Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,197 posts in this topic

This movie includes people on various stages of the spiral, including turquoise and does a good job in analysing the limits and toxicity of the stages, but doesnt demonise or make a mockery of them. It is fair and neutral.

Lester: moves from stage orange to green when he quits his corporate job. 
He yells at his wife telling her that “it’s just stuff.” And that she should essentially live life instead of accumulating wealth. In the final scene he is about to have sex with Angela but decides not to when he realises she’s a virgin. This demonstrates he has matured emotionally. He even asks how his daughter is in the end even though it seems he didn’t care about her in the start. 

Lesters wife: very much stage orange. She cares about her sofa when lester spills coffee on it. She is obsessed with being the best real estate agent and is enamoured with another real estate agent who is better than her and has sex with him. She calls out Lester when he quits his job when she says she can’t pay for the bills herself. That shows limits of green. She slaps her daughter telling her that she should be grateful for all the material comforts she enjoys even though her daughter is upset about her family fighting. In the final scene she hugs all of Lesters clothes after finding out he died, showing her attachment to the material world.

Ricky Fitts: A clear example of Stage turqouise. He takes pictures of dead animals and smiles because he admires Gods creation and realises that everything is infinitely beautiful. There is a famous quote by him where he says 

“It's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.“ 

Ricky Fitts Dad: Classic example of stage blue. He beats up his son when he finds out his son went through his gun cabinet to discipline him. His son says that he is a good person and is only doing what he thinks is best. His mother is perpetually terrified of his dad because he is very patriarchal and mistreats her. He says he can’t stand faggots but he kisses lester because he has repressed homosexual feelings. 

The movie itself is stage yellow because it is able to step back and look at all of these stages. It never demonises any of them and all the characters have redeeming qualities. The problem these characters have is that they are too stuck in their stages, and this movie explores that suffering. The ultimate message of the movie is that only in stage turquoise can you escape petty human squabbles and be truly happy.

On 2/20/2020 at 9:02 PM, arvindbd1997 said:

Ricky Fitts Dad: Classic example of stage blue. He beats up his son when he finds out his son went through his gun cabinet to discipline him. His son says that he is a good person and is only doing what he thinks is best. His mother is perpetually terrified of his dad because he is very patriarchal and mistreats her. He says he can’t stand faggots but he kisses lester because he has repressed homosexual feelings. 

Great example of stage Blue.

Might want to post a vid of that in the Blue Mega-Thread.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Not sure if this is been posted if it has I am sorry.  It is pretty good.

Of course authoritarianism exists precisely because it works.

But it only works up to a certain point.

At higher levels of consciousness it stops working and becomes counter-productive.

So yes, at certain (low) levels of consciousness you have to be a dick to be successful.

But at the highest levels of consciousness being a dick will not work.

Not understanding that there are different levels of consciousness and that your followers have different levels of consciousness and different systems of values will make this guy's analysis and interviews incomplete.

There are many different leadership styles which correspond to consciousness and values levels. Not to mention that you someone cannot escape being a dick if they are stuck in a certain level of consciousness. The leader himself has to grow massively to stop being authoritarian and yet remain effective. This is not easy to do for most people. Which is why its so rare and authoritarianism and abuse of power is so common.

the video in itself is nice but the notice on narcissism is wrong - one problem i notice over and over again is that narcissism as a term for a specific psychological issue is not understood. not all leaders are narcissistic - they might have strong sd red personality traits and take pride, but narcissism is a personality disorder where the ego part of the personality is trapped in spiral dynamics red. narcissists like to trample on others to feel better - in that there is a conflation between higher leadership and narcissistic leadership in the video. although the material is pretty nice.

"Every generation imagines itself." -Leo

But that's more Turquoise ;)

This discussion is pretty instrumental being based on what theoretical physicist Leonard Mlodinow describes as elastic thinking comprising of the embracing and interpreting the world through multiple points of view, collective diversity and self-reflection as well as transforming human-biology through enriching and diversifying your perspective through life long learning.

Warning: Get ready for paradoxical twists and nuanced insights challenging unconscious assumptions and beliefs through eye opening philosophical exploration.

not storing knowledge can cause a dark age

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Latest entry to Eric Weinsteins podcast the Portal. One of the best examples of a stage yellow conversation I have ever seen on a Podcast. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did. Rarely get to see conversations that display meta analysis at this level.

Edited by RickyBalboa

Profound Insight into the Shadow of Yellow.

If people become too intellectual they will see everything is information, therefore the people in power could try to euthanize the 'dumb,' aka general population.

Summary: be warned when society enters stage yellow, euthanasia is possible. 

(This shows that even stage yellow people can be focused on survival) 

(edit: I mean by euthanasia as in killing the person or making it that the person has to go toward the Government to see if they are 'smart enough to reproduce')

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Very comedic but very integral :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Takaway... Be as truthful and authentic in communcating with others as possible = leads to Decentralized Collective Intelligence = solve all these massive issues

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins