Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

If you were to guess which place/city or country would first come in to stage yellow, which would you say?

On 01/08/2019 at 1:09 AM, Hampus said:

If you were to guess which place/city or country would first come in to stage yellow, which would you say?

Somewhere in Scandinavia 

On 7/31/2019 at 10:09 AM, Hampus said:

Seems like Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Scandinavia are leading the way.

It's easier to do in small nations with high per capita GDP.

It's much harder to do in a nation with 300 million people, huge income disparity, and lots of cultural/racial tension.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Hampus I would give the flags to Denmark and Norway. Because of the total failure of green in neighboring  Sweden. It will propel them to innovate and reach yellow soon I think. They have a lot of green policies across the board and capacity for integral thinking.

Edited by Yog

I'm not American, but to me, Andrew Yang seems deeply yellow. I've watched a lot of his interviews and this one from Bloomberg seems to display it the finest. 

This may not be close to the metaphysical explanation for what consciousness is but I think its still beyond a stage orange perspective of what it is and I thought this would go under stage yellow since he is speaking of feedback loops here. Feel free to correct me though 

Edited by Chi_

Beautifully explains the pros and cons point of view of being a warrior.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

On 8/31/2019 at 0:13 PM, Rastablasta said:

Andrew Yang seems deeply yellow.

Why because he's Asian. You racist! :D Just kidding. Ya though Yang has a very deep understanding of all the dynamics around everything and why it's happening. Good observation. I live in the USA and I am supporting him for sure for the 46th President of the United States. 

On 8/18/2019 at 1:51 AM, Keyhole said:

Did you link the wrong video? I'd say reviewbrah is orange/green

This video requires some explanation: the reason why I brought this vidro to this mega thread was not much on WHAT it was presented in this content, but really on HOW this content was presented. A vMEME Yellow would probably approach this situation in a Systems Thinking/Game theory view, but in a more sofisticated and nuanced way than that. You can't summarise what will happen to ISIS fighters post-caliphate in just 7 minutes. But the mechanics of it are very yellow. 

For more about systems thinking and game theory, google "The Tragedy of the Commons" and "The Prisoner's Dilemma".