Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Aurélien Barrau - Astrophysician ( FRENCH ) ( I would even put it FULLY in TURQUOISE at this level ( even if he speak from a yellow point ), he talks all the spiritual and "anti scientism/anti dogma" introducing his work by 4 hours of philosophy on how the world is "nothing" and we work on "model", while knowing most law of physics / teacher at French College ) ( Talk about Nietzsche & Jacques Derrida - ) + he know that his life resolve around "being".

very woke for the french people. ( more than 30 hours of teaching on youtube )

Friedrich Nietzsche - "Zarathustra"  / Anti dogma / yellow:turquoise end tier.

Robert Sapolsky - Biology - human mind ( on youtube ). ( yellow )

fascinating :

Daniel Schmachtenberger - Rebel Wisdom ( futur philosophy / guru )

Ken Wilber

Edited by Aeris

4 hours ago, Aeris said:

Friedrich Nietzsche - "Zarathustra"  / Anti dogma / yellow:turquoise end tier.

Also Beyond Good & Evil

On 10/31/2019 at 1:32 AM, Joker said:

Obama - yellow challenging green? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50239261

Woke culture needs to be challenged, but if you look at the other things Obama has said it's to the contrary: he's not green enough while Bernie is solid stage green

Pandering to centrists =/= stage yellow

Edited by tenta

Non-linear "versus" Linear Thinking

Nora Bateson, Gregory Bateson's daughter.

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

Ray Dalio is a great example of a Yellow thinker. He has a holistic approach to the economy, systems thinking, reduces complex phenomenons to principles, cherishes novel ideas, he can hold contradictory points of view and much more. He is also emphasizing meaningful relationships, conscious decisions and helping others. His favourite approach is Meritocracy, which is exactly the type of system Leo mentioned in his video - the best ideas and the most capable individuals make the decisions. Also, he has a daily habit of meditation. How's that for a hedge fund manager? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M95m2EFb7IQ

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Here is a nice article which shows an emotional but still yellow thinking about the current situation on earth and whats going wrong.
It lacks the depth of the next meta structure which would be that these problems resolve mainly of a lack of consciousness but still shows many aspects which mass media is not covering.

http://globalcomment.com/why-climate-change-is-an-irrelevance-economic-growth-is-a-myth-and-sustainability-is-forty-years-too-late/?fbclid=IwAR2M3ftmt6Hligme4sJTbNr4x0PfLolm-HrHpzPaHBAAqt0tVOe_He-oF40

Edited by Salomon

A great TEDx Talk that covers biases and storytelling.

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

Life is Integration  (SD 7)....I integrate to realize the highest potential,...it is said that Yellow (SD 7) is open to learning at any time and from any source,  like bees that gather nectar from many flowers.  

If we were to use an ancient analogy,...the lower 6 Substance Levels are synonymous with life as a caterpillar.   SD 7 is the metamorphosis.  And SD 8 is the butterfly.

"A caterpillar who seeks to know himself would never become a butterfly"  Andre Gide

Most of those I've met who claim to be Yellow (SD 7) don't meet the above statements.  Yes,....they may have had a few Peak Experiences that fit their experiences with their beliefs,...thus dragging their beliefs along to the next possible Peak experience.  

However,...experience born of belief can only be experienced through the condition of that belief,...even 5-MeO,...if you bring your beliefs along, it merely fortifies one's beliefs,...one's conditions.  So perhaps there are many faux Yellow's, or the Stages have "signal strengths," with different levels of Conscious Awareness within each Stage.  

"In pursuit of knowledge, every day something is acquired.
In pursuit of wisdom, every day something is dropped."  - Lao Tzu

I recall Joseph Campbell mention his one and only Peak experience having to do with a track-n-field event,...yet he appeared open to learning.  I thought that was humorous at the time, because I had more Peak experiences than most Italians have had pizza in their lives.  Had Joseph Campbell reached Yellow (SD 7)?  Don't know.  

Most of my Peak experiences just happened,...yet many were also induced,...such as the Just Because Club activities,...placing oneself in situations that bring pause to ego.  

One could inhale 5-MeO,...or one can activate 5-MeO naturally through Unfeigned Surrender.  The latter is different than the former.

I do have some comments with some "key words" from the first post:

Going meta:  assume that could suggest Metasensory, which would be accurate.   Yellow (SD 7) is the Transition between the Sentient Being and the Spiritual Being.  

As man unfolds from Sensed Being to Spiritual Being he gradually becomes aware of the two-way motion of all effect."  Walter Russell

knowledge:  Yellow (SD 7) is also the transition from knowing to gnowing.    'Gnothi Seauton', as inscribed over the portico of the Temple at Delphi, means Gnow Thyself, not Know Thyself.    

know\no, v. knew, known, know-ing, knows; OE gecnawan, be able to; akin to L. gnovi. 1. to perceive directly through the senses; comprehend through the intellect (the 6th sense); psyche. 2. to have fixed in the intellect or memory, something as true. 3. to be acquainted with or have a practical understanding of, as through sensory experience; know how to cook. 4. to comprehend noologically; through thought/intellect.

gnow\no, v. gnew, gnown, gnow-ing, gnows; from Gk gnosis, understanding through Heart-Mind. 1. to understand directly through metasensory awareness (beyond the 6 senses); comprehend through the heart of essence or thymos. 2. to experience, without media-tion, something as true. 3. to be acquainted with or have gnostic understanding of, as through metasensory experience; to gnow love. 4. to comprehend ontosophically; through prajna/gnosis.

Independent thinking:  I view Yellow (SD 7) as the beginning of Dependent Thinking,...when one begins to realize that the universe is not here for them, but that they are here for the universe.

It could be said that the most significant thing to learn is how to Unlearn.  

The following McKenna quote is a good summary of Yellow (SD 7):
"I can assure you, that anyone who has ever managed to awaken from the dream state was drive by unendurable mental and emotional forces,...many people can build nuclear reactors, compose symphonies, conquer nations, or can perform brain surgery, but very few can see what is.  Spiritual awakening is about discovering what’s true. Anything that’s not about getting to the truth must be discarded. Truth isn’t about knowing things; you already know too much. It’s about unknowing. It’s not about becoming true; it’s about unbecoming false so that all that’s left is truth." 

The threshold of Turquoise is the Unfeigned Surrender to the Spiritual dimension underlying all Form.   Some Easterners uncover Turquoise (SD 8) through non-meditation,...no Turquoise (SD 8) meditates.  One thing in common with all Turquoise (SD 8) is the Conscious Awareness of unfabricated presence.  They're realized that there is no Present in time.

"Contradictions in perspective among those Seeing the profound do not occur" – Taranatha

"The Feminine of Duality is not a gender of Form, but the Wave of a Particle" - V Panetta

I think Gary Vaynerchuck is a stage yellow thinker. At first he seems stage orange, but if you see more of his content I think it is stage green and yellow. A good example of a spiral wizard in my opinion. What do you all think?

6 years ago i read a book called switch:how to change things when change is hard by chip and dan heath. I feel that is full of yellow examples 

Robert Fritz and Structural Dynamics

"The underlying structure of anything will determine its behavior." (i.e. not prior events. imo)

Hello guys. I'm trying to understand my own stage. So I was doing analysis and was going back to my old thinking patterns since I was young(6-8-10). One thing I'm aware is that I was 100% non judgmental, and even now when I see ppl I'm like that's the way he understands things, or if someone insults me in anyway I'll be like, he got triggered by something else or he felt threatened by my attitude. Also I used to go to  church/mosque cuz I though praying to god was good and made me feel good. My praying would be literally like this: Jesus,budha,allah,Mohammed  whatever is the truth thank you, and I would go to sleep ? (nvr interested in learning Islam method of praying or any kind of church ritual) Had  friends, atheist and Christians. Also I lost this belief in GOD, or whatever I though god was when I was like 15 16, I was like wait a min, all those books are fairytales, but still thought that thers some good morals and needed for some ppl to help them with a deeper sense of life and help them psychologically. Since I started meditating though 3 years ago, and since I came to the US 2 years ago my patterns of thinking would go like this: I need to do smth with my life, and also I developed some sort of devotion toward my guru and Shiva as a figure of not the truth but someone who gave humanity tools for transformation. I also had mystical experiences if you will, like my vision turned green while meditating, and I lose sense of my body completely,  no tension, no feeling on the body, it's just me, my emotions are still there but the connection with my body completely gone. Does this makes me a BLUE/ORANGE/GREEN/YELLOW? BLUE coz I think shiva or my guru are needed for my spiritual growth, ORANGE cuz I need to do smth tangible with my life, GREEN coz I value respect a lot and consensus, YELLOW cos I find it funny and I'm aware that understanding reality or having mystical experiences can come either from yoga,psychedelics,watching Leo's videos or just going deep decoding your psychology, and reading about Systems lately and how important they are. Also I had those experiences, does it make me PURPLE according to the model or TURQOISE. Also guys I'm being aware of some old programming I had before, everytime I meet someone that kinda was doing what I was doing, or knowing more than me in a certain field I would feel threatened, was this some kind of RED? 

Edited by Virgo

On 12/5/2019 at 8:20 PM, Arthur said:

Ray Dalio is a great example of a Yellow thinker. He has a holistic approach to the economy, systems thinking, reduces complex phenomenons to principles, cherishes novel ideas, he can hold contradictory points of view and much more. He is also emphasizing meaningful relationships, conscious decisions and helping others. His favourite approach is Meritocracy, which is exactly the type of system Leo mentioned in his video - the best ideas and the most capable individuals make the decisions. Also, he has a daily habit of meditation. How's that for a hedge fund manager? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M95m2EFb7IQ

How the economic machine works by Ray Dalio is an amazing video and depicts perfect yellow characteristics. Very interesting video for generations to come.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.