the mind is a very radical thing. Almost no human on the planet has done it.

And once you do succeed in transcending the mind, you end up with Infinite Mind ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Seems like a cool channel. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

13 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Tricks_(2018)_cover.jpg

OhGr-unDeveloped_cover.jpeg

SkinnyPuppy-TooDarkPark.jpg

You have to explain why you posted this here.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Turquoise begins to transcend the mind. Not Yellow.

To truly transcend the mind is a very radical thing. Almost no human on the planet has done it.

And once you do succeed in transcending the mind, you end up with Infinite Mind ;)

Leo, first I want to thank you for the tremendous work you have and are doing on behalf of the collective! I did finish turquoise this morning ...

Are these one and the same? An infinite mind vs. full / complete enlightenment? OR rather, to borrow a buddhist phrase, does further work remain in breaking the final few of the 10 fetters (non-duality)?

If so, is actualization different from enlightenment and therefore which takes primacy? 

22 minutes ago, rwells369 said:

Leo, first I want to thank you for the tremendous work you have and are doing on behalf of the collective! I did finish turquoise this morning ...

Are these one and the same? An infinite mind vs. full / complete enlightenment? OR rather, to borrow a buddhist phrase, does further work remain in breaking the final few of the 10 fetters (non-duality)?

That is tricky because there can be so much nuance in how those terms are defined by which people.

It's just not so simple. There are hundreds of variations in awakening and various states and levels of consciousness and mastery. You cannot make sense of it with any simplistic model or set of categories. Consciousness is a very fluid thing.

If so, is actualization different from enlightenment and therefore which takes primacy?

Self-actualization is different from self-transcendence (enlightenment), yes. You can read more about that from Maslow.

Self-actualization is the second highest stage. Self-transcendence is the highest.

Edited by Raze